[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People complaining about too many FE reps Have guys ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: disgust.png (65 KB, 301x203) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
65 KB, 301x203
>People complaining about too many FE reps

Have guys ever considered that FE has so many reps because it's the only Nintendo franchrise aside from Pokemon that introduces new main characters with every new entry and that with 14 entries it's one of the oldest and most successful Nintendo titles that also has more relevant named characters than all other franchrises combined? You'd literally be able to make a fighting game just out of Fire Emblem characters and you wouldn't even cover a tenth of all characters that people would want to play as.

Maybe if Metroid didn't rehash Samus for every single game and let you play as a different character, Metroid would have more reps than just Samus twice. Maybe if Donkey Kong had more Characters than a bunch of Monkeys with all the same personality, Donkey Kong would have more reps.

We've got a 58 character roster with extremely balanced, yet completely unique characters. I just want you realize how insane that number is.
>>
>extremely balanced
>completely unique

You raise valid points but you don't have to throw in lies like that, anon.
>>
>>320399730

Show me a fighting game more balanced than Smash 4 with more unique characters
>>
File: 1429811609573.png (93 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1429811609573.png
93 KB, 400x460
>>320399440
> most successful
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaqqaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Even side stepping you honestly silly argument, I'm more concerned that they added a character that as of yet isn't in a playable game, its just an advertising gimmick, smash is supposed to be the best of each series, duking it out, not nintndoes runway to introduce us to shiny new characters no one wanted or asked for.
TL;DR: OP is Nintendo and can go get fucked.
>>
>>320400210

>Who is Roy?
>>
As I said in another thread:

I think part of the problem (reason? nah, problem) is that selection is based less on series and more on character. That is, "Metroid for the sake of Metroid" nobodies like Sylux or "Zelda for the sake of Zelda" like Impa don't stand a chance because they're not notable characters, just characters that nobody cares about and have no significance other than being in a given series. Meanwhile, FE, having a full new cast every game or two always has protagonists from which to choose.
>>
File: notfair.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
notfair.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320399440
>No-name weeaboo franchise gets more reps than zelda and pokemon
>one of the biggest nintendo franchises gets nothing

IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>320400562

Zelda has a lot of villains to choose from though.
Still don't get why Skull Kid or Vaati aren't fighters.
>>
After the Cloud and Bayonetta memers have died down, Corrin will easily crystalize himself as the most played character of the new ones.

Mark my words
>>
>>320399440
>all 6 FE reps are swordsmen, 5 of which have Counter
>no mages
>no cavaliers
>no generals
>no peg knights/Wyvern knights
>no axes or spears
>no archers
>no manakete/subhumans

WHY???
>>
>In 25 years FE sells less copies worldwide than Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, DK or Metroid
>Must have six reps because feet
>>
>>320401179

Robin is a mage
Corrin is a Manakete thing
Corrin uses spears

Would be cool if they added Fire Emblem weapons as items to cover axes and bows. Maybe even a Pegasus/Wyvern
>>
>>320401179
>all of Robin's specials and smash attacks focus on magic application
>Corrin is a fucking manakete

Are you just being deliberately obtuse?
>>
Why does Corrin get to use the final form of his weapon, but Shulk gets Shitnado 1 instead of 2 or 3 because spoilers?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.