[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ tells me that DaS2 DLC is great and that it has corrected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 16
File: guide_screen_ds2.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
>/v/ tells me that DaS2 DLC is great and that it has corrected the main games flaws
>buy DaS2 SotFS
>it's like I'm playing in slow motion compared to Bloodborne
>shit enemy design, shit level design, shit bosses, the worst hitboxes in any video game ever, shit everything
>force myself through the shitty game just to get to the dlc
>reach the DLC
>gank squads eveywhere
>most enemies have some kind of elemental damage that will effect you just be being close to them
>boring enemies that have massive amount of hp
>reach the boss
>it's a gank squad
DROPPED

I can't believe this game was made by the same studio that made Bloodborne.
Is it possible for From Software to make a good game without Japan Studio's help?
>>
>>320399962
It was made by the B team I think. Obviously all the A players were busy with Bloodborne
>>
>>320399962

so much bait i cant even reply to it all. nice shitpost tactic, noted for future shitposting
>>
File: b8 (2).png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
b8 (2).png
80 KB, 500x501
>>320399962

4/10 thats the best i can do...but you have potential.
>>
>>320400304
>can't argue with facts
>le you're le just le shitposting
>>
I am entirely convinced that anyone who says the DLC was good was just starved for Souls content.

It's the exact same shit they complain about in the base game.
Annoying archers, ridiculous enemy poise, more enemy mobs than anywhere else, it goes on.
>>
>>320400654
>It's the exact same shit they complain about in the base game
It's not.
It's way worse.
>>
>>320399962
DaS 2 is the ultimate git gud game of the Souls series.
It exists solely to weed out retards like you.
>>
>>320399962
>buy DaS2 SotFS
aaaand that's where you fucked up
>>
>/v/ tells me DaS2 DLC is great an that it has corrected the main flaws

what, when was that ever a thing on /v/?

ds2 is at least fun despite all the flaws, but the dlcs were utter shit except the fume knight and maybe the ivory king (not the gankers before him).
>>
>>320400949
The fuck are you talking about?
I have already plat's the game on PS3. It's the second easiest Souls game after DeS.
I just can't return to play DaS2 after Bloodborne. DaS is fucking terrable compared to the other Souls game.
>>
>>320401290
>I have already plat's the game on PS3.
There's your problem. Souls suck ass on consoles. DaS 2 SotFS was good.

What >>320400949 Said.

I have no idea why anyone replied. Just let the dumbfuck thread slide to the archive.
>>
>>320401070
I've always heard good things about the dlc actually, this is the first thread I've seen where the general consensus was that they were shit.
>>
>>320402313
>Souls suck ass on consoles. DaS 2 SotFS was good.
Well meme'd friend.
60fps doesn't fix the shitty hitboxes.
60fps doesn't fix a shitty game.

>What >>320400949 Said.
>Dark Souls
>hard
Literally the easiest Souls game. Healing items everywhere, enemies stop respawning, and you can reallocate levels anytime.
SOTFS makes it even easier by making it possible to summon THREE phantoms.
>>
>>320399962
>it's like I'm playing in slow motion compared to Bloodborne

I had the exact same thought actually, going back to DaS1 was fine, but DaS2 seriously looked, and still looks like it plays at 0.5x speed now
>>
>>320402778
Look, "friend", I get it. You like Bloodborne better which is basically not even a Souls game. Why should I care about your opinion on Souls? Go play DMC or something.

Doesn't matter if it's hard in reality. If you had problems with the game like gank squads, elemental damage, hp, slowness then you just suck at the game. Nothing to discuss really.
>>
>>320399962
>Is it possible for From Software to make a good game without Japan Studio's help?
Well Dark Souls is their best game, so yes.
>>
>>320403524
>goes to complete shit after bigtits
no
>>
>>320403359
Are you implying that Bloodborne is closer to DMC than it is to Souls games or somehing ? Because that'd be pretty retarded
>>
>>320401070
>what, when was that ever a thing on /v/?
pretty much in every single das2 thread
>>
>>320403639
Except it doesn't. It's got a pacing issue so it climaxes in AL, and the first half is better in general, but the only bad final area is Demon's Ruins/Izalith.
>>
>>320403359

>basically not even a souls game

Not him but Bloodborne is very similar to Demon's Souls in several aspects, more so than DaS II, which is disconnect from both DeS and DaS . Since DeS is the original Souls game, it's pretty stupid to say BB somehow isn't a true Souls game
>>
>>320403743
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>320403524
>Well Dark Souls is their best game, so yes.
Demon's Souls is their best game. Dark Souls is good until you reach the second half.
>>
>>320399962
My biggest gripe about the dlc is how obviously they just reskinned the same big mclargehuge man as the basic enemy for each dlc. Big mclargehuge poison man. Big mclargehuge ice man. Big mclargehuge dual wielding jumping axe man
>>
>>320404008

What's even more annoying is the obnoxious amounts of poise they have, and elemental resistances too.
>>
>>320402313
>A game you need to play with a controller
>playing at 60fps still causes gamebreaker bugs
>playerbase is filled with CE using invincible metashitters
>somehow better on PC

The mind of the Master Race, everyone. They will literally eat human shit if it's ported to their shitty forgotten platform months after everyone else has already finished playing it.

PCuks claim that BB is shit and they never really wanted it anyways (contrary to over 40,000 buttblasted petitioners) but if in some bizarro universe it's announced as a PC port (or, more likely, if some fake article from March is posted stating such) PCfats will cry out in joy at their great victory, thanking everyone for beta testing their new GOTY, and furiously masturbating over their own superior taste in video games.

As it stands, they're never getting Bloodborne, so PC mustard stains are forced to trick themselves into believing that DaS2 isn't shit, that it's actually the bestest best game, because they can ruin it with cheats, and break it with bugs playing at 60fps, all the while using an xbox or ps3 gamepad because keyboard controls on an action rpg are fucking retarded.

At least until Dark Souls 3 comes out a few months after PS4 and XBONE players have 100%'d it and they can claim their new "It's only good on PC! ONLY ON PC!!" GOTY.

PC ucks are literally on suicide watch.
>>
>>320403867
>Bloodborne is very similar to Demon's Souls in several aspects, more so than DaS II, which is disconnect from both DeS and DaS .
What selective thinking as if DaS 2 isn't in "several aspects" similar to Demon's Souls too. Depends which elements you cherry pick. I wouldn't use Demon's Souls as a standard measure in the first place since Dark Souls is the best Souls game.

>>320404003
Nope, DaS > DaS 2 >=DeS
>>
>>320404289
>>playing at 60fps still causes gamebreaker bugs
like what?
>>
>>320404352
>DaS 2 >
This does not compute
>>
File: lud_zallen.png (990 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lud_zallen.png
990 KB, 1920x1080
Dark 2 everybody
>>
>>320404420
God, it just looks like such ass. How did they manage to make it look so bad?
>>
File: Ozma.png (292 KB, 461x462) Image search: [Google]
Ozma.png
292 KB, 461x462
>>320399962
>the game play is slower than a different game
nobody cares how much it is or isn't like a shitty PS exclusive.

>shit design
that's just like, your opinion man

>hitboxes
could improve, but it really didn't matter that much unless you were lagging in a pvp match

>DLC
I thought of it as an end game bonus. Like, secret side stuff you can do, but don't have to. If there was a Dark Souls Ozma, it'd be the DLC content.

>get ganked
get good, m8.
>>
>>320402313
>Souls suck ass on consoles
Unless criteria is the ability to use a a cheat engine, they are literally the same. DaS2 is 1080p 60fps on PS4 and Xbone.
>>
>>320399962
>he believed /v/

serves you right I guess
>>
>>320404352
DeS>BB>DaS>DaS 2 SotFS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS 2

The fact that from had to have a do over with Dark 2 and people actually bought it (me included) is hilarious and sad.
>>
>>320404289
Fuck off, retard. I'm not mustard. If I said it's better on PC then I obviously played it on Consoles too in order to be able to compare. I don't even need to read your shitty post. My opinion is my opinion. I find them much better on PC and I do play them with M+KB even tho I have a controller. I don't care for fps as much as custom resolutions.

Now buzz off.
>>
File: 1449929844247.png (467 KB, 1971x900) Image search: [Google]
1449929844247.png
467 KB, 1971x900
>>320404352
>being this delusional
>>
>>320404289
Dude you are arguing with people that play League of Legends, H1Z1, CS GO and World of Warcraft.
>>
>>320404671
>a do-over
it wasn't though
>>
>>320404492
>It's a snow level!
>It's supposed to look muddy and covered in fog that conveniently hides our shit models/texturtes!
>>
>>320404673
You're gay though
>>
>>320404803
Ah, you're right, they didn't remake anything so it's more like re-releasing the game with some enemy placements shuffled around.
>>
>>320404592
Well that person said PS3 not PS4. No okay I made a mistake. I should have said Souls suck on PS3/Xbox.
>>
>there are people who legitimately don't like the DLC areas
I can understand hating shit like the blue smelter demon area, but the levels are for the most part fantastically designed and all very distinct.
>>
>>320404492
they based the entire engine and art direction around the light engine. After they scraped the lighting in the last minute there're nothing they could do to fix the shit it became.
>>
>>320404956
now if only they had a shred of that creativity when making the game to begin with.
>>
>>320404289
Wait to go and be a shitposter. I shouldn't even have replied.
>>
>>320404914
from what i'm seeing they didn't touch enemy placements, just some random shit.

http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Souls_II:_Scholar_of_the_First_Sin
>>
>>320405032
There are a few great levels in DaS2, like Shrine of Amana. But yeah, I agree.
>>
>>320404810
If fucking you in the ass makes me gay then I'll live with it.
>>
>retards still mad about DaS2 graphics and call it shit because of it
>>
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

Literally every MK character ever in one game.

Why do fighting games need to have single player stories to be good. If they just polished up MK 9, added all the characters we missed, and did different combos, moves, and stances once a few years, we'd be good to go.
>>
DaS2 is actually molasses in video game form idk how anyone can enjoy it after playing BB
>>
>>320404956
My only gripe is -> no furniture.

but that is a mild complaint in the detail design. It is a bigger when you realize the areas don't look "lived in" and are more like video game levels.
>>
>>320405321
You don't even need to play BB, just play DS1 and you can see.
>>
>>320399962
The real challenge of souls games is to figure out that using heavy armor and a shield to turtle your way through is for absolute fucking mongolian turbo retards.
You my child, failed miserably.
>>
>>320404289
>At least until Dark Souls 3 comes out a few months after PS4 and XBONE

Got sauce on that?
>>
>>320405523
I don't think the OP even implied he was using heavy armor and a shield though. Heavy armor is completely useless in DaS2 anyway
>>
>>320405058
No, there was some enemy placement and some item placement plus some re balancing. I wouldn't call it a do over. But them again people have re-released rebalanced fighter games and called them new so Idk.
>>
>>320399962
The lowest bottom of the series. But even close to demon souls, blood borne, or dark sould
>>
Playing DS2 for the first time right now.

I think it's ok except for one thing. Why the fuck are there so many ambushes? The game just throws enemies at you from miles away.
>>
>shit level design
What the fuck are you talking about? The level design is the best of any game in the series so far, with the exception of some DeS levels, and the connections inside the levels are much more logical and well thought out than DaS's random elevators.
>>
>>320405915
Don't get ambushed.
>>
>>320405915
I remember the path leading to the chariot horse thing whipped my ass so many times.

Same with the Iron Keep a little bit, but really just keep arrows/bolts on you at all times, and it helps ten fold.
>>
What's wrong with gank squads?
>>
>>320400949
>DaS 2 is the ultimate meme game
>>
>>320406230
You have to learn to play unlocked, which leads to buttfrustration in some.
>>
>>320406230
They aren't any fun in Dark Souls 2 because the game is too slow and clunky.
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>it's a reddit pretends to hate Dark Souls 2 thread so they can pretend to be cool and edgy

Just fuck off already.
>>
>>320406331
No it really isn't.
The only valid complaint that is posted in these shitposting threads is the level design, which is in some parts really lackluster.
DaS had some pretty lackluster areas as well, namely Demon Ruins and following, but not as much.
All the rest is just basically just retards whining that it's not the exact same game as DaS 1 and refusing to deal with what's different - more enemies, greater reliance on dodging and not being able to rely on lockon all the time.
>>
>>320405991
Don't worry, they'll throw memes at you like LE IRON KEEP IS FLOATING while completely ignoring the game
>>
How many people actually finished the main story in Dark Souls 2?
>>
>>320406617
>opinions I don't agree with are Reddit
>frogposting

Thank you for all the hard work you're doing to make /v/ a shithole.
>>
>>320406671
>not as much.
DaS2 is consistently better than DaS's second half.

You go from Biggy Small's great bossfight to slapping two boars in a row in long featureless corridors, just to enter enemy reskin land
>>
>>320405421
>like video game levels.
yeah, it was fucking weird seeing video game levels in my video game
>>
>>320406671
Bloodborne has everything you said here :
>more enemies, greater reliance on dodging and not being able to rely on lockon all the time
in it, and most people generally don't complain about that when criticizing Bloodborne. I'm sure you realize yourself that the problems people have with this game don't boil down to this
>>
>>320406230

Nothing, they're just DaS babies that somehow picked up the idea that Souls games are about ebin 1v1 fights.
>>
>>320406776
I can agree with you on enemy variety, but I for one actually like the Duke's Archives.
Mind you I'm not saying the level design is awful - the only areas I really dislike are Aldia's Long Corridor and Dragon Shrine, the second just because it never feels like a castle, just a series of walkways. And I guess Heide's for it's linearity.
>>
>>320406909
Quit being obtuse. He's right, it's more akin to mario level design. Even Skyrim felt more alive than DS2.
>>
>>320406909
I knew someone would misunderstand. I meant in the previous games they put a lot more flavor and logic in the level design to make it look natural and like a real place where people lived, designed ambushes and so on. In DaS 2 it was more like generic

"well it's like this because the player character will do this and this even tho no one would create a castle like that or have rooms that serve no purpose."
>>
>>320404289
>A game you need to play with a controller
The fuck?
>>
>>320405058
You're a retard if you've played SotFS on a PS3/Xbox360/PC Direct X9
>>
>>320403359
>How to spot a spot a PC fat who's first souls game was dark souls 2

Bloodborne is more like demon souls not dmc. Shame you started with the worst souls game
>>
>>320405421
>no furniture.
This is a problem with the entire game in general.
>>
>>320406763

This thread is absolute cancer, Reddit.

Fuck off.
>>
>>320407426
It pains me to say it but I'm really starting to believe that DeS and BB only get so much slack cut here because they are precious PS exclusives.
DeS is almost never criticized, even though it has some truly grating issues. I will admit that it has some amazing level design though.
>>
The DaS2 DLC all had different strengths and weaknesses.

Iron Crown had shit enemy/level design, not so interesting lore/plot, but the bosses were fucking amazing.
I was stuck on the Fume knight for so long, but it still had that fairness that whenever I died, it was my fault and not a cheap death.

Ivory Crown had some of the worst bosses and pretty bland enemy/level design, but the atmosphere was pretty good.
The interactive summons made you feel connected to the setting, as did the constantly getting closer to Alsanna made you care for her, the idea behind the Ivory king was pretty baller as well.

Sunken Crown had bad enemies and bosses, but the level design with the elevation, switches, traps and bridges was top tier.

It's like you have these three basic aspects; bosses, design and setting, and they consistently managed to do one great and fuck the other two up, and somehow switch it around for every DLC.
>>
>>320407426
I started with Dark Souls actually, then DeS then DaS2. I also played them on consoles and PC so I'm not really master race. I just can't stand BB shitposters. Like you.

That's for the assumptions tho.
>>
>>320407554
DeS has nostalgia factor, if DaS2 was the first souls game people wouldnt criticize it either. BB is legitimately an exclusive babby. Despite not being on PC its still got the worst fucking fanbase here.
>>
Brume Tower easily has some of the best level design from any Fromsoft game, but the other two DLC levels aren't that great.
>>
>>320405991
>le forest level
>le castle level
>le water ship level
>le Fire castle level

Yeah no. It's the worst in the series. Bland, uninspired and repetitive
>>
>>320407115
>it's more akin to mario level design
So it focuses on having well made, and thematically sound levels that focus on enemy placement and navigating the level?

>>320407254
Yeah, because Anor Londo sure looks lived in.
I too run up giant buttresses whenever I come home from work.

>or have rooms that serve no purpose
Because Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne all make complete sense in their architecture and were definitely lived in, in every sense of the word.

You're almost as bad as the faggots that yell "the lore is shit so game is shit!!!! Vaati said so!!!!!!"
>>
>>320407554
>DeS is almost never criticized, even though it has some truly grating issues.
I more because of nostalgia I'm my opinion. No one is playing it in recent times and just going on found memories. I'm replaying NG+ and I know what you mean. You are right the "precious PS exclusive" has a part to some extent but it's more complicated than that.
>>
>>320407694
>but the level design with the elevation, switches, traps and bridges was top tier.
and it's all invalidated by horrible bonfire placement.
>>
>>320407694
What's wrong with the level design of Iron Crown? You can beat the entire level very comfortably using only the Throne Floor and Foyer bonfires.
>>
>>320407770
>bloodborne is essentially le victorian era design throughout the game
>10/10 goldface.png

>das2 is a wide mix of levels, (albeit illogically linked)
>2/10 not good enough

i just want BB to be ported not to help mustard race out, but to make its shitty fanbase dissappear
>>
>>320407770

I was talking about the DLC but if you want to be a dumbshit then you could argue that about the rest of the series.

Demon's Souls
>le castle level
>le mines level
>le prison level
>le island level
>le shit level

It might blow your mind, but Souls games use a very western setting for a large portion of the game. That's why the basic enemies are generic shit like dogs, zombies, and rats.
>>
>>320407554

I think it's just backlash due to the amount of shitposting BB received before, and even during, its release. Can't speak for DeS, though, but I think it might just be nostalgia.

I definitely agree that both games have their fair share of problems.
>>
>>320407770
>le church level
>le swamp level
>le forest level
>le library level
>le lava level
>le tomb level
i love this meme
>>
>>320407931
It just how it felt to me, man. Hey I love DaS 2 but it lacked that certain atmosphere that can make you immersed in the way that makes you not notice the stuff that don't make sense.
>>
Oh boy opinion time

Base game:
DaS>DaS2>BB>DeS

with DLC:
BB: Old Hunters>DaS2: SotFS>DaS AotA

BB's base game is kinda weak is really short and the variety is lacking but that DLC is way better not in terms of level design really but more on it's weapon / arsenal variety by a large margin. And that ayy lmao arcane build is so much fun in PvP Still I prefer DaS 2 since I primary play with KB+M. Gank squads are not a problem consider not always using the lock-on. Especially in PvP you fucking shitters

Can't wait for DaS3
>>
>>320408001
You could just remove the Priestess' Chamber bonfire, the Lair of the Imperfect bonfire and the Sanctum Nadir bonfire and it would be fine.
>>
>>320407950
I still think it's an amazing game, but my God are there some parts that just piss me off.
And funnily enough I've mostly started noticing them on NG+ as well, played it for the first time some 4 months ago.
As for BB - I can't really say much, still haven't played it. Plan to buy a PS4 sometime next year though, I'm pretty hyped for it.
>>
>>320407931
>So it focuses on having well made, and thematically sound levels that focus on enemy placement and navigating the level?

Still being obtuse anon, keep up. The whole world doesn't feel like anyone has ever lived there. You'll get the same pun every time because of how true it is. Dark Souls 2 has no soul.
>>
>>320408132
I guess that played a part in it.
To be honest the amount of shitflinging from both sides was just absurd.
>>
>>320408015
It'll only make it worse tbqh familia.
>>
I'm going to laugh my fucking ass off when DS3 comes out which is literally bloorbourne (I mean 90% assets) in dark souls setting and everyone will shit on it for having god fucking awful le victorian design.
>>
>>320400949
>git gud
Is souls one of the first series to be ruined by memes?
>>
>>320408015
If BB gets ported it'll automatically become the best Souls game ever made because 80% of the people here will finally get to play it
>>
>>320408007
The enemy placement mostly.
You had this huge amount of verticality, but it mostly resulted in jumping down in arena's filled to the brim with enemies, other times you would just walk through the ashes and suddenly be surrounded by multiple knights.
It's the ganking that made it a chore to go through, when it had some of the better level design concepts in the game.
>>
File: No-Man.jpg (234 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
No-Man.jpg
234 KB, 1280x720
>>320408340
>doesn't feel like anyone has ever lived there
I totally agree. DaS fucking nailed it with Anor Londo and Lost Izalith, they felt so lived in compared to shit like pic related where they just throw furniture and bandits everywhere
>>
File: 1412836938810.png (165 KB, 327x325) Image search: [Google]
1412836938810.png
165 KB, 327x325
>>320399962
worst bait op ive ever read

1/10 apply yourself
>>
>>320408448
Bloodborne's design isn't awful so I can't really see the problem here
I doubt they'd go as far as to reuse most of the assets for it though, that'd be retarded
>>
>>320408132
To be honest. "You never played it" "never ever" is the same in essence to "git gud." that existed back in the day. It just boils down to "I'm a fan and I love my perfect game, get lost, you criticism offends me."

Most people did legitimately deserve git gud because they were either shit at the game or didn't understand it. Never Ever and Sour Grapes makes less sense since it evolves to "you just got shit taste" when timestamp is provided. (which no one should have to pander to shitbags with timestamp in the first place but eh.)
>>
>>320408658
lost Izalith did NOT feel lived in, stop pulling shit out of your ass.

And Anor Londo only marginally did because it had bedrooms and like 1 maybe kitchen area.
thats it. The running theme with these places is they are long abandoned. hence Anor Londo is dead as fuck, not even nature sounds, and Undead burg similarly, doesnt have any actual residents.
>>
>>320408246
Yeah, I think DeS has the biggest increase in difficulty on NG+ but it's not just that. You are right in my opinion.
>>
>>320408821
FromSoft have a habit of reusing sound assets for some reason, there are sounds taken from Demon's Souls that are in both Dark Souls and Bloodborne
>>
>>320408658
I can't be the only one here who, in every playthrough, HAS to light every single torch in this area, right?
>>
>>320408015
Bloodborne has great variety and also does an an amazing job at architecturally making sense.

Every level is connected and makes sense. You can even see levels from other ones. Story and lore wise they are fantastic

Compared to dark souls two that has a bunch of random ass levels right next to each other that make no fucking sense
>>
File: 1398734694437.jpg (78 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1398734694437.jpg
78 KB, 800x800
>>320408882
aight
>>
File: coachyes.jpg (12 KB, 228x169) Image search: [Google]
coachyes.jpg
12 KB, 228x169
>>320408882
10/10 for reading between the lines there pal
>>
>>320409058
Bloodborne didn't try to have an entire continent as the map of the game, only the city, its surroundings and some nightmares. The scope of Dark Souls 2 hurt the game in the end.
>>
>>320408658
You are right No Man's was an exception to that complain. But Iron Keep on the other hand... It all comes down to whether you consider No Man's Wharf as an exception or Iron Keep as an exception. Iron Keep isn't bad design it just makes no sense.
>>
>>320409019
Fuck, I light all the torches and waste a Pharros on it just because I'm spooked by the giant lanky darkness frogmen
>>
>>320408852
The reason there is so much "never ever" shitposting is because there is in turn a LOT of shitposting about Bloodborne because it isn't on PC. I remember when demon's souls came out as a PS3 exclusive, most threads and posts about the game were positive and people who played mainly on PC just mentioned they'd wish to be able to play the game from time to time. Nothing comparable to the shitfest Bloodborne caused
>>
>>320408658
I'm the dude you replied to. That's one area out of all of them and it still manages to feel bland. Lost Izalith is literally a birthplace for demons in the bowls of the earth (?) overflown with lava. Anor Londo is an illusion. Nobody has been there for decades or possibly centuries (I don't know the timeline for this) and it still feels lived in.
>>
File: 335300_2015-04-07_00003.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
335300_2015-04-07_00003.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>320409316
you only need to use the lockstone

though i light all the sconces just cuz it looks nice

also

>those lanky fuckers

spooky and dangerous for sure.

but

>Scholar cove
>all the spiders that just hang around on walls chillin' to freak you out psychologically

>oswald's fucking room

maximum spoop
>>
>>320409019
With the proper TV settings (enough brightness, contrast and saturation to make the dragon completely invisible), this area looks pretty sweet in SotFS with all the torches lit.
>>
>>320409252

Boletaria is the only castle that actually feels like a castle. The other castles (palaces too) in the games are way too ridiculously designed from any perspective to make sense.

Iron Keep is insane but most of castle is submerged, and it serves a dual function as a weapon producing factory, they just completely fucked up on displaying that part.
>>
File: brilliant level design.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
brilliant level design.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>320409252
The point I'm trying to make is that every game has it's low points and high points in level design, and that DaS2 doesn't lack parts of it that feel "lived in"; you can ignore stuff like Majula and No Man's all day, if you'd like.

Saying DaS2 has no soul because it has less furniture in some places is like saying DaS is pic related.
>>
DeS>BB>DaS>>DaSII

DeS had:
-Best music
-Best level design
-Interesting boss fights that required different approaches than just running behind them and hitting them in the back
-Best story, lore and atmosphere
-Allowed for more varied and fun builds than DaS (dual wielding being viable, hyper mode, etc.)

It's clearly the superior game.
>>
>>320409374
but in turn there was some butthurt when Dark Souls turned out to be a multiplat. xbots and PCs were happy they got it, while sony fans seemed upset they no longer had an exclusive title.

and then after 2 multiplats, going back to an exclusive just made everyone shitpost harder
>>
So what is a good STR weapon to use to beat the DLC areas?
DLC enemies are such hit sponges.
>>
>>320409058

>architecturally making sense
God no. The city design is such blatant shit. There are doors that are floating and blocked off completely by fences. It's designed for visual awe and nothing else, and you can immediately notice from the visual clutter. While having barrels strewed about makes sense, having giant steel coffins and stone statues spread out everywhere is ridiculous. For fucks sake, it has clumps of gravestones. I'd love to hear your explanation for that.
>>
>>320406230
Nothing as long as I have my black separation crystal ready. Nothing's interesting about those fights.
>>
>>320409708

Drakekeeper Greataxe is my weaponfu.
>>
>>320409604
It's a fucking lava lake - wtf should be there?
>>
>>320409640
I agree with some of your points, but
>Best music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
>Best story, lore, and atmosphere
DeS is definitely up there, but I fucking loved Bloodborne's take on cosmic horror and dream worlds
>Allowed for more varied and fun builds
DaS2 has every game beat on pure build variation.

>>320409967
That lava lake is a level, and you can run around on it willy nilly while playing your favorite montage music and running away from dragon asses.
>>
>>320409949
I don't like slow weapons. What else?
>>
>>320409819
The giant steel coffins and gravestones could be somewhat explained if people are dying in droves I guess. It's not entirely realistic about it but it didn't really bother me.The levels do look very good even if there is a bit too much clutter and they went too far at times
>>
File: 1393904586112.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1393904586112.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>>320410169
>goes STR
>I don't like slow weapons.
>>
Really trying to avoid spoiling the game since its my first time playing DS2 but my character is now randomly an man faced woman when I created a guy and only noticed this when I took the armor off. How do I change it back?
>>
>>320410394
The coffin on the beach at the very beginning.
>>
>>320410394

If you're playing SotFS, you need a fragrant branch of yore for the Things Betwixt.
>>
>>320409604
No Man's is an example of good "lived in design" but then it has some other issues like it looks like you go down well bellow sea level to get to it but in the end you end up at a cave at sea level. It's like the elevator to Iron Keep.

At the end of the day it all comes down to whether you are the kind of person to let immersion breaking things like that get to you. I never noticed that about No man's wharf until some anon pointed it out so it's true that /v/ can ruin your fun with games.

I still love Dark Souls 2 though.
>>
>>320410051

BB's music is very good and more technically impressive, but it just doesn't convey the same atmosphere as Demon's Souls's did.
In Dark Souls and Bloodborne every boss feels like they've brought the same orchestra along with them, it's good music but falls short of creating mood in the way that the more simplistic but varied music of DeS did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i4JP-NxfN8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTT4di20FtU
>>
>>320410394
Happened to me too
Didn't realize it until ng+
>>
>>320410492
Thought that only changed my stats when it said it changed my nature.. Kinda funny then because that happened about 4 hours into the game and I noticed until I got to the iron keep.
>>
>>320409819
Steel coffins were used by church members. They were killing people whom they thought would turn so fast that bodies piled up quickly. Hence the gravestones everywhere.

Also since they were even killing people that they thought MIGHT turn into beasts they would bury them in heavy steel coffins.

Leaving them in the streets makes sense. When you are basically committing genocide of a town you ain't gonna have time or space to bury all them niggas
>>
>>320410624
>go down well below sea level
No you don't.

You go down a small stair to a corridor, then an elevator to an area where the floor is slightly submerged in water, as if you were at sea level, and then travel to a cave at sea level that opens up onto the ocean
>>
>>320399962
>falling for DS II-fags' memes
Serves you right, it's a common knowledge at this point that DS II was bad.

I hope you have pirated it at least.
>>
>>320410742
I agree with you on Demon's Souls music being good, but Bloodborne definitely succeeds in creating mood, considering the game takes place in a very churchy place to begin with.

Ludwig's theme was damn near perfect, the first half has a feral moveset and unsettling and haunting violin strings, and then he raises the moonlight blade, and gains his humanity back, the song transforming into a religious chant backed up by an orchestra
>>
>>320411213
Go look out the platform for Dragonrider. Sea level is like 10 meters even less or 15 max in the other direction. You go down 3 meters down then an elevator that is like 20 meters at least and you reach sea level but eh it's debatable. If you look at it in a map editor it's well bellow sea level I think.
>>
>>320410742
Demon's Souls' music definitely seems much more unique and atmospheric. I wonder why they switched styles after this and never tried to go back to it
>>
>>320400605

>opinions are facts

stay in school kiddo
>>
>>320411128

>When you are basically committing genocide of a town you ain't gonna have time or space to bury all them niggas

Why create gravestones(even unmarked ones) or put them in coffins in the first place? Mass graves serve a much better function and don't litter the entire area.
>>
How well does SotFS pirate? Obviously I wouldn't be able to play online but have a hankering for it since I haven't played DaS2 since its vanilla console release and don't have $40 to blow on it.
>>
>>320411573
But you head downstairs at the top of Dragonrider's tower, not where you fight him.

>>320411614
At least for Dark Souls, I think the music fits the more Greek-like themes of its world and mythology.
>>
>>320411793
They were members of the church so I assume they just wanted to give everyone a proper burial. the situation then escalated and they got so caught up in other things that they just kinda left the buryng business unfinished
>>
>>320411667
Those are facts though
DS II is garbage that was re-made from scratch 3 months before the release, hence the PS1-tier environments, broken gameplay and shit design overall.
>>
File: 1443833684053.jpg (91 KB, 600x555) Image search: [Google]
1443833684053.jpg
91 KB, 600x555
>>320400605
no believe it or not there are people out there who actually believe dark souls 2 was the best from software game
>>
>>320412265
>no believe it or not there are autists out there who actually believe dark souls 2 was the best from software game

ftfy
>>
>tfw I liked all the FromSoft games and although Dark Souls 2 isn't their best game I still think it's a perfectly serviceable RPG that has given me hundreds of hours of entertainment
>>
>>320412265
Having played DeS, DaS, and DaS2:SotFS to completion, SotFS is my favorite of the three. I think DeS could be a better game if they had estus and balanced it around that, instant heal grass makes it too simple. DaS is a better game than 2 overall, but its completely garbage PvP brings 2 above it in my eyes.
>>
Why do some people pronounce it ornstEEn ? His name is Ornstein.
>>
>>320412726
It's Ornstain in my dimension
>>
>>320412726
Does that mean the archetypal Jew is actually called GoldSTINE? Fuck.
>>
>>320399962
Nothing about Dark Souls 2 is good.
>>
>>320412881
Yes. GoldSTEEN is a bastardization
>>
>>320400949
Lol I fucking hated the game, but I've got the plat anyway solely because the entire game was a pushover and it required no effort from me.
>>
Check out blade of darkness OP
>>
>>320411941
Bump for response.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.