[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>b-but it's fine because he's unique! You guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
>b-but it's fine because he's unique!

You guys know that they can make any character unique right? And he doesn't even seem to have any different gameplay mechanic like Shulk, Rosalina, or Little Mac do. It's just fancy looking animations.
>>
Who cares.
>>
Sakurai is a fire emblem bitchboy.
More at 11.
>>
You know it's advertising right so stop being butt hurt.
>>
arr rook same
>>
I love Fire Emblem so I'm happy
>>
>>320414943
advertisement you have to pay extra for. And took the spot of someone that would have been ACTUAL fanservice instead of something only a few weebs and some japs wanted
>>
>>320415137
Corrin was the most requested character in Japan.
>>
>>320415137
>you have to pay extra for

So a Nintendo representative is going to put a gun to your head and make you buy it?

Speak with your wallet and don't buy it if you think it's shit.
>>
>Corrin was #1 in Japan
>Bayonetta was #1 in Europe
Did they say Cloud was #1 in Murrika?
>>
>>320415182
>Corrin was the most requested character in Japan.

Says who? I love how people always pull this shit they always magically know about Japan out of their ass.

>>320415226
>speak with your wallet and don't buy it if you think it's shit.

Uh, I was planning on it. That doesn't mean I can't express disappointment over not getting someone more exciting, retard.
>>
>>320415424
>Corrin was #1 in Japan
L I T E R A L L Y

W H OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>320415519
Calm your memes! holy fug!
>>
II am loving the salt in this thread
>T-The game is shit, h-hakurai
Mmmm, feed me more
>>
His moves are unique
>it's just fancy looking animations
aka different animations for different moves with different properties and applications
i get that FE is oversaturated, but it's not a big deal
also
>>320415137
>you have to pay extra for
you don't have to do anything
>>
>people bitching about a smash character with a chainsaw

damn, you're all fags.
>>
>>320415468
>had to resort to name calling

Shh. It's okay. I accept your surrender.
>>
>>320415519
The game isn't even out in NA or Europe.
>>
SUPER ANIMU SWORD FIGHTING BROS.
>>
>>320415786
>Dragon lancing chainsaw sword
I couldnt be more excited
>>
>>320414704
By that logic every character that uses their fists are the same just with different animations.

Lets face it anon, you don't even care about this choice, you just want to make a shitposting thread. Go home and pester your family if you want so much attention.
>>
>>320415760
>aka different animations for different moves with different properties and applications

which they could have done with any character

>you don't have to do anything
If you want to play him you have to pay extra. I'm not obligated to care about a character being advertisement when they're ALSO asking for people to pay to even try him. The cost for the character should be justification in itself for their inclusion, not apologist bullshit "B-BUT HE'S JUST THERE FOR ADVERTISEMENT." Am I supposed to feel sorry for Nintendo needing to advertise characters when this is supposed to be fanservice?

>>320415808
>had to resort to not even making an argument
I accept your surrender ;)

>>320415950
>By that logic every character that uses their fists are the same just with different animations
You didn't read the OP correctly. I didn't say he's the same. I said that "having a unique moveset" isn't a good justification for his inclusion when he doesn't even have a meaningful new gameplay mechanic.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 477x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 477x265
>>320415760
>Unique

>Neutral Special is literally the same as Samus's
>I'll give you side special, it's pretty unique
>Down Special is ANOTHER FUCKING COUNTER
>Up special is just another uppercut-esque move

The most unique things about him are his animations

Gameplay wise he isn't shit, just another sword character with specials plucked from other characters
>>
SUUUUUUPPPPERRRRRR FIIIIIRREEEEEE BROOOOOOOO'S
>>
>>320416158
>Samus' neutral bites people that get close to her
I'll give you the others though. I laughed when Sakurai said that he gave Corrin a counter because the other FE characters had them. He really gives no fucks.
>>
>>320416137
>which they could have done with any character
what's your point? that they didn't HAVE to choose another FE rep? who cares? unique is unique
also, anything you say about paying for Corrin is irrelevant because you don't have to buy him
>>320416158
it's similar to ZSS's with a different property added, so yeah, unique
>Down Special is ANOTHER FUCKING COUNTER
i'll give you that. even though counters are essential to FE it gets old
>Up special is just another uppercut-esque move
no it's not? it's a winged ascent with a hitbox. more comparable to fucking charizard than any FE character
also i noticed how you didn't mention any of the non-special animations. wonder why that is
>>
>>320416158
Kill yourself
>>
>>320414704
Stop being salty over additional content. The guy is cool in my book, definitely more interesting than most of the other FE characters or Cloud for that matter.
>>
File: image:1371.png (104 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
image:1371.png
104 KB, 500x338
POST FEET
>>
>>320416679
>what's your point? that they didn't HAVE to choose another FE rep?
Yes

>who cares? unique is unique
Not visually. Or in terms of franchise representation. Not everyone gives a shit about Fire Emblem. Smash wouldn't be as popular as it is if it didn't represent a bunch of different video games.

>>320417109
>Stop being salty over additional content

That is supposed to be fanservice and that you need to pay extra for to play? I'll complain all I want. Justifying extra content like Lucina or Dark Pit is one thing, but this is an entirely new character that took time over someone who more people would've actually liked.
>>
feels good to be more relevant than Donkey Kong, Metroid and F-Zero combined
>>
>>320417651
>That is supposed to be fanservice
It's supposed to be another fighter and it's supposed to make money

>you need to pay extra for to play?
Yes. Don't like it, don't buy it. There were two other characters in this show you can choose from.

Honestly if I had to buy one of them it probably would be Corrin. But I think I'll pass on all of 'em.
>>
>Hating on based dragon marth
>>
File: 1444433340884.jpg (28 KB, 399x265) Image search: [Google]
1444433340884.jpg
28 KB, 399x265
>K. Rool fags thinking Nintendo owes them an old character just because there's DLC planned
>MFW I will enjoy Kamui getting in
>>
I'm glad. And I wish there were more Fire Emblem characters. Next game should have Sigurd and Lyndis.
>>
>>320417651
>Not visually.
you stated in the original post that the animations were different
>>320417651
>Not everyone gives a shit about Fire Emblem
i have not played a single Fire Emblem game, and yet still have fun playing as Marth, Roy, and Ike. CRAZY, right?
>>
>>320418281
Lyn a shit.
We need Aqua up in this shit. Or Tiki.
>>
>>320417234
This.

that landing sound effect gets me everytime. hnnnnng
>>
File: 1418484353436.png (515 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
1418484353436.png
515 KB, 525x700
K Rool and Ridley fags on suicide watch
>>
>>320415519
>WHOOOOOO?
>A game that's not even out
You way passed autism and went to legit retardation anon.
>>
was it officially announced that Bayonetta and Corrin are the last dlc characters?
>>
>>320418852
I thought Samurai made that pretty clear.
>>
>c-corrin was the top choice in japan

Nice to see FEfags reduced to making shit up.
>>
>>320418852
It was part of the direct. Did you not watch it?
>>
>>320414704
I'm sorry your character didn't get in ;_;

Maybe next time! Keep hope alive!
>>
>>320418281
>>320418548
Lore-wise we have Roy, the surviving strategist out of the three (Eliwood doesn't do shit), Hector / Lyndis just used their combat abilities with Mark's aid.

Sadly Robin fits the Mark archetype so he replaces him, and another game deserves the chance of a rep.
>>
>>320418972
I did not.
>>
get fucked smashfags
corrin's here to stay and no amount of bitching will remove him from the game
why don't you just accept it and learn to play a new character who looks like he has a fun moveset
nothing you do will change anything
>>
Marth

Ike

Robin

Corrin

That's it, Roy and Lucina doesn't exist

Get over it
>>
>It's just fancy animations

He has wings and can multi-jump
>>
File: Absol.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Absol.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
>>320414704
Reminder that Nintendo prefers to support a game that's part of a franchise that has already been saved from disgraced and now has a huge cult of fanboys than the supposed revival of one of its most requested franchises ever and that needs publicity to the new masses more than before.
I rather had Wolf and a hundred more shotaclones than a new Fire Animemblem character.
>>
>>320419078
Eh, it's just Hackurai describing the special moves. Thing that is supposed to be fun discovering out yourself.

Also unnecessary remarks in the form of "That's gonna leave a mark" ever so often.
>>
>>320419297
>wolf
>wanting a clone over an actually unique character
get out furfag
>>
>>320415950
well fighting styles with fists are a lot more varied than with swords.
but i'm more pissed at the fact that they use smash's rooster as a marketing tool
>>
I can't wait for the tears when FE dies again and the series is reduced to 3 characters in Smash 5.
>>
>>320419537

Yeah, it really is a load of cock.
>>
>>320419097
But they do exist. And the time they spent bringing back Roy couldn't have been spent bringing back Wolf. It's a lose either way.

>>320418521
>you stated in the original post that the animations were different
Yes. But the character itself doesn't. Different animations aren't anything special.

>i have not played a single Fire Emblem game, and yet still have fun playing as Marth, Roy, and Ike
And not everyone does have fun playing as Marth, Roy, and Ike. CRAZY, right?

>>320418068
>It's supposed to be another fighter and it's supposed to make money
via fanservice. That's the point of the DLC.

>Yes. Don't like it, don't buy it.
No shit sherlock. You're not making any point here.
>>
>>320419664
>Dying
Holy shit man post-Awakening FE is so easy a PS4 bro finished it with no problem and actually liked it.

I had to explain to him Lucina is not Melee Marth.
>>
>>320418840
your argument makes no sense, saying literally who about a game's protagonist that's not out is pretty far from both autism and retardation
>>
>>320414704
Literally nobody gives a fuck about Fire Emblem.

But whatever, enjoy your 6 clone babbie game.
>>
>>320420004
>>I had to explain to him Lucina is not Melee Marth.
Wait what? Did he really think that they were the same people?
>>
>>320414943
Even by advertisment he wasn't a good idea

Plenty of other games could used an advertisement before the new FE

It seems like such a waste
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 894x894
>>320415424
I sincerely doubt Corrin was number one over Squidlolies in Japan, that shit is the biggest thing right now.
>>
>>320419972
>Different animations aren't anything special.
...agree to disagree
>And not everyone does have fun playing as Marth, Roy, and Ike. CRAZY, right?
well good thing you have a new character that isn't anything like them to try out, huh
>>
>>320420516
>>320419972
to add to this,
people enjoying playing as Ike, Marth, Roy, Lucina, or Robin isn't dependent on if they like fire emblem, so i don't even know why you brought that up
>>
>>320414704
If they wanted another anime swordman so bad then they should've included Isaac instead, not another fucking FE character
>>
>>320419972
My point is it's stupid to bitch about the inevitable Fate character. Especially when there are so many to choose from. Who cares if there are 5 or 6 FE characters in a roster of nearly 50.
>>
File: fuq.png (48 KB, 230x247) Image search: [Google]
fuq.png
48 KB, 230x247
>ANUTHUR ANIMAY SORD MAN
>primary weapon is dragon fang
>>
>>320420516
>well good thing you have a new character that isn't anything like them to try out, huh

But I don't like Fire Emblem and I don't enjoy playing as FE characters.

>>320420882
>so i don't even know why you brought that up
Because some people DO enjoy playing only characters they recognize or like.

>>320421025
Over 10% of the roster is FE characters. In a game that represents almost 30 different franchises. I care.
>>
>>320421396
>Over 10% of the roster is FE characters. In a game that represents almost 30 different franchises. I care.

Nah, you faggot just want to bitch about something.
>>
File: Fire Emblem will ALWAYS WIN.jpg (778 KB, 2160x1440) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem will ALWAYS WIN.jpg
778 KB, 2160x1440
>that feel when Fire Emblem ALWAYS WINS
>>
>>320414704
>He wants another unarmed cartoon character

lol man
>>
>>320415182
>making lies in desperation
please you're making other FE fans look like faggots
>>
File: laughingdragon.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
laughingdragon.png
21 KB, 508x610
I wonder what it's like to sit there and type out those special movesets and roster predictions just to know that another fire emblem character ruined those chances.

But hey you got your mii costumes right???
>>
>>320421396
>But I don't like Fire Emblem
neither do i, yet i still enjoy playing as FE characters. stop being a baby
>>320421396
>I don't enjoy playing as FE characters.
how do you know you won't enjoy playing as Corrin? you've never played as Corrin
>Because some people DO enjoy playing only characters they recognize or like.
for most people, that's not the SOLE reason
>>
>>320419297
supporting something already in an uprise will help it more than supporting something that is nothing
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.