[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>demoted from Assist Trophy status to zilch >removed viewable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: sadness for ants.png (25 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
sadness for ants.png
25 KB, 264x264
>demoted from Assist Trophy status to zilch
>removed viewable trophy
>no Mii costumes
>added several more anime swordsman from an already oversaturated series and third party companies
>literally only has a song now

Has any franchise been more BTFO by Sakurai than Golden Sun?
>>
>>320342717
i'm still upset
>>
File: salty-foods-300x300.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
salty-foods-300x300.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>
>>320342717
yeah I wish he was in. I know we have so many sword users but still. It is even worse that he is not even an assist trophy. Like you said all we have is the song. Such a shame.
>>
They're cutting the fat. Only Miyamoto is allowed to create franchises now.
>>
>>320342717
Dark Dawn gave me such a bad taste it eventually soured my view of the entire franchise.

Specially after I replayed the original too and sadly noticed how the story didn't age well. It's basically a very generic RPG flare.

Not counting another sword wielding guy is enough.

>inb4 bbut muh psyenergy moves.

Still has a sword, still is animu. By that logic people wouldn't be calling Robin and Corrin animu swordsmen.
>>
>>320342960
honestly, I'm not even salty anymore. Rather, I'm wondering if any fanbase REALLY has been this BTFO.

Chromfags were at least acknowledged. Ashleyfags, K. Roolfags, and Genofags have their costumes. Waluigifags still have their AT. Ridley's at least a boss. Krystal's still a viewable trophy. Snakefags can take solace knowing that Konami being cunts is literally the only reason Snake wasn't back on the initial roster.

Only Custom Robofags understand this feeling to any reasonable extent, but at least they didn't have all of this, and then have a similar type of character from an already overly represented franchise get in instead of them.
>>
>>320343197
>Not counting another sword wielding guy is enough.
>inb4 bbut muh psyenergy moves.
>Still has a sword, still is animu. By that logic people wouldn't be calling Robin and Corrin animu swordsmen.

I agree with all of this. I thought it was a foregone conclusion that there would be no way Sakurai would actually add ANOTHER animu swordsman. But he did. From a very well represented series, in the form of a character literally nobody has expressed any interest in playing as.

I understand it's for the purpose of marketing, I'm not confused by the motivation.

I'm just dumbfounded by how silly it all is.
>>
>>320343530
golden sun was trash though.
>>
Remember the part where Golden Sun 1 and 2 were generic as fuck JRPGs with the slowest and most annoying text in the history of games? And that they only sold well because they were the only rpgs on gba?

That's why there's nothing left from them in Smash, man.
>>
File: Imfine.png (89 KB, 201x202) Image search: [Google]
Imfine.png
89 KB, 201x202
This seals it. There will be no new Golden Sun game. Nintendo will pretend it doesn't exist and Camelot will be stuck with sports games.
>>
>>320343815
I will admit Corrin's moveset is actually interesting from other FE charas and animu swordmen. I feel he has the inevitable abd luck of being the sith FE character. If we wouldn't have had Roy or Lucina I may have been okay with him cause Counter move aside, at LEAST he has some uniqueness.

His biggest sin is being a fire emblem character basically.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.