[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"This remake is pretty terrible - but it could be worse,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ff1 ff2.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ff1 ff2.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>"This remake is pretty terrible - but it could be worse, I could be playing the original NES versions. Those have to be a million times worse."
>mfw I find out that the GBA games are almost exact 1:1 remakes of the NES games except for a tiny few modernizations like being able to save anywhere

So does Square actually legitimately think that these games are perfect and that none of the systems/stories needed to be updated? Here's an example of the games bad design:

>Earth Cave with the vampire boss fight
>Have to go through 3 stages of bullshit maze caves and horrible random battles
>Once the vampire is defeated(and I don't mean the Lich guy), you get a ruby and have to leave, which means means going through the same thing 3 times
>Then once you give a ruby to a giant and talk to an old man, you have to go BACK to the vampire caves and go down the same 3 levels just so you can then go into even MORE maze caves

Obnoxious backtracking like this is unforgivable.
>>
Yup. My experience too.
>>
They did change some things didn't they? Like I think they made FFII's levelling system slightly less retarded or something.
>>
>>320385554
They also added some bonus dungeons for after the main quest. Which is pretty cool.
>>
1-3 are very dated. Just skip to 4.
>>
>>320387721
FF2/FF4 was my first JRPG as a kid and it was pretty mediocre.

Skip to FFV
>>
2 would be improved if spell levels were fixed
>get ultima, the most destructive spell ever
>starts at level 1

bravo
>>
>>320388453
I think that you should just find higher level spells later in the game, as in say Lvl8 Fire tome, which when used automatically replaces your existing fire with Lvl8 Fire if your current fire is lower.
Same with Ultima, they could've started it at a higher level and actually give you incentive to use it.
But since you literally can't die to final boss as long as you've got the blood sword which is a free item you get without doing anything at all as part of the story then you wonder what even is the fucking point of the final boss if it's a fucking joke like this.
>>
>>320390857
The blood sword can be missed though.
>>
>>320384134
well at least there's retargeting, the original version didn't have it
>>
>>320385554
Yes, by removing bugs that actually quickened grinding.
>>
FF1 is the classic

FF2 is the classic BLUNDER

not even fans of the final fantasy series would recommend 2.
>>
File: 1444944506923.png (69 KB, 201x222) Image search: [Google]
1444944506923.png
69 KB, 201x222
>>320384134
he posted it again the absolute madman
>>
>>320391294
The most hardcore Final Fantasy fan I know loves the fuck out of 2. She's also literally autistic and has Minwu as her husbando.
>>
>Obnoxious backtracking like this is unforgivable.
You don't even know what backtracking is. Play Star Ocean for SNES to understand the full meaning of the word.

>>320387963
No, don't skip IV. Rydia is in IV.

>>320391294
You exaggerate. FFII was a pretty good attempt, for the times, on creating a sensible character development system. I mean, it's like in Morrowind. You don't become better in swords by casting spells and shit.
Of course, it was tedious, but original. Also, other than that, the game was pretty cool, with characters having some personalities and a story.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.