[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that, unless a non-vidya character like Goku
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: snake.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
Can we all agree that, unless a non-vidya character like Goku or Mickey Mouse gets picked, nothing will ever top the surprise that was Snake?

At the time, everybody thought that only Nintendo characters would get in Smash. And even if there was gonna be a third party character, most expected something like Sonic or Mega Man. No one, and I mean NO ONE expected Snake.
>>
>>320284243
wasnt he the FIRST third party character?
>>
>>320284243

Nothing will beat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQJpP8M7XA
>>
>>320284396
Yeah, and that's my point. The general belief at the time was that Smash was for Ninty characters alone, which is why Snake was so shocking.
>>
The reveal was hype as fuck and the people that were there were so fucking euphoric you'd think they had just sent a man to Mars. So yes, nothing will ever top Snake.

The character I wanted the most since the first Smash was Megaman, and I main him in Sm4sh, but even then, my reaction to him was just "oh, cool". I miss having fun with videogames.
>>
File: Snek.png (215 KB, 872x924) Image search: [Google]
Snek.png
215 KB, 872x924
>>320284396
he was the first non-nintendo guest character to join Smash followed by Sonic.

reminder it's not only third party guests that can join Smash, and Banjo/Chief, both first party guests, will likely fill in for that one day.
>>
everyone post Yfw when NInty gives us all the greatest christmas gift possible, announcing Mickey Mouse as a playable character.
>>
>>320284243
Anon... not even Goku or Mickey Mouse can top Snake. Snake was the really first wildcard that surprised the fuck out of everyone.

Now nobody can be as surprised anymore.
>>
File: 4thParties(small).png (483 KB, 1213x928) Image search: [Google]
4thParties(small).png
483 KB, 1213x928
>people still hoping for non-vidya characters in Smash
lul
>>
>>320284243
>>320286346
Except Cloud did it already.
>>
Master Chief nigga
>>
>>320284243
Who cares? Any non-veteran will be a huge deal.
>>
>>320286661
Nope.

Cloud was certainly a surprise, but when Sm4sh was released everyone knew that third parties were viable.

And despite what /v/ thinks, there were a few people who requested Cloud.
>>
>>320286661
>Except Cloud did it already.
nah, Cloud was a bit in between.

Megaman to Snake
>>
Snake was shocking because we all thought Sonic would be the first third party character and not someone from an Mature Rated series.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.