[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smash Ballot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: ballot.png (530 KB, 766x937) Image search: [Google]
ballot.png
530 KB, 766x937
Was the Ballot just a sham?

Corrin was obviously not wanted, Cloud was meh, I can understand Bayonetta, but did we only get two characters from the ballot? I thought they were choosing at least five.

I'm not even mad anymore, I just feel sad.
>>
>>320297001
Bayo was the only Ballot character senpai
>>
>realizable characters
It means characters Sakurai wanted, if you thought the ballot actually meant shit you're an idiot.
>>
>>320297202
They said in the direct that Cloud was the most requested Final Fantasy character.
>>
>>320297001
Notice all the "ballot" winners are humans
>>
>>320297001
The ballot was never "first place will get in for sure!!!". Sakurai specifically said he chose her not just for her popularity, but because of her unique play-style she'd bring to the game.

AS FOR CHOOSING CORIN ON THE OTHER HAND...
>>
>>320297379
Throughout the years, dipshit.
>>
>>320297001
>Trusting how Reddit votes
You're a fucking retard
>>
Cloud started development before the ballot and Corrin is just a personal choice by Sakurai cos he seems REALLY into FE as of late.
Bayonetta ranked high in the ballots and Sakurai thought "yeah we can give this one a moveset that isn't boring shit".

Sakurai knows best dude, I didn't expect/want Bayo, but comparing that moveset to whatever rubbish KRool/ShovelKnight/whatever would've had, I'm glad we're getting her over them.
>>
>>320297316
It means they aren't gonna put in Pepsi man or Goku
>>
>>320298367
It means characters Sakurai wanted, the ballot already stated it needed to be a video game character.
>>
>>320298623
>It means characters Sakurai wanted
source? Oh yeah. Get fucked shitposter
>>
>>320299303
>he's actually retarded
>>
There's always next time, I assume. Unless I missed some kind of "this is the last DLC" announcement I assume there will be a chance for more characters later.

Personally I'd like to see someone from XenoBlade Chronicles X get in. Elma, maybe. I've been playing that game a lot lately and I love it.
>>
>>320297001
Fucking K Rule was never a front runner. Everyone spouting that dumb fucking shit was just retarded.
>>
>>320299479
>Unless I missed some kind of "this is the last DLC" announcement
Is this a joke
Sakurai said "final DLC characters" or variants of that at least 5 times in the direct
Wait til smash 5 dude
>>
File: 1400103565786.png (321 KB, 737x737) Image search: [Google]
1400103565786.png
321 KB, 737x737
>>320297001
>Just barely missed Shovel Knight and Shantae getting in.

Thank god we dodged that bullet. We need indiecancer in Smash even if it means getting Corrin instead.
>>
>>320300096
Hi. I live in New Zealand. When the direct came out it was mid day. I'm at work. I did not watch the direct at all and I have to infer some details from people assuming everyone has watched it.

So, this is the final DLC characters huh? Cloud, some FE guy I don't know and Bayonetta? Not a bad batch I suppose. As long as FE dude isn't another fucking Marth clone it's fine right?

FE guy becomes an Ike clone instead
>>
>>320299780
what coud you expect of reddit?
>>
>>320297001
There was never 5 choices you autist.
>>
>>320300576
>As long as FE dude isn't another fucking Marth clone
Nowhere near, the moveset is fresh and Bayo's is even fresher. Watch the vid at the nearest opportunity.
>>
>>320300096
>Smash 5

Oh anon.
>>
>>320300897
It's infinitely marketable and sells a real lot
With Sakurai or without, Nintendo are gonna put Smash on their consoles until the company expires
>>
>>320300875
Really? I'm pretty relieved then. I'll be sure to check it out when I get home anon.
>>
>>320297316
I always knew the thing was just going to be a compromise between someone rated highly and characters Sakurai actually wanted and he'd likely ignore some stuff because it was stupid but at this point I'm pretty positive he's never showing the results because it would piss people when they realize he's calling well liked and possibly even interesting characters "unrealizable"

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but given he added ANOTHER FUCKING FE CHARACTER I'm just saying he's clearly not relenting on any of his obvious, previously held biases.
>>
>>320301248
I can't really imagine Nintendo stopping the Smash train as well. I'm sure it's a giant hassle to make with all the licensing issues and whatnot but it'd be a guaranteed best seller on any console it appears on. Even if everyone bitches about it they'd probably buy it day one right? And Smash 4 proves you can bunt out a lot of DLC too.

I can't really think of a good reason NOT to make another Smash. I just hope everyone from the current roster (including the upcoming DLC characters) will stay in the roster for any upcoming games instead of being one-offs.

I'd also like another story mode thing like the Sub Space thing as well...
>>
>>320301248
Imagine Smash without Sakurai. Really imagine it now. Less FE characters would probably happen but like, what other effects would there be?
>>
>>320297001

I can't believe shovel knight/shantae idiots thought there was even a glimmer of hope

They are the most satisfying to BTFO
>>
I knew all this. I knew there would be a massive rage the day the ballot winner was announced

It's like you guys don't know Masahiro Sakurai.
>>
>>320297961
>Sakurai knows best dude

> Fuck it, give Ganondorf Falcon's move set
> Wario farts right? Yeah, just build it around that.
> Who cares that Ness can't learn these moves? Nobody played the game anyway.
> I think we need another Landmaster
> The FLUDD seems like a good move to add
> etc etc etc etc
>>
>Five
Where the fuck did you get that idea?
>>
>>320303609
>> The FLUDD seems like a good move to add
It is
Mario tornado is shit

Get gud and learn how to use FLUDD, faggot
>>
>>320297001
Corrin is pure marketing just like cloud and lucina
>>
Alright, faggots, who did you vote for in the ballot and what was your reasoning?

I went for Ghirahim, I figured he was an assist already, plus a Nintendo character. No, I didn't think it would win, not by a long shot.
>>
>>320305064
Marina from Mischief Makers. Why? Because she's awesome. Plus, I was thinking she could be a counter centric character since in-game she can grab projectiles and even melee attacks before shaking and throwing them.

I'm a bit tired of the current counter stance thing, I wanted someone who could do a better type of counter that didn't feel so brain dead.
>>
>>320305064
Voted for Shantae. knew she wouldn't get it but that's who I wanted.

Really like the decision to put in Bayo, really good "holy shit" value there.

Not too happy with the FE character though. But on the other hand I got to give it to Hackerai for TRULY not giving a single fuck.
>>
>>320305064

Toad, Simon Belmont, Medusa, Excitebiker, Ryu Hayabusa and Skull Kid. I didn't think they'd win, but I wanted Nintendo to know that some people want them.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.