[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Unreal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Unreal.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
Unreal.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1440
What are your thoughts on Unreal?
>>
It was real
>>
Better than Half-Life
>>
not as good as half-life

which is a shame, because now it's been completely forgotten and replaced by UT; it deserves better
>>
What is /V/'s obsession with old games?
>>
I liked to pacing and environments, plus the pseudo - adventure game feel from the Translator.
>>
>>320406329
fuck you, underageb&. Your precious CoD wouldn't even exist today without games like Unreal.
>>
I never played it, or Half-Life.

I just played Doom and Counter-Strike
>>
so much fun it's unreal
>>
>>320406531
First of all, I don't play CoD.

Second of all, Unreal and CoD are two different franchises, so Unreal existing or not has no effect on CoD's existence.
>>
>>320406791
hahahahHHAHHAH

this is what kiddies ACTUALLY BELIEVE
>>
>>320407134
Says the anon who types like a child.
>>
>>320406791
all of the COD games are based on a modified Unreal engine

without unreal, there would be no COD
>>
>>320407134
fuck off false flagger. do you really think unreal started fps games or some shit? it didn't even popularize multiplayer
>>
>>320407134
>>320406531
Quit trying to sound like an old and wise "gamer". (fucking hate that word) I grew up with Unreal, Call of Duty is simply the same genre.
>>
>>320407248
they are based on idtech3
>>
>>320405564
Unreal Tournament 2004 is one of the best multiplayer games I have ever played.

Back when it was in it's prime
>>
>>320407248
But the CoD games run on a modified Quake III engine.
>>
>>320406791
They use the same engine, but you're correct half life is more responsible for cinematic fps games then unreal. Besides call of duty had a couple good world war 2 games then jumped on the modern war train right at its explosion in popularity.
>>
>>320407248
lol
they all use quake engines
you can thank id software for creating cod
>>
>>320407441
it created the 'modern war' train you faggot
>>
>>320408197
No, it was the first major modern war game with massive appeal jumping off an already popular franchise. Plenty of modern war games before, just not from super popular franchises, or are we gonna ignore all the ghost recons, rainbow six, and conflict games? Don't forget about battlefield 2.
>>
>>320407257
>fuck off false flagger

This kind of posting only has an effect if you let yourself assume everyone that appears to like x thing are all the same.

It's bad practice to have such assumptions.
>>
>>320405564
I like the Unreal Engine, yes.
>>
>>320405564
I replay the campaign atleast once in a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In86nq40yxY

Great writing, great weapons, great exploration and level design and intelligent enemies. Awesome soundtrack. Perfect.
>>
>>320408791
those games didn't start the modern war trend though faggot. are you really going to try and lie and say rainbow six and enemy territories inspired the current modern war games? or was it modern warfare?
>>
>>320409008
what does your post have to do with my own? i know threads like this die fast, i want unreal to be loved by others too, but it doesn't have to be off shitpost support so you can stop now.
>>
>>320409535
There is no reason to call out supposed false flaggers as it's just any other anon shitposting. There is no harm to be made towards unreal or those who like it when one person pretends, or not, to like something and then tries to make that group look stupid with fanboyism. Or are you trying to educate the feeble minded?
>>
>>320407257
Your stupid fucking ass doesn't even understand what false flagging is
>>
>>320405564
Absolutely beautiful. It had it's annoying parts but the game was amazing. I should replay it + its exp. pack some day.

>>320406531
Apples and Oranges.
>>
>>320409379
Those games largely influenced the push, their never would of been a modern warfare game If it wasn't for a showing increase in consumer interest.
>>
>>320407441
>They use the same engine
No they don't, you big faggot. Even wikipedia can tell you that.
>>
>>320409796
>>320410270
>haha im a tr00 arena shooter fan and everyone who doesn't think like me is a kid who plays call of duty >:)
that is false flagging, you two are the retards
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.