[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /v/riends, why is FFII considered a bad game? I'm just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115 KB, 1440x1080
hey /v/riends, why is FFII considered a bad game?

I'm just getting started with the series and finished FFI, so should I play or avoid FFII?
I absolutely loved FFI and the 2D style is no problem for me.
>>
Try it yourself and find out.
>>
FF2's world/story/characters are pretty good, the stat up system is a good idea compared to just grinding for XP but the implementation sucks, the keyword/item conversation thing is dumb.
>>
>>320411207
So is there no grinding in the whole game? That seems pretty good to me.
>>
>>320410939
People just have a problem with its balancing.Its imperfect but fine. Play the GBA version.
>>
>>320412739
Why the fuck would you recommend him the GBA version when PSP one is literally better?
>>
>>320413167
I forgot the PSP version existed. My bad.
>>
>>320410939
The progression needs an overhaul to work properly. Not a bad idea though.

I mean they took time out of their day to make Soul of Rebirth, so it can't be too bad, right?
>>
>>320411565
>So is there no grinding in the whole game?
>no grinding
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StatGrinding
>>
>>320411207
FF2's villain is underrated as hell. He's basically David Bowie in the Labyrinth.
>>
>>320411565
I never had to grind but I got stuck for many many hours not knowing what to do and just wandering everywhere, so naturally my characters got overpowered.
>>
FF1 and 2 just aged terribly. They're way too simple and there were a handful of JRPGs released during the same time that were superior in almost every aspect.
>>
>>320414025
No, he LOOKS like David Bowie from the Labyrinth, but plotwise he's the Emperor from Star Wars.
>Your home gets destroyed and your parents killed
>You rescue a princess from a giant mobile floating superweapon built by the evil Empire
>You join the rebellion and destroy the superweapon
>Empire is led by an evil Emperor and his right hand man is the ruthless Darth Va--- Dark Knight
>You have a duel with the Dark Knight in front of the Emperor only to learn that he's actually your fath-- brother
>Emperor dies but comes back as a powered up demon that can create storms by his own will (totally not ripped off from Star Wars Dark Empire comics series where the Emperor comes back powered up and can conjure up massive force storms that can destroy entire fleets with ease)
>>
FFII is the precursor of the SaGa series.
>>
>>320414545
It really is, the core devs of FF2 made SaGa
>>
>>320414212
Comparing to Dragon Quest 1, FF1 is rather complicated.

>there were a handful of JRPGs released during the same time that were superior in almost every aspect
Examples.

>>320410939
If you liked FFI, you should also have fun with FFII, so give it a try. Especially the GBA version.
>>
>>320414539
I do like that you kill him, then he takes over hell and you have to kill him again. That's tenacity.
>>
>>320414851
Don't forget he takes over Heaven too and you need to kill him there too!
>>
>>320414925
Is the heaven thing from the post-game quest with all the dead characters?
I never played that quest
>>
>>320415270
Don't bother, just like the rest of the game it's a cool idea but the execution is fucked.
>>
>>320415270
He split his soul and conquered both Heaven and Hell
>>
>>320415270
Yes, it's fun
>>
>>320410939
Meh story
Meh characters
Meh music
Horrible leveling system
Horrible keyword system

It's pretty bad. Probably the worst one I think. It's still completely playable but I didn't find it fun in the slightest and I've played them all
>>
>>320415270

Listen to >>320415429. It's designed to mirror the game, to the point where the dungeons are actual mirrored replicas of the original dungeons, but the grinding is even worse because the characters are in the same state as they were in the main-game, so you're going to get Josef and Ricard around the same time.

It's definitely an interesting idea, but I'd take a Dark World FF3 over SoR any day.
>>
>>320410939
I didn't have a problem with it until I tried to level up some magic
holy fuck is it tedious
I don't have a problem with the character leveling system, but the spells should've been fixed
>>
dropped it before the first hour. awful leveling system

played ffiii until the airship crashes in an enclosed city, dropped it

go straight to IV
>>
Hey OP, here's a thought.
How about you don't listen to casual retards and try the game for yourself?
>>
>>320417640
*to FFV
FFIV is terrible
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.