[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XIII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 19
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 200x248) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 200x248
So, I pirated it, started it up, and for some reason got the thought in my head that I'm going to like it enough to actually pay for it. So I went ahead and bought it off steam. It's downloading now.

Did I make a mistake, or am I going to be getting the two sequels next when I'm done with it?
>>
>>320368978
It's GOAT, whiners are just mad it's different while every final fantasy tries to be different
>>
My only problem with the game is it takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to get good.
>>
split it into 3 portions, the beginning is nice, ending is cool and middle is grinding and rushing.
>>
In all honest I bought a PS3 (300$) just for FF XIII (60$) when it came out. At the time it was absolute eye candy and I liked it.

The "sequels" are not real sequels, XIII has a definitive ending. They are more of a spin off thing.
>>
>>320368978
I really liked Lightning returns out of all the FFXIIIs
you might get bored at some point like >>320369650 said but overrall it is very nice

Otherwise. Are you the part of /v/ that hates video games because they "don't have shit taste" ?
Then, you made a mistake.
>>
Why are you FFfags always so satisfied with mediocre stuff? Why do you praise mediocre games like FFVII for being the epitome of the RPGs? How can you even stand to play FFXIII?

How come you have stardads so low?
>>
>>320368978
It definitely has flaws and the middle part is pretty shit at times, but its worth it and, despite the majority of /v/, I really love the battle system. Make sure to play FF13-2 as well, it got rid of MANY flaws 13 had. The monster-capture thing might not be for everyone, but after I got used to it I thought its fun.
>>
>>320369879
I can't speak for everyone but I feel like FF games have the ambition, production values and polish that nothing else has
Name another rpg released after FFXIII that was as ambitious, had such absolutely insane production values and polish, and was as carefully designed and bug free
Nothing is comparable
Maybe one game will reach those standards, FFXV
Maybe
>>
>>320368978

>It gets better after 20 hours: The game

You made a mistake.
>>
>>320368978
FFXIII is odd. It has a really cool battle system, but the game doesn't make good use of it until the end of the game.
The first 2/3s of the game feel like a tutorial for the last 1/3 of the game.
As a result, the first 2/3 feel too easy, sterile, linear. But the last 1/3 of the game is fantastic.
The unfortunate part of this is that this is a LONG GAME.

XIII-2 is a lot better, basically XIII but the whole game is closer to the good part of XIII

Lightning Returns is the best one in the series, the battle system is overhauled and almost perfect IMO. The game is more open and quest based, and is based around time. The way it works sorta reminds me of Dead Rising but not nearly as strict.
The timer is daunting when you first start playing, but once you reach the 2nd or 3rd day you realize its not nearly as bad as you thought it was and that you have loads of time to dick around if you want.
>>
>>320370337
I will never understand this meme
I loved the game since the intro cutscene before the menu screen
>>
File: pepepe.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
pepepe.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>320370337
OP here.

For the record, Trails in the Sky is my favorite video game ever, so that meme doesn't scare me.
>>
I always liked it. Maybe not being part of the pre-release hype train helped.
>>
>>320370412

>I will never understand this meme

Convenient pairings of characters against weak trash mobs you can just sloooowly auto-battle throughout the game without giving any kind of thought to picking abilities for those 20-ish hours. The game opens up on Gran Pulse in that giant field but even that is just 2-3 hours away from the ending and is just there as a giant circle to complete sidequests in.

Also really didn't help that the game was pretty linear. Sure people use hyperbole in alleging it was a straight line but because the rewards for exploring down a divergence in your journey were so shit you're better off just running straight ahead.

Also didn't help that leveling was capped up until Gran Pulse and a brain-dead retard could beat anything provided they upgraded one character's weapon so the game got really tedius and boring.

FF13-2, however, is baller as fuck. The story is a bit cringey but the gameplay and pacing is so much better.
>>
>>320370405
This.
Though I'd have to say the last third of XIII also lasts nearly trice as long as the rest of the game if you are an completionist like me. Which made the whole game worth it for me in the end.

Anyway, yeah, the trilogy as whole is pretty much worth it.
>>
File: Lightning.jpg (1 MB, 1653x1169) Image search: [Google]
Lightning.jpg
1 MB, 1653x1169
>>320368978
>Did I make a mistake
Unless you really hate linearity, no. Despite its shortcomings it's still an enjoyable game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BfpWU_Jx0o
>>
>>320368978

Let me get this straight. Usually we have threads by idiots, who buy a game and then ask whether they're doing to enjoy it before actually playing the game that they already own.
But now, here's a guy who has already tried the game, bought the game, and it's NOW that he decides to ask whether he's going to enjoy it? This is some Idiot of the Year material right here.
>>
>>320368978
Try until chapter 3, that's where you can actually develop your characters. If by then you're still ok with this game, then continue. If not, just drop it. Unless you want to try the 'it's get better after 13 hours i swear' meme, because it actually gets exponentially better in chapter 11.
>>
File: uwot.jpg (23 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
23 KB, 540x960
>paying for this piece of shit in 2015
>>
>>320373080
>Has already tried the game
I literally watched the opening movie, then closed it out and bought it off steam. I would hardly call that "already tried the game"
>>
Ignore the shitposters. It's worth a playthrough, as are the sequels. They're cheap enough. It's like £30 for 3 games on steam, that's not including when they're on sale.
>>
>>320369650
Not really imo the best part of XIII is Palumpolum

it's the only area that actually has any kind of scenario -- everywhere else is like "follow this corridor because....i don't know maybe it's in the datalog or something?????"
>>
>>320373318

Well, that doesn't exactly lower the amount of stupidity involved.
>>
>>320369879
>FF7 sucks muh obscure weebshit nobody played is better

Fuck off.
>>
>>320372912
Holy shit
This trailer is so great
>>320370732
But it was gripping
So much shit happens in the first 2 chapters, and I got so hooked
I got hooked in the intro because it just looked gorgeous and the game has tons of absolutely spectacular CGI cutscenes that put Advent Children to shame
Then the story is so intense at first that it gets you in the thick of the action immediately
Ans you keep playing with the unique comvat system that keeps expanding and the story keeps unraveling, I can't understand how someone can actually play it and not be satisfied
The game even has a lot of fun bosses that keep showing up during the game and the eidolon battles are fun too for their significance
It's so well thought out on every level that people just can't appreciate it's depth I think
>>
>>320372912

>jap voices

FFXIII had a stellar voice cast for the English version. I have no idea why English speakers would choose subs.
>>
File: 1442604443979.jpg (39 KB, 518x330) Image search: [Google]
1442604443979.jpg
39 KB, 518x330
>>320374297

>people just can't appreciate it's depth I think
>>
>>320374487
They can't
Criticism of XIII is always banal, superficial and echo chamber tier
>>
File: loli_lecture_big.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
loli_lecture_big.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>320374447
Because Hope sounds like a whiny bitch in English, and a kawaii shota boytoy in JP.

Btw, every sequel gets better and better, with a sadistic loli teasing Lightning as the finale.
>>
>>320374447
>playing weaboo games with anything but glorious nippon dub

My actuall gripe is though, I can't bear those American VAs anymore.
It's always the same cast of 10 or so people for anything remotely japanese, be it games or anime and it annoys me.
>>
>>320374447
>I have no idea why English speakers would choose subs.

Because it's not original. It's not even a weeb thing, I just don't like anything dubbed.

Be it American cartoons dubbed to my native language, or Korean dramas dubbed into Japanese - I'm against any voiceover that isn't original.
>>
>>320375247
What language do you play mgs in?
>>
File: 1395047878179.jpg (35 KB, 495x290) Image search: [Google]
1395047878179.jpg
35 KB, 495x290
>>320374859

Widespread criticism of the game doesn't make it echo chamber tier. Your insistence the game has depth boils down to praising the paradigm shifting and auto-battle mashing and ignores the fact that NPC's in the game are nearly non-interactable or incredibly rare, there are no minigames, or for that matter anything interesting than the carrot of good gameplay being dangled in front of you the entire way through.

The scenery was nice and varied though. Ultimately pretty lifeless and Motherbase tier but it was pretty cool to see the mix between technology and organic life in some areas, as well as monster design.

Some praise of FF13 boils down to Toriyama-tier asspulling and the re-casting of bad shit in a good light. Linearity can be praised as 'streamlining' to prevent players getting sidetracked doing mundane tasks but it was simply lazy for a game with the development history that FF13 had. The game is essentially FF10 if FF10 hid it's story in a datalog and removed blitzball, the airship, and most airship-only exploration. It's understandable why people hate FF13.
>>
>>320375570
I haven't played mgs.

I wanted to play the 1-3 collection on my Vita, but I heard it doesn't allow you to reverse the Y camera axis, which makes a game unplayable to me.
>>
File: community_image_1386437996.gif (267 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1386437996.gif
267 KB, 512x512
>>320368978
>>320369879
honestly I cant think of a better game series than FF
I think it's the gold standard of vidya
>>
>>320374447
The Eng dub for 13 completely butchers Lightning tho

In Eng dub she sounds constantly bitchy and cuntish, she always sounds angry and it's why everyone in the west who played it considers Lightinng to be an unlikable cunt

In the JP dub she sounds like someone who is pretending to be standoffish but deep down actually cares, her voice is more sweet sounding and it's why Japan likes her

Also in the Eng Dub Serah calls Lightning as Lightning, while in the JP dub she calls her "onee-chan/onee-san" which means big sister, she never calls her Lightning, the fact that the Eng dub makes Serah call her Lightning creates a huge dissonance between them that isn't present in the JP version because that isn't even her name
>>
I pirated Lightning Returns but it doesn't seem to pick up my controller (DS3 with Xinput Wrapper).

What do?

That being said, I really like FFXIII but they ruined everything with the shitty sequel and implied bullshit about the story that nobody has any chance of uncovering on their own. My main issue with the sequel is that they completely removed the strategic element of FFXIII, you could literally do the whole game with a ravages and commandos and every now and then a medic.
>>
>>320368978
Pay attention to the plot. It's easy to lose track and now know wtf is going on
>>
>>320369879
Recommend us some better jrpgs.
>>
It isn't that bad. It is lenear for sure, but some of the areas are quite beautiful and you can tell they put a lot of thought into them. Not all of them though, for instance, both the locations in chapter four are horrible and boring even though Lake Bracha before it in chapter 3 and the area you start chapter 5 in are just great to look at.

Unfortunately you do still just walk through them linearly.

The battle system is different, though. At first you don't really havw to do much, and the game babies you until chapter 8 but by then, if you paid attetion, you realize the battle system is pretty fun and it keeps you busy during the more difficult battles.

Enemy design is pretty good too.

As for the writing, well, some (most) of the characters are awful, and the story isn't the best, but not nearly as incomprehensible as people say and not too bad. The romance also isn't as bad as X.

Worth like $15 or so I think.

>>320376001
This, use the original Jap voices. I speak some decent Japanese, and even from what I can understand (simple, normal conversation), the English subtitles don't match half the time.
>>
>>320375619
So criticism boils down to the linearity
Everytime it boils down to that
And since you posted that pic I'll comment on that
It was a nod towards Lightning's recurring rose motif that was present since the first game
Her crystal is rose shaped
But of course people need to meme
>dude, lel look at Toriyama, he wants to marry Lightning LMAO
It's people read that p4r article and took it seriously
Also look at how everyone complains about the time limit in LR while not understanding that it's a fundamental part of the narrative
>>
>>320376319

>The romance also isn't as bad as X.

Not the guy, but what? Serah/Snow is the worst romance in the series. I think even Squall/Rinoa made more sense and had better chemistry. At least a few times they seemed to be on the same wavelength for awhile. (If you meant, it doesn't get in the way as much as X. That's pretty debatable considering how little story there is, the romance starts to be a big chunk of it still. But sure, fine.)

Unless you mean Fang/Vanille, in which case carry on.
>>
File: Lightning.jpg (295 KB, 2126x1417) Image search: [Google]
Lightning.jpg
295 KB, 2126x1417
>>320376413

>So criticism boils down to the linearity

Yeah and the lack of a lot of interesting side stuff. It's pretty combat orientated for a Final Fantasy when other games had the Golden Saucer, Triple Triad, Blitzball, sidequests that weren't always combat orientated, etc.

But hey, you seem to be having fun with the combat so I guess the non-existent anything else doesn't bother you. That's fine. The game still was well-received for a Final Fantasy game it's just that it lacks fundamental features of the other FF games (which rubbed people the wrong way).
>>
>>320370140
Maybe those things were true back in the day, but certainly not now. XIII was sort of a turning point for the series, as that's around the time when flashy CG cutscenes and elaborate designs and setpieces started to become commonplace, not just in other games but across all media.

I'd agree that XIII still had more *attention* paid to it than other contemporary works, but actually I'd go even further and say it probably had TOO much attention. Have you seen that concept image for Jihl where there's a detail just for the exact design of the frame for her glasses and how they mechanically operate? All that for a character who is featured in exactly two cutscenes and then abruptly killed off without significantly affecting the plot. One of two things happened there: either she was supposed to be a much more important character but they couldn't agree on what to do in time for release, or they straight up wasted man hours that could've been used somewhere else. Similarly, if you look at the early concept trailers you'll notice drastic differences across the board in the facial features, allocation of geometry, shaders, color palette, art direction.

Obviously these things evolve and it's likely we were shown what would previously only be seen behind closed doors to drum up publicity for the PS3, but overall it seems like they opted for the worst of both worlds, implementing changes that were technically difficult but largely served only to make everything busier and muddled with unnecessary bells and whistles rather than definitively upping the visual quality. Remember the sleeker, almost sterile aesthetic of Eden in the original trailer? Or how much easier it was to read the action happening in the purge sequence? Honstly I have to admit personal bias here, I'll forever be buttmad at the gaudy mess that we got in the final game compared to the original vision.
>>
>>320368978
It's really shitty in my opinion, more because of the annoying characters and terrible story than anything.
Gameplay wise it isn't anything special too.
>>
>>320377119
I just really, really, really hate the characters and their interactions in FFX. In FXIII none of them left that much of an impression on me but I still remember how much I disliked Tidus and Yuna and especially Wakka, not that he has anything to do with the awful, sappy romance in X.

FXIII I just found to be less offensive, not in a good way exactly, but in a mediocre way.
>>
>>320377175
What is it with Toblerone and Lightning?
>>
>>320377573

Ebin doujin where they snap her spine but someone edited it with a Toblerone and changed the soldier's dialogue into complaining about how snapping the toblerone hurt his hands.
>>
>>320377175
I hate doujins where a canonically powerful girl is raped/mind-broken/spine-broken, they don't make sense and Tifa always gets raped by random guys while she could beat them up easily
Unless the rapist is powerful, like that TifaxLoz doujin
>>320377573
A doujin where a soldier rips her spine out and breakes it was censored by putting Toblerone bars instead of the spine
It's dumb but hilarious
>>
>>320376413
dude you sperg it's not a meme because people literally thought he wanted to give lightning roses, it's a meme because all that "MUH ROSE SYMBOLISM SUCH A COMPLEX CHARACTER" is literally fanfiction.net-tier shit
>>
>>320377696
>>320377836
Ah I actually remember, must have surpressed it because I can't stand guro.
>>
>>320377392
Oh come on
Every game after 2010 was at least a buggy mess at release, especially since Skyrim showed you can release broken games and sell 20+ million copies
And the production values and polish are still unrivaled
Also as long as stuff doesn't get actually cut, I like when they put tons of care in the details
>>
>>320377521
But FFX had dat rikku ass
>>
Fun fact: XIII-2 and LR are less linear than VII.
>>
>>320377119
Snow x Serah romance was perfectly fine
It was there without derailing the narrative and Serah was nowhere near as annoying as Rinoa
>>
>>320378007
>since Skyrim

What are you 14?
Bethesta games have always been getting free passes on being buggy messes.
>>
>>320378529
Older Beth games didn't sell 20 million copies
How about you finish reading the entire post next time
>>
>>320377890
It's just a cute motif that was a nudge towards fans and was probably tacked on in the presentation because Lightning leaves a trail of rose petals in the opening cutscene while she teleports around
Aren't threads here filled with posts about how "Toriyama ruined FF with his waifu cancer"?
You can't have it both ways
>>
>>320377521

Oh I hate them too. I just at the end of the day prefer fury over boredom and wasting my time.

Nevertheless there was a conflict related to Tidus/Yuna romance, so there was a spark, a reason for it to be told, even if they were the two worst characters in the game. In fact the only two characters I could look forward to positively in the game were Auron and Belgemine, who certainly had no character development. Their one-note personality just happened to be set to awesome.

When's X-3, so we can have the third person in Spira with a brain (Chuami)?
>>
File: FF13.jpg (4 MB, 3900x2925) Image search: [Google]
FF13.jpg
4 MB, 3900x2925
You did good, OP. Congratz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxwxXwmwL6U
>>
>>320368978
I bet you will get the sequels.

The only tip i give to new players is that you don't have to fight battles until you get to bresha, just run past everyone.
>>
>>320378997
This pic looks cool
I wonder how much time it took to make
>>
>>320378896
Some of those are shitposts, granted, hell maybe even the majority of them nowadays, you know how it is but the real spirit of that statement is when a creator, of any kind, becomes so attached to a certain character or plotline or whatever that they're totally blind to outside opinion or criticism and just keep shitting out more of that thing because they personally like it. It's one of the biggest hallmarks of a hack author, because it shows incompetence(that character or plot element existing in the first place) as well as an inability or refusal to improve(continuing to use that element even though everyone clearly hates it). Saying he wants to marry Lightning and all that waifu shit is just 4chan/internet speak for that.

seriously why do i have to explain this
>>
>>320368978
Shit taste detected. FF13 has the most annoying cast of characters ever, sans Sazh (and even he wasn't that great just the most sensible character of that annoying cast).
>>
You should like it unless you're all about exploration. The exploration in XII is shit but that's just not what the game is about. Although I think XII is a good game, XII-2 is waaaay better and is pretty much one of my all time favorites. I got 100% completion in XII-2 because it was so addicting. Never played LR so can't comment on that.
>>
>>320378997
I love to think, Lightning is propably just inspecting her gun-swissknife instead of having a wonder like the rest of the crew.

>>320379362
Shit man, get your roman numbers together
>>
>>320379317
Because it's the only actual criticism I read about it
Toriyama didn't demand to make more XIII games, SE whored out the series because XIV flopped hard so they milked the most recent cash cow
>>
File: 1450142399094.jpg (123 KB, 1350x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450142399094.jpg
123 KB, 1350x1080
>>320379636

>muh roses was the only actual criticism you read
>>
>>320379463
The 'I' is too skinny for me to see properly when typing, I can't tell the difference.
>>
>>320379636
Well I don't know which is true but as you know here in the States(and pretty much everywhere else but Japan I presume?) Lightning is NOT a popular character by any stretch of the imagination, so take his little interview where he said Lightning was like a daughter or whatever + Lightning Returns + that lame speech about the roses and you can see where the meme started.
>>
>>320379318
The only one that really pissed me of was Hope, who somehow got even more annoying after overcoming his Shinji phase.

>After I stopped being an edgy cunt, I will now be the upbeat smartass boy who resumes everything that's happening and should be done and remind you at any time possible that anything can be accomplished through friendship and working together.

Oh and to a degree Fang, who didn't make sense at all.
>>
>>320379737
The criticism for XIII is
>TORIYAMA WANTS TO MARRY LIGHTNING
>NO ASS
>TOO LINEAR
>AUTO BATTLE
>LIGHTNING IS FLAT
not that the actual positives are less of a meme here
>ARMPITS
>/ss/ IS THE PUREST FORM OF LOVE
>/u/ IS THE PUREST FORM OF LOVE
>SERAH A CUTE
>ALYSSA DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>320380372

>Putting it in caps means it's silly!
>>
>>320379636
>Toriyama didn't demand to make more XIII games
You can't say that for sure since Toriyama did make the comparison of Lightning and Roses in a press conference for Lightning Returns.
>>
>>320380372
>Alyssa did nothing wrong
As far as my dick is concerned, she didn't.
>>
>>320379362
LR is a really excessively customizable action RPG. The combat really works great, and you have so much freedom to pick your combat style/strategy on top of that. It's really good and you should play it.

I feel like reviewers made a mountain out of the "time limit" molehill and it really feels stressful for the first few hours of the game, but by the end most people have tons of extra time left.

That and everyone that plays in English hates Lightning. They basically stripped all the depth from her character and made her an unlikable bitch in the localization. See >>320376001

Hope got even worse of an actor
>>
>>320380372
>>ALYSSA DID NOTHING WRONG
ok, the fate of serah was decided when etro did the ex machina at the end of 13 but still
>>
>>320380372
The criticism for XIII that I say and see some people say quite often is:
>Story is bad
>Characters are annoying
>Linear as fuck
>Shit grid leveling system
>Battles are boring / take a while to get interesting

If you can't get stroy, characters or gameplay in JRPG right, I don't know what else you can offer in it.
>>
>>320378496

>Snow x Serah romance was perfectly fine

No. That was dry as ice and they spent eons of screentime on it.

>It was there without derailing the narrative

Technically true. I would just say there wasn't a narrative. After all the narrative certainly wasn't about free will, Cocoon/Pulse war, army politics or machine gods. The focus was always party drama and for that Serah/Snow actually takes a significant portion. Not a large one, but a notable chunk. It's part of the thing that is approaching being a narrative, so yes it doesn't derail it.

>Serah was nowhere near as annoying as Rinoa

She was a non-entity, a MacGuffin, a goal, a plot device, formless good-will. So no she wasn't. But certainly in a meta sense, she was. She is the worst "character" in FF. and I hated her the most in the entire series for those reasons. (She's also my waifu because of the sequel, but we're not there yet.)

There's no question, that Rinoa, her romance and story focus outside that too were a blight upon VIII. Nevertheless I guess this would be a good time to say that I actually prefer Rinoa to Selphie and Quistis. She dressed better and actually had goals and acted towards them. She was an immature idiot brat and I didn't like her of course. However at least she and Garnet still had goals of their own, which were detrimental to the party's will. That's more than I can say for Yuna, Ashe, Lightning/Vanille and Serah.
>>
>>320380485
it is silly
Were you in the threads around the time of the pc release a few days ago
>where are the ass mods?
>we need someone to mod an ass on her
>where's the ass?
Instead of focusing on more pressing matters like her out of proportion head for instance, or the low rez textures everywhere
No let's complain about Lightning's ass
I'm not saying it shouldn't be a complaint, but it shouldn't be a primary complaint
>>320380697
No
There's the alternate ending where you refuse the booby trapped artifact and Snow saves everything
>>
>>320368978
I know nothing of your thoughts or tastes on anything so I cannot answer that.
>>
>>320381114
and then after you get all fragment caius says that in every single timeline noel kills caius and serah dies
>>
>>320381184
What about that timeline where Noel kills Caius and inherits his heart without killing Serah since the heart of chaos wasn't broken?
Seriously what about that?
This is a massive fucking plot hole
>>
>>320369879
>How come you have stardads so low?

That's almost like they're the only ones who enjoy mediocre shit.

Yes, I'm looking at you, witcherfags.
>>
>>320381084
You're not supposed to hate your waifu
And they didn't spend a lot of time on it, they just showed the kiss in that cutscene and had Troy Baker shout SERAAAAAAAH! a few times
Also they do have a goal
Yuna wants to kill Sin for example and almost gets everyone killed multiple times
>>
>>320378180
VII being linear is ok. it was 1997. XIII being in 2009 linear is embarassing .

the game's problem is not necessarily linearity, though it can be interpreted as such. it's the fact that it has no variety.
>>
>>320381326
>without killing Serah since the heart of chaos wasn't broken?
serah doesnt die because heart of chaos is broken, serah dies because she is a seeress and with every vision her live shortens
>>
>>320380756
Story isn't bad, it's confusing and really needs 2 playthroughs to be fully appreciated
Characters are supposed to be annoying at first so they can develop
The leveling system is a modified Sphere Grid to have each character be unique
The battles are boring only for 2 chapters
>>
>>320368978
lol this is one of the worst written games ever made. And you paid for it? are you retarded or something?
>>
>>320368978

>I pirated it and started it up
>Then I thought I might like it and paid for it
>I didn't play it though. Did I make a mistake falling for the first few minutes of a game?
>>
>>320381653
https://youtu.be/OxDiW4STbqQ
Serah dies because the change was so huge it killed her
If Etro doesn't die and they stop messing with the timeline she won't die soon
besides isn't LR supposed to be a sequel to all the XIII-2 endings?
>>
>>320381775
story isnt bad i agree. Its horrible. To the point where brain start to hurt. If you had it, believe me, it would be painful. For you.

Its incoherent, inconsistent and impossible to follow what ever is going on unless you spend so much time reading badly written texts in data-log or reading story discusions from fags online
>>
Pc version cutscenes are beyond shit and unfixable
>>
>>320382112
>it's bad because it's complex
no
>>
>>320381775
>Story isn't bad, it's confusing and really needs 2 playthroughs to be fully appreciated
That's shitty storytelling if it needs to be experienced multiple times to get it. At least Type-0 had a plot reason for doing that. Besides you could say this about literally anything with the least bit of foreshadowing.
>Characters are supposed to be annoying at first so they can develop
You can develop characters without them ever being annoying.
>>
>>320382058
>Serah dies because the change was so huge it killed her
no, she dies for the same reason every other seeres dies, with each vision they are closer to death. Yeul probably have visions since they were born so they die young. Serah had many visions in short amount of time because they change the timeline
>>
>>320382236
Type-0 is at least 5x worse than FF13 in every way
>>
>can't control your allies like in most FFs
>can't customize your party members' A.I. with gambits

it's kinda shit tbqh
>>
>>320382391
It depends on the intensity of the vision
I still don't understand where Serah's new clothes come from in XIII-2
They just appear
What the fuck?
>>
>>320372912
>image
That can't be Lightning, she doesn't have tits or butt... or emotions

As for OP, you should've played more and let the godawful writing unravel itself
But if you're in for gameplay only, then sure
>>
>>320382545
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>320382236
>least bit of foreshadowing.
my favorite foreshadowing in FF13 is that vanille starts the game with 3 atb bars

>>320382545
>It depends on the intensity of the vision
i dont think so, we never seen how visions affect other seeress. all we know is that they can see the future and then they die young because of it.

in the ending where noel inherits caius heart of chaos serah is still a seeress so she will still die

clothes were a gift from etro together with the eyes
>>
>>320372912
such a good chara design
too bad about the game
>>
File: 1426433488435.jpg (25 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1426433488435.jpg
25 KB, 354x367
>>320373318
You said you pirated it already.

Why the fuck would you then buy it? Just fucking play it pirated.

Unless you have money and don't care about losing it but then you wouldn't make this thread.
>>
>>320369391
>different

It removed everything that made Final Fantasy good, the story was shittier than 12 and Lightning is the shittiest protagonist the series have had after Vaan.

OST, battle system and graphics were the only things it did right.

Only people that didn't like FF in the first place liked FFXIII.

I bought it day 1 for ps3, after i finished it i thought it shit but ok for 1 playthrough, i will never replay it.

The sequels are worse. The first was the best of the 3.
>>
>you'll never be Snow
;_;
>>
>>320383748

Good. Being Sazh is objectively the better choice.
>>
>>320383595
You've got some strange opinions.
>>
>>320381471

>You're not supposed to hate your waifu

I do not. They gave her a personality and made her awesome. Jumping from the worst to waifu is goddamn impressive. It even paints Serah in a better light in XIII-1 for me. Had to divorce Tifa for her after thirteen years.

>And they didn't spend a lot of time on it, they just showed the kiss in that cutscene and had Troy Baker shout SERAAAAAAAH! a few times

That "Serah!" happened way more than that and Snow's and Lightning's relationship revolves around that romance too. It comes up even with Hope twice.

Insert three paragraphs of text here, that basically say those entries were Yuna's, Ashe's, Vanille's and Serah's stories respectively and what they chose the party and story obeyed. With the exception of Vossler in XII. (Vanille's choice was inaction into action.)
>>
>>320368978
You did not make a mistake. 13 is pretty fun if you enjoy the battle system and the story/characters.

don't get the sequels. I made the mistake thinking they would be more of what I loved about the original but they are complete incomprehensible shit
>>
I finished XIII on the 360 but IIRC, there are bosses you can go back and kill. Is that right?
>>
>>320383849
>has a degenerate son
>depressed
>dead wife
>constantly pretending everything's fine and lifting the party's mood
>being a nigger

Being Sazh is suffering, I'm not sure why you'd want to be him
Great character tho, pretty wise
>>
>>320383101
>clothes were a gift from etro together with the eyes
That is hilarious
>i'm sorry about your sister being stuck in Valhalla Serah
>I know, girls like clothes right, I'll give a new set of clothes as a present
>oh shit, I vaporized her old clothes while giving her the new ones
>who cares her new clothes are better, a goddess made them
>oh, I know, I'll give her the eyes of the seeress, maybe she'll win the lottery or something, that'll make up for keepin Lightning here
>nothing could possibly go wrong
>>
File: ttm.png (290 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
ttm.png
290 KB, 500x401
>>320383849
I know he's a better character but I keep my choice unchanged .
>>
>>320384234
you could make everything look stupid by describing it like that
>>
Just got Lightning Returns on steam but i am getting an endless load screen after the intro cutscene. Any fixes?
>>
>>320384325
but it is stupid
Etro is an incompetent fuck up
she created humans as a mistake
I'm glad she died
>>
>>320384308
they're small. they're not bigger than lightning's
>>
File: Serah.png (267 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
Serah.png
267 KB, 900x580
>>320384628
I like them either way.
>>
>>320384308
>snow prefers being in a forest fighting flans than being with Serah
Why?
>>
>>320384946
>prefers

its not like there is a barrier that prevents him from going with serah
oh wait
>>
FF13 was a good game conceptually. They made too many cuts though, and it was an incomplete thing. And the stuff they cut was worked into the sequels.

It will happen with 15
>>
>>320385012
why did even leave in the first place
only explanation is
>Snow, I know lightning is alive somewhere
>she's in the crystal Serah
>no she isn't! Where is my sister?
>ok Serah, your hero will find her for you
later
>FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM
>>
>>320385259
to find serah, and he didnt want her to get hurt when she goes with him
>>
>>320368978
Who the fuck does this?
>hurr I've pirated enough
>time to buy it legit this time
>ok now that that's done, i'll ask /v/ if its good
this is bait i guess
>>
>>320384946
Dude likes going on crazy adventures and he's also looking for Lightning on his own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgdgW9QvQa0
>>
>>320385550
>to find serah
b-but he left serah
>>
>>320384946
Reminds me, Snow and Serah bullying Noell was one of the best parts of XIII-2
>>
>>320385647
to find lightning*
sorry, im doing multiple stuff at the same time right now
>>
>>320385640
>that Gilgamesh intro
>that Ultros intro
>THAT FUCKING NABAAT INTRO
Beautiful
>>
>>320385672
Snow bullying Mog was the best
Moogle abuse in XIII-2 and LR was fun
>>
>>320386036
best battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOrMIgf5tTU
>>
>>320386184
Jihl fight was weirder
>>
>>320368978
>final fantasy without a turn-based battle system
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>320381775
If I have to force myself to do 2 playthroughs to then "maybe" enjoy a story about characters that I'm far to like, then probably the writers need to do their job better.
>>
Dat dere Lightning
>>
>>320374964
Hopes JP voice sucks
>>
>>320385640
>>320386184
That's DLC right?
>>
>>320388479
>I was starting to worry that you'd never download this part of the game, and I'd be stuck in digital limbo!

gee bro i dont know. if only the title of the video would say if thats dlc or not
>>
>>320388664
I didn't open the links though, I just remember Ultros being DLC or whatever in FFXIII-2.
I was just wondering if that's really DLC worth of purchasing.
>>
>>320368978
Remember to read the Datalog as it gets updated. It's necessary to understand the lore.

>am I going to be getting the two sequels next when I'm done with it?
If you like the first game you'll want to play the sequels, but be warned they're very disconnected from each other and their plots are so convoluted you'll have a hard time to understand what the hell is going on. Plus on the following games most of the playable characters in the original are pretty much on the background and don't have nearly as much participation which can be a turn off if you like them.
Think of them as entirely optional.
>>
File: Adult_Neptune.png (1 MB, 1020x1880) Image search: [Google]
Adult_Neptune.png
1 MB, 1020x1880
>>320368978
Well not really a mistake imo, it's just that in Steam it only has JP voice for Asia region fuck that. Persona and FF are the only Jap games whose jap voice suck ass.
>>
>>320390026
>It's necessary to understand the lore.
i never even opened the datalog and i understood all shit that was happening
>>
>>320386184
Nice.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.