[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this boss so damn easy ? I had an harder time figuring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 26
File: gaping_dragon.jpg (19 KB, 416x241) Image search: [Google]
gaping_dragon.jpg
19 KB, 416x241
Why was this boss so damn easy ? I had an harder time figuring out the Depths layout than killing it. The whole fight, I simply waited for him to charge at my general direction with the speed of a grandma before running to the side and hitting his tail (shame I didn't cut it, I guess I was aiming too much at the base of it?), 3 or 4 times before running off. And he never evolved his pattern except one or two times.
>>
Because it's the 3rd boss? And it's the players first time fighting any enemy that large?
>>
>>320409823
wow dude ur so good
>>
So it's possible to cock wrangle it
>>
>>320409823
Have fun in Blighttown
>>
>>320409990
It's the fourth actually. Not counting the Asylum Demon and the Drake, there's Taurus, the Gargoyles, and the Capra Demon.
>>
>>320409990
>3rd boss
Asylum, Taurus, Gargoyles, Capra
>>
File: Well I've got brain problems.jpg (11 KB, 255x172) Image search: [Google]
Well I've got brain problems.jpg
11 KB, 255x172
>>320410173
OP Here. I died on the first enemy because it pushed me out of the ledge. I guess I'll call it a day now.
>>
>>320409823
I died maybe 3 times. The first time was not knowing what to watch out for, the second time was being impatient, and the last I ran toward him and touched the stump of his tail as he was charging and it did at least 75% of my health.
>>
>>320410252
Where do I find the Gargoyles? I'm in Blight town already and I haven't fought em yet.
>>
>>320410706
Undead Parish. Pass the bridge with the Drake on it right after the Taurus Demon, climb on top of the church. You gotta get past them to ring the Bell of Awakening.
>>
>>320410706
wut

you know where you got the key that let you go to the lower undead burg where the capra demon is? there was a church by that key. if you go to the roof of the church there are gargoyles guarding the first bell of awakening
>>
>>320409823
Only ever lost to this boss on NG+, where a well-times trample took my entire health bar in one fell swoop. Makes sense that it's so easy to me, because of how early on it is, but it's a shame that they wasted such a cool design on such a pushover.

Only one boss in Dark Souls 1 that I've never lost to, even on NG+. Capra Demon.
>>
>>320410924
Damn, Capra pushed my shit until I stopped trying to use my shield and took out both his dogs in one hit each. Afterward you can just bait him on the right of the stairs, climb them while he's busy filling the paperworks for his 5-weeks long attack, and pierce him from above.
>>
>>320410837
Yeah but what do I do about the Drake? Does he still one shot me?

>>320410863
wat? Can you give me a visual? I can't remember. what else is nearby?
>>
The Gaping dragon is the best example of a frightening but easy boss. I remember seeing him and getting quite impressed with his design/appearance and because of that I fought him with extreme caution. Little did I know that he was the easiest boss in the game, right next to the Asylum Demon. The Hydra is another enemy in Dark Souls that's more frightening than difficult.

Also, just so you know, the Depths, like my other places in Dark souls, is a opcional area.
>>
What's wrong with an easy boss? Quelaag's pretty easy as well, but she has a good moveset and is fun. Conversely Bed of Chaos is hard and tedious.
>>
File: 1429742455631.jpg (36 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1429742455631.jpg
36 KB, 479x492
>>320410924
>he lost to pinwheel
>>
>>320411390
I did indeed. First time going through NG+, Pinwheel got off a single attack on me that killed me instantly.
>>
>>320411364
every boss in dark souls is pretty easy but i wouldn't say quelaag is on the easier side
>>
>>320409823
You can encounter it early into the game, it can be buffed by the channeller if you don't kill it and also, different builds. That's why you can buy crystal weapons at the merchant just before the boss - so low DPS builds have a chance.
>>
>>320411364
Not him and nothing wrong with a easy boss. Some of the best bosses in the Souls series are actually easy ones(Sif, Priscilla, Storm King, False Idol, Gwyn etc), but I'd say that Gaping Dragon is a pretty disappointing fighting regardless. It sucks that a boss with such a cool design is pathetically easy.
>>
>>320411107
>Yeah but what do I do about the Drake? Does he still one shot me?
You either simply go under the bridge (get to the tower that the Taurus Demon jumped from when he attacked you), get down until you find a ladder you can kick to access the Undead Burg Bonfire as a shortcut). and avoid it altogether.

Or you simply peek your head at the bridge from the stairs to trigger its first flame attack (immediatly retreat in the stairs to not get burned), then rush to the other covered side of the bridge. Wait about 30 seconds and the Drake'll land in the bridge. Rush past him as soon as this animation starts and sprint until you reach the bonfire under where he was nesting. Then open the door next to it and follow through.
>>
>>320411469
>every boss in dark souls is pretty easy
I'm not one of those guys who think that ''OMG DKS IS THE MOST DIFFICULT GAME EVER'', but I'd say that the areas and bosses are very difficult compared to what we normally find in games of similar fame and budget.
>>
because most shitstains were still using the drake sword at that time. you get the ember right before that boss and can push pretty much any weapon to +5 or +6 doing way more damage than the drake. but everyones an idiot and didn't understand scaling so they thought 200 damage was great the entire time.
>>
>>320411689
Speaking of build, I have a +6 big sword (forgot the name, farmed titanite to upgrade it with Aster) and a Balder Shield, also +5. Is this good ? I'm wearing the leather armor I found in Lower Undead Burg.
>>
File: 1436985426220.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1436985426220.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>>320411084
>climb them while he's busy filling the paperworks for his 5-weeks long attack
>>
>>320411940
I'd advice you to play the game instead of asking for tips here. One of the best things about souls games is figuring things on your own without hand holding.

As for your weapon, it depends on your stats and lvl. And it also depends on what type of playstyle you prefer. Do you like fast weapons, or weapons that are slow but deal great damage?Do you like spears or big swords?Rapiers or Katanas?It is up to you to decide, depending on your preferences.
>>
i really hope they release a Demon's/dark souls remastered set for ps4
>>
>>320412524
Knowledge about the game is something that actually counts more than skill in Dark Souls, which is pretty interesting. Many people get rekt in the game because they don't know shit about how it works and how to use the mechanics in their favor.

That's why I'll never understand guide readers. They are literally taking away the fun of figuring things out just so that they can beat the game faster.
>>
>>320412834
meant to >>320411921
>>
>>320411782
I already did the first part but damn didn't know you could get through that.
>>
One of the first times I saw Dark Souls gameplay, it was of a guy fighting the Gaping Dragon.

It looked terrifying and difficult. Turned out Gaping Dragon was one of if not the easiest boss in the game, because his moves are super, super easy to avoid. Beat him on my first try.

Though I've probably died a cumulative 40+ times to Drake and Josh, factoring my SL1 runs.
>>
>>320409823
Because his moves can be telegraphed pretty easily. It takes at least 3 seconds for him to attack and then he sits still for 8 seconds tops.
>>
>>320409823
Depending on wich way you go, this could be the first boss in the entire game (after the asylum demon) - no need for it te be hard!
>>
>>320413256
I meant 2nd boss
>>
>>320409823
It is, his size and looks are just for show and his attacks are telegraphed a mile away. The only real thing you should watch out for is that vomit attack which has a pretty big AOE
>>
>>320413256
You could say the same thing about Sif, Taurus Demon, Gargoyles, Capra Demon and Queelag. And all those are much more difficult than the Gaping Dragon.
>>
Am I the only one who was massively stuck on the Gaping Dragon?
Srsly his walking animation killed me more than once.
>>
>>320412193
>Look mom I posted it again
>>
>>320414629
Why would you even go near it ?
>>
>>320412524
I hope not
I just sold my Ps4
>>
>>320409823
because it was originally supposed to be played in pitch back darkness like it showed in the initial trailer but they scraped that without changing the AI of the boss
>>
Amygdala in BB reminds me of the Gaping Dragon. A very cool design and huge anticipation before the fight just to find out that it's nearly the easiest boss in the game. I think From likes doing this
>>
>>320409823
>I guess I was aiming too much at the base of it?
Yup
>>
>>320414893
To ...kill him?
>>
>>320409823
>And he never evolved his pattern except one or two times.
Weird.

Whenever I fight him, he usually varies his moveset like any other boss
>>
>>320415393
He does basically nothing except the charge attack if you stand right in front of him and stay far away
>>
>>320415520
I've seen him either do that, the spew attack, or just walk towards you to try a closeup move. The charge attack is more predictable if you're right up close to him and he just changed form.
>>
>>320410173
God fuck Blighttown. Fucking place makes my fps drop below 15.
>>
>>320409823
I thought he was pretty hard my first time fighting him. Even made the mistake of summoning Lautrec and Solaire.
He's a cakewalk now though.
>>
>>320415892
Should have played on PC.
>>
>>320409823
Good job, you beat the boss that scared the shit out of me.
>>
File: laughing asian.gif (499 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
laughing asian.gif
499 KB, 400x278
>>320416072
Should have played the unoptimized port that needs a bootleg patch to be playable?
>>
>>320416061
Pretty sure you can't summon Lautrec for that fight, just the Gargoyles. I have heard summoning Solaire is pointless though. Pretty sure I did it and it worked ok though, he still draws agro which is pretty much the most important thing for a summon.
>>
>>320416342
Yeah, because spending 10 minutes optimizing something to get better graphics and better performance is worse than playing a game that drops to 20-15 FPS in some areas, just because you don't want to download a fix. You are right.
>>
>>320416072
I'm playing on pc tho. Not a really strong pc but it can at least run the game at a constant 20 or slightly higher fps everywhere else I've been so far.
>>
>>320416342
Yes. That bootleg patch makes it objectively the best version.
>>
>>320416415
You can. He's on the other side of the pillar from where Solaire is. http://darksouls.wikidot.com/gaping-dragon

Summoning either of them is pointless because they pump the bosses health up drastically and then don't deal enough damage to make up for it.
>>
Most bosses were easier than reaching them.
>>
>>320416628
Really?I thought that any toaster could run Dark Souls at 60 FPS. What's your GPU?
>>
>>320416342

yes, a patch that can easily be found and installed in less than a minute, making the game run more fluidly than all other versions combined. Sorry you can't patch your ver. bruh.
>>
>>320411689
The Channeler can buff Gappers? I only ever had him shoot at me like a dumb dick if I didn't kill him.
>>
>>320416692
Fair enough, never knew that. But I think doubling the boss' health is a fair tradeoff for essentially becoming invisible to him.
>>
File: Artorias.jpg (213 KB, 1192x819) Image search: [Google]
Artorias.jpg
213 KB, 1192x819
>>320412924
>skipping gargoyle souls on first playthrough
>goes straight to blighttown
>stays positive and sticks with the game
You are a role model
>>
>>320415334
Go around the back
>>320416628
Wow, I thought my PC was bad. I can run most areas around 60-50.
>>
>>320411903
>but I'd say that the areas and bosses are very difficult compared to what we normally find in games of similar fame and budget.
Well, you have to be more patient and strategic than not at all, so I wouldn't say that means much.
>>
>>320416839
Nvidia GeForce GT 610.

I don't know much about computers but I think my father said after buying the pc that he looked for the cheapest one he could get.
>>
>>320417550
>>
>>320417184
Patience is key I suppose.
>>
>>320417550
what are your DSFix settings
>>
>>320417447
Well, difficulty is a extremely subjective thing. So what's hard and what's easy will differentiate from person to person. The best way to know if something is hard or not is to see the majority's opinion and/or common knowledge, and by that method I'd say that Dark Souls is definitely difficult.

It isn't the most difficult game in existence as people like to imply, but it is a game that really punishes you for your mistakes and that will reward patience and careful thinking, which is more than I can say about 90% of games to these days. Another great thing about Dark Souls is that the difficult is built within the game, meaning that you can make the game easier or harder by taking decisions when you are playing, and not by choosing some retarded options at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>320417184
I'd agree with that if this thread didn't exist. Asking for tips and chatting about the game in the internet before beating it is one of the best formulas to ruin your experience.
>>
>>320409823

This is JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Souls games was all I had access to as a child in terms of fantasy I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, the Souls franchise looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>320416847
dsfix is good. I like never noticing a frame drop, though I hate how you can get stuck at the bonfire. that's one thing I wish they could fix somehow
>>
File: 20110610_hyuna_moustache.jpg (93 KB, 450x397) Image search: [Google]
20110610_hyuna_moustache.jpg
93 KB, 450x397
>>320418756
>>
>>320418756
Guaranteed replies.
>>
>>320418756
>Brags about being anime fan
>Mentions a bunch of entry-level shit
baka desu
>>
>>320415892
You don't know what its like on a shit PC pal.

Around 3 frames a second.I wish I was kiding, but no, I played through it for 1 hour like that. Looking away from the screen, I swear my vision blurred to shit, and reached 1k fps with motion blur on.
>>
File: 1445007730222.png (6 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
1445007730222.png
6 KB, 390x470
>tfw famous league of legends streamer gets recommended DS1 by the chat
>buys it and starts
>15 min in he already had trouble with the water, steps and either almost dies or dies to the retarded hollows at the beginning
>doesn't even reach the demon and he already quit the game

He came back to it days later on and beat it but damn

I bet he wasn't the only retard that had that kind of touble at first
>>
>>320418305
All I did was unlocking the framerate and changing the language.
>>
>>320409823
holy SHIT op
You are like some kind of god or something...
How did you figure out it's patterns like that?
Guys I hate to say it but I think we have a god in our presence.
>>
>>320419157
Why would you do that. The only thing I've ever played at such low framerate was The Evil Within at 5 fps and quit one minute in.
>>
>>320418756
What a waste of your time. Nobodies going to read your post past the first sentence.
>>
>>320419157
From what museum did you bought your video card?
>>
File: DaVr5Sz.jpg (932 KB, 2516x2153) Image search: [Google]
DaVr5Sz.jpg
932 KB, 2516x2153
>>320418704
You have a point. For example, ash lake was spoiled for me. However, it's not necessarily a constant recipe for disaster. I think sharing your experience with someone, receiving help from others(comfy feeling etc.) and the opportunity to take part in a community is super important for keeping some people engaged and to get the most out of the game for some. A closed experience is not always the best, subjectively speaking.
This applies to summoning as well.
>>
>>320419787
intel HD, its the standard for the typical 300-400 bucks PC.
>>320419547
Hey, PC was shit back then, what can ya do, had nothing else better to play, and the rest of the game played half decently at a steady 15-30 fps, long as it doesn't feel like shit, ill play it, ain't picky or rich, ya get used to it.
>>
>>320419178
lower the internal resolution, but not display width / height, I managed to run the game with 40-50 frames on ancient rig that way
>>
>>320419921
I think that it depends on the game. Personally, I prefer to start games without knowing nothing about them beforehand and to only read wikis or discuss about after beating it, but that's just me.

In the case of Dark Souls, I think that discovering things on your own is much more rewarding due to the lack of hand holding and general feeling that the game has. Also because I think that closed/blind playthroughs are better for your immersion and that the game was meant to be played like that.
>>
>>320419162
I only died at the beginning because I didn't care to read the tip about the plunging attack. People more and more are becoming too impatient.
>>
>>320420603
I'm gonna mess around a bit with that then. Thanks.
>>
>>320409823
honestly the imposing nature of the boss is what fucked me up I think, med me overcompensate for its attacks when he was winding up instead of just keeping it cool and figuring out his pattern.
>>
>>320420603
Where in the options do I find internal resolution?
>>
File: graphic options.png (9 KB, 460x268) Image search: [Google]
graphic options.png
9 KB, 460x268
>>320422592
>>
>>320420603
I have internal Resolution on 1080/720 Not sure I would downscale it much more. Maybe I could put it lower or something and then just play it on my tv. What are your settings?

# internal rendering resolution of the game
# higher values will decrease performance
renderWidth 1080
renderHeight 720

I presume this I would lower^

# The display width/height
# 0 means use the same resolution as renderWidth/Height
# (use for downscaling - if in doubt, leave at 0)
presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0

And set this to 720?^
>>
File: das roll.jpg (254 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
das roll.jpg
254 KB, 1280x800
>>320420948
yeah, some of the greatest things in Dark Souls are dulled if you don't play blind first NG.
we could discuss how some people might end up putting the game down due to lack of help, but that surrendering the dark souls "mantra" to make them pick it up again/keep playing would take away the purity in it and in a way affect the entire game and its community and I don't know how or when to end possibly perpetuating discussion but you're a cool guy and I agree with you completely
>>
>>320423539
i was gonna make a bloodborne styled speedster dexqueer in my next playthrough but...
>>
>>320423539
Rolling I GUESS
>>
>>320409823
This boss fucked my ass harder than anything in the game besides O&S

First time through I didn't kill the channeler and the only weapon I had upgraded was the bandit knife
>>
>>320423539
Rolling wheels.
>>
File: 0zCPLAV.jpg (39 KB, 474x296) Image search: [Google]
0zCPLAV.jpg
39 KB, 474x296
>>320423539
roll
>>
File: it hurts fam.png (60 KB, 173x130) Image search: [Google]
it hurts fam.png
60 KB, 173x130
>>320423872
I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy
>>
>>320423539
I really can't imagine using this rollsheet. Weapon type is sensible enough, but starting class when it does so little to the game other than make your build unoptimal if you pick the wrong one. I also can't really imagine a build utilising both melee and magic unless you are heavily focusing on magic or just want to use power within or something. Covenant and Gifts have no large effect, except the Master Key letting you take absurd routes.
>>
File: 1450148949214.png (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450148949214.png
95 KB, 600x600
>>320409823
>>
>>320423539
roll
>>
>>320416839
Its not gpu dependant its cpu
>>
>>320423628
>hammers

is bleed buildup any good in PvE? was considering the morning star or reinforced club.
>>
File: shittygif.gif (159 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
shittygif.gif
159 KB, 1890x1417
>>320425029
>can't imagine a build utilizing both melee and magic
>not rocking a balanced STR-FTH build
>not swinging +15 portable nuke with high str scaling sunlight-buffed with high fth
also these builds aren't meant to be viable at all, they're supposed to be stupid (and thus, fun!)
>>
>>320410706
>getting the Master Key on your first playthrough
>>
File: 1358776343238.jpg (38 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1358776343238.jpg
38 KB, 621x621
I had issues fighting him; died about a dozen times before my first clear, but there was apparently a fix to his AI and damage early after the original PS3/360 release.

Used to be that he would spam his tail slap attack without any cooldown, and getting within melee range would frequently and repeatedly cause him to either charge away from the player to the opposite end of the arena; or to use his jump attack, intended to punish people attacking from/healing at range, giving you no time to dodge. Also it was extremely rare that he'd use his corrosive vomit attack (besides upon death).
>>
>>320423539

roll
>>
>>320423539
Let's do this
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 1033x1519) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 1033x1519
>>320425887
I bet you chose firebombs, plebeian
>>
once you get past the intimidation of his size & design, you realize how predictable the pattern is. like every soul enemy ever. often times it's not the fight itself that makes the boss uneasy, but knowledge of the trek back should you fail.
>>
>>320427382

free great demon's hammer, what's not to like?
>>
>>320427382
>tfw chose binoculars

I will never know why.
>>
>>320410186
Do you need to kill the Gargoyles to reach this? I didn't think you do.
>>
>>320425053
kot blini roll
>>
>>320427716
Not him, but is it worth the stat reqs? Always wanted to try it out
>>
>>320427382
>not punching the Asylum Demon to death with your fists
It's actually not even that hard.
>>
>>320428012
Literally the only boss you need to beat before Gaping (and ignoring Asylum) is Capra. Likewise, Gaping could be the very last boss you fight in the game, ignoring Gwyn.
>>
File: 1434764257054.png (223 KB, 942x669) Image search: [Google]
1434764257054.png
223 KB, 942x669
>beat him 1st try on melee build
>died 4 times on magic build, 2nd playthrough
>>
>>320412524
A revitalized DeS/DaS community would be fucking amazing. 10/10, would twink the shit out of for salty tears.
>>
>>320414629
Nope I struggled against him too.
Then I learned to cheese him and he became of of the easiest boss in the game. But I'm glad I struggled because his design is rad as fuck, and being afraid of his mighty blow was cool.
>>
>>320428231
Yeah Gaping I fought after I killed every other boss
>>
>>320427382
>>320427716
>not choosing the witch ring and talking to the only Dark Souls NPC I would willingly abandon the dark wraiths for and give all my humanity to.
>>
What is the funnest weapon to use in Dark Souls and why is it the Dragon great axe?
>>
>>320428345
You fuckers better be online in 3
>>
>It catches me
>Bring me to its mouth
>"Fuck, I didn't even memorize how I got here"
>Gently lick my ear and put me down with a pat on the back.

That was underwhelming.
>>
>>320423539
Roling
>>
>>320417550
>Geforce GT 610
>610
>10
Ouch...
>>
>>320418756

If this isn't pasta, it is now, guaranteed.
>>
>>320428751
You spelled moonlight greatsword wrong
>>
>>320428807
>implying twinking will ever be in a From game again since DaS 2 and BB
>>
>>320423539
>binoculars
>you know damn well why

...why?
>>
>>320428961
>Using From Software's Lightning
>>
>>320428961
I wonder how it is in BB
>>
>>320428751
I need to play with more unique weapons. So far, I've only ever used the Claymore, Zweihander, and the Lifehunt Scythe.
>>
>>320429151
Elaborate
>>
>>320423539
okay
>>
>>320429301
Victor?
>>
>>320429301
Boring as shit anon.
Kill everything with ornsteins spear R2 alone
>>
File: centipede-eats-lizard.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
centipede-eats-lizard.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>320409823
Too slow.

His entire schtick depends on his ramming you and his vomit spill, everything else is just pathetically easy to avoid.

This fighting style dependent on ramming + his size + the size of his arena means that he can't really move around a lot which leaves him completely vulnerable to attack for large intervals with no risk of getting hit.

My recommendation would've been to shrink him down by a fourth or half and up his speed to compensate. Then, turn his regular ramming charge into an unending attack where he continues to maneuver around you quickly trying to charge you, this attack only comes to an end after he hits you, or when you bait him into crashing against a wall/pillar, after which you you can wail on his confused head like you do in the game.

But basically, he's too slow to be a good fight and you can only die if you get arrogant and try to get too many hits on him. Damn shame since he's got a good design about him.
>>
did you try getting the tail?
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>320428964
>he wants twinking
>>
>>320430163
Damn right I do, funnest part of DS
>>
File: 1423536520513.jpg (960 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
1423536520513.jpg
960 KB, 1240x1754
>>320429301
I've done Zweihander, some kind of spear I forget which (though this was mainly to compliment lightning spear spam), and gotten half way through on a falchion, a regular longsword, magic, and a hacked in cursed Arty greatsword for a cosplay run (though didn't have the stats for it until the depths).
>>
>>320425887

I chose pendant because I believed the lies
>>
>>320430261
Why would the most fun be giving yourself a huge advantage in pvp?
>>
>>320430367
Abyss greatsword is best Artorias sword.
>that R2 and 2h R2
>>
>>320425020
>>320423872
you mean to tell me the channeler can actually fucking buff the boss
>>
>>320430467
I enjoy angry, poorly spelled messages from all the people my mom has had sex with.
>>
>>320430542

Yup, you even see the huge aura around him when he's buffed
>>
>>320409823
>>320430367
>>320429301
any of you guys have a good dex build, I just got to anor londo and havent invested alot fo souls but it seems even with good scaling dex weapons im not doing shit for damage, that or I forgot the level you should be for whatever area, Im like 32 at anor now
>>
File: 1423536184110.png (80 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1423536184110.png
80 KB, 600x500
>>320430487
I'm too dense to pick based on movesets. I picked it because abyss only outdamages it at 7+ humanity. Use it on my PvP Arty though.
Don;t really like the super slow R2 moves but they're growing on me, devastating if you time it right.
>>
>>320430751
Uchi or gold tracer
Silver tracer for crits
Greatscythe for slow but powerful
Washing pole for compensation
>>
>>320430781
They're mainly great for not only looking and feeling amazing, but humiliating someone for actually getting hit with it. Same with the black knight greatswords R2
>>
>>320430751

+15 Uchi.

People go Chaos or Lightning, but I prefer the max regular uchi so can still buff it with fire or lightning if needed.

The tracers are great, too.
>>
>>320430751
dex wrecks in ds1. it scaled just as good as strength in dark souls 1 but because of its speed it pretty much always trumps an ultra weapon in PvP. Katana is always a solid pick but great scythe can cut people down from a mile away.

If only DS1 didn't have the worst lag in the world during PvP it would be amazing and I'd probably still play it.
>>
>>320431141
>lightning
it scales with dex doesnt it

and chaos scales with humanity count...its been a while here
>>
>>320429503
I wanted to try one of the whip weapons because I mained the Threaded Cane in BB and it was really fun.
>>
>>320431595
The PvP would be ridiculously improved without backstabs. Backstab fucking and lagstabs just ruin any fight. 1 hit crits, if they should be in the game, should be reserved for parrying, which actually takes effort to achieve and comes with risk.

>>320431772
Chaos scales up to 10 humanity, lightning doesn't scale with anything.
>>
>>320431595
I found out recently that due to the way the damage calc works, frequent weak hits isn't actually that good, because doubling your attack rating actually triples the damage done etc etc. That said if you can do enough poise damage you're probably ok. Doubt it'll work against a Havel though.
I need to play PvP more
>>
>tfw consolepleb
>tfw blighttown
>tfw the fps drop was practically nonexistent

Guess I'm just lucky?
>>
>>320431976
speaking of poise is the mail breaker and other rapiers worth trying out for pvp or are they severely underused for a reasonsouls li
>>
>>320432570
It's not as bad as people make it seem but it's definitely noticeable at some parts. Especially the rickety bridge part. It was pretty much the same amount of FPS drop you'd get in other areas though.

This is coming from a PStriple owner anyway.
>>
File: 1449651620298.jpg (448 KB, 2309x2309) Image search: [Google]
1449651620298.jpg
448 KB, 2309x2309
>>320432570
It's a meme, the FPS drop in BT is annoying, not gamebreaking. It caused me a problem with visibility a few times, but nothing too horrible. It's only an issue when it gets to the point that your inputs are delayed so you slide off something to your death.
>>
>>320434149
>that pic

I'm feeling a little tingly.
>>
File: 1449850430145.png (264 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1449850430145.png
264 KB, 540x429
>want to engage in some jolly co-op
>game is fucking deader than competetive Quake

Oh well...
>>
>>320434874
I put my summon sign outside Iron Golem for an hr and nothing

I just wanna join the sunlight covenant for the gesture
>>
>>320423539
roll
>>
>>320423539
niggers
>>
>>320434676
KRPSHHHHH
>>
>>320434874
>want to defend n00bs in the Burg, help with the bells or Sen's
>physically ill of anything that can be assembled in less than SL60

Had a SL28 Gwyndolin cosplay with crystal catalyst and moonlight greatsword that got lost to save corruption, but fuck me if I'm ever going to make that again.
>>
Gaping Dragon exists solely to teach new players that locking on isn't always a good idea. If you lock onto him he's a lot harder than if you fight him unlocked, and his moves constantly break your lock-on anyway.
>>
>>320435828
Why would anyone summon you for IG? He's in competition for the easiest boss in the game, and if you can't be bothered Tarkus will solo him for you. Go put your sign at the entrance, maybe someone will summon you in for mop-up operations in the basement.
>>
>>320436913
Only for the first couple times.
>>
Is there a way to have 60fps and not screw up jumping distance? It seems like it's impossible to make certain jumps like this so it's really messing up my playthrough.
>>
>>320409823
This guy takes way too long to kill.
>>
>>320423539
lets do this.
>>
>>320423539
rolling u idiot
>>
>>320438638
idk used to be the fastest spot for summons for me atleast

now im on O&S right now and idk what happened but now ornstein bugs the fuck out and does his dash than stop randomly and shows a standing animation

suddenly teleports next to me and spikes me

idk when this happened but im not a fan
>>
>>320423539
rollll
>>
>>320420948

>dat feel when playing a Souls game blind for the first time and finally finding a weapon that you actually love rather than just tolerate
>>
What's the purpose of covenants?
>>
>>320425887
Master key? I definitely don't have that.
>>
File: monster hunter 3 ultimate.jpg (843 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
monster hunter 3 ultimate.jpg
843 KB, 1920x1080
Because DS/BB bosses in general have no depth. They just spam one or two different attacks endlessly.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.