[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Smash Ballot Was A Smokescreen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1429909002418.gif (500 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1429909002418.gif
500 KB, 500x374
>"“The process, however, of actually creating a character often takes well over a year, where we are constantly working on the model, the animations, the audio and the balancing."

Which means Bayonetta would have been in production back in February at the earliest. Even if we give Sakurai the benefit of the doubt and say nine months, that's still May, around a month after the Ballot began. Hell, even if we say six months, that's still August, which means that the Smash Ballot was still in full swing. Bayonetta clearly looks like she's in an advanced stage of development.

Added to that, there's no evidence that Bayonetta would have even hit top five in ANY region.

It's as I was saying since the Smash Ballot began: The Smash Ballot was a smokescreen for Sakurai to justify any bad/controversial decision he made.

Which likely means that whatever character(s) actually won the Smash Ballot for their region were glossed over for the shock effect of adding someone like Bayonetta.

tl;dr: The deal with Kamiya to get Bayonetta into Smash would've happened earlier in the year, and Bayonetta was not actually the Smash Ballot winner.

Bravo, Sakurai. You played millions of people for fools.
>>
File: 1450126811971.jpg (61 KB, 527x504) Image search: [Google]
1450126811971.jpg
61 KB, 527x504
>>
>>320301939
No shit, don't expect GAYMERS to understand how long it takes to make gaymes.
>>
By that logic Smash 4 took 50 years to make.
>>
Do we have a chance of getting like a top 10 per region ballot result out of Nintendo?

I know petitions are hopeless and never lead to anything.
>>
I voted for bayo the moment the ballot opened.
I can assume I wasn't the only one.
>>
>>320301939

nice job trying to cope with the fact your meme character didn't get in
>>
File: 1384848767831.jpg (147 KB, 1074x925) Image search: [Google]
1384848767831.jpg
147 KB, 1074x925
>>320301939
>>
File: 1447803905975.png (984 KB, 863x661) Image search: [Google]
1447803905975.png
984 KB, 863x661
>>320302190
>50 years
Considering they ported practically everything from Brawl, threw on a fresh coat of paint and called it a day, I'd say the development time it's touting makes sense.
>>
>>320302108
This.

As much as I love video games, the majority of people who do are pretty much the worst people who understand nothing about the production and complexities of a video game.

It's why agdg is so shit and functions as a graveyard for hundreds of games.
>>
>>320303075
>>320302108
I don't get what you mean, Sakurai fuckin' stated exactly how long it took to plan a character. The quote is even in the original post.

Either Sakurai is full of shit, or we got played hard.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.