[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kojima in talks with Sony to make his new studio with them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: hirai.jpg (10 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
hirai.jpg
10 KB, 249x249
>CDPR in talks with Sony relating to Cyberpunk 2077 - console exclusivity likely
>CoD, Assassin's Creed, and Battlefront are marketed as though PC and Xbone don't exist
>Over 30 million sold

Can anything stop this man?
>>
>>320287794
The Kojima/Sony thing was a mistranslation.
>>
>>320287794
well.

I guess I'll have to buy a ps4 when the first Kojima game comes out, in the mean time back to PC gaming

also Call of Duty never sells well on PC because better games exist
>>
>>320287794
"[UPDATE and CORRECTION] A new translation of the Nikkei article suggests that Hideo Kojima is not in fact in discussions to form a new Sony studio. Rather, the report appears to claim he's launching a new studio of his own with other former Kojima Productions staffers and is in negotiations with Sony to have their first game debut on PlayStation"
>>
>>320288553

>debut on PlayStation

So, never going to Xbone or Wii U, and coming to PC in five years?
>>
>>320288121
>>320288553
And your point is...

Kojima and Sony will still have some sort of partnership.
>>
>>320288553
People keep missing the point of this, his studio being independent doesn't mean his game(s) won't be exclusive.

But OP's still wrong.
>>
>CDPR in talks with Sony relating to Cyberpunk 2077 - console exclusivity likely

Source?
>>
File: 1443503501165.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1443503501165.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
I was supposed to buy a PS4 for christmas and instead bought an xbone
>>
>>320288886

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-dev-wants-cyberpunk-2077-to-launch-i/1100-6432907/

Note that he also says that MS is fighting for exclusivity.

Of course, MS has said they are retiring third party exclusivity, so it will either be full multiplat or Sony exclusive.
>>
>>320288862
>>320288884
>>320288884
independent studio means PS4 and probably PC

which is cool for me.
>>
>>320289304
Just derailing a bit how much sales come from CDPR's gog for them and is it a majority?
>>
>>320289304
>Source claims that MS or Sony may want to try to fight for exclusivity

>Genuinely believing this will occur after the witcher 3

Grasping at straws heavily with that point desu.
>>
>>320289450
Independent studio means independent studio, period. Kojima has made his own studio, and is looking for a company, or maybe multiple companies, to produce his next game. The company (or companies) which fund the game will most likely own it, and do whatever they want with it. So depending on who is paying for it it might be PS4/PC, PS4 exclusive, or just go on everything.
FROM is an independent company, but Sony owns Bloodborne. Platinum is an independent company, but Nintendo owns W101. And so on.
>>
>>320289967

Sony clearly wants to ride the incoming resurgence in popularity coming to the cyberpunk genre that will happen when Blade Runner 2 releases. They already have the marketing rights + exclusive content for the new Deus Ex, and have an exclusive walking simulator that is basically Ex Machina. If they want to completely dominate the market, they just need to get this game, which all the normies will want after TW3 got GOTY and will extra want after Blade Runner 2.
>>
>>320289304
so your source is literally some guy saying it might come to consoles and sony and microsoft might try to secure the game as a console exclusive? you took a pretty big jump from might come to consoles to they're talking to sony.
>>
>>320287794
>Cowadooty, AC, and Battlefront

OH NOES MUH SHITTY CONSOLE PORTS, FUCK I BETTER SUDOKU NOW
>>

shit, but it was obvious though

nobody cares the PC version will be the best.

>CoD, Assassin's Creed, and Battlefront are marketed as though PC and Xbone don't exist
>Over 30 million sold

wow shit games all of them
>>
>>320290189
hm. this is actually something I didn't think about. Could be interesting, but we probably won't see a new Kojima game for a few years. And by then I'll probably have a ps4 to go along with my PC.
>>
>>320290469
I'm sorry but that is completely ridiculous mate.

First reason:

- Literally no evidence to support suggested claim
- No history of Sony - CDPR partnerships or funding
- CDPR will likely want to continue to develop games across the market following the witcher 3's massive sales success.
>>
>>320290189
source on the exclusive dude sex content, i cant find anything on it through google.
>>
>>320289304
Isn't CDPR setting up a console mod deal with Microsoft
>>
>>320291464

No. That's Bethesda.

Bethesda and MS go way back. CDPR has no such relationship.
>>
>>320287794
>bragging about EA and Ubisoft garbage
>>
File: 1412501303955.jpg (31 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1412501303955.jpg
31 KB, 433x419
we won
>>
>>320291880
CDPR literally co-opped with microdick to release witcher 2 and shared marketing rights with M$ with the witcher 3.

They showcased their game at E3 last year.

Your argument is really based on nothing at all.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.