[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ I have a question for you! A little background first:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Tf2.jpg (10 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
Tf2.jpg
10 KB, 299x169
Hey /v/ I have a question for you!
A little background first: I just stopped playing Counter Strike about a couple of months ago because I wasn't making any progress on in game stuff, nor was I getting anything decent from opening crates,

So! I was wondering, after not have played TF2 for about 3 years now, is it too late to get back into it? How has it changed and are the changes any good?

Last time I played I had an unusual Anger with Orbiting Planets.... and that was pretty decent. How have things changed and should I try to get back into it?

TL;DR, should I get back into TF2 after 3+ years of not touching it.
>>
>>320268986
Touch it and decide for yourself.
>>
>>320268986
just play it. dont bother with trading since its garbage.
>>
>>320271859
Will I be worse than other players if i only have the starting equipment? Will they have an advantage over me?
>>
>>320272173
no. the majority of weapons are either inferior or on par with stock.
>>
>>320272173
Starting equipment is generally the best, most of the good weapons are unlocked by doing shit with the class.
The stock rocket launcher is the best rocket launcher.
>>
>>320268986
Since TF2 is mostly for fun you can hop into it without fear and just play. Just ignore the people that only play to trade since they're cancerous.
>>
>>320272173
Kind of. In many cases the stock guns are the best guns, but there will be a few instances in which you will be worse. Most stock melee weapons are pretty much objectively worse than the others, and Pyro has awful stock weapons.

It won't take you that long to get some weapons, though. Also: if you had an account like 3 years ago, then why don't you just log into that? Regardless of whether you need the weapons on it or not, if you had an unusual you can probably sell it for like 50 bucks and just buy another fucking game.
>>
>>320272173
Majority of unlocks are sidegrades with a few outliers being absolute shit or a straight upgrade (I.E. The Third Degree, pyro axe)

You can play pretty competently with stock loadouts though, they're well-rounded weapons and in many cases the best.
>>
>>320272703
Unfortunately, that account was shut down because I couldn't correctly insert a gift card credit card into the system and they locked me out.
>>
>>320268986
Wait for TF3
>>
>>320272173
No, you will be worse than other players because you're fucking trash.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.