[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are Mega Man 9 and 10 on 360? I'm considering picking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: megaman.png (26 KB, 762x295) Image search: [Google]
megaman.png
26 KB, 762x295
How are Mega Man 9 and 10 on 360? I'm considering picking them up now they're discounted down to a reasonable price.
>>
Or you could, you know, emulate them
>>
>>320236318
Theres the legends collection coming out for Ps4 Xbone, Wii U and 3DS just wait for that
>>
>>320236449
Only includes 1-6

>>320236427
Ehh. Given the option, I'd rather just buy them when they're cheap rather than spending time fucking around with emulators.
>>
>>320236318
Both are fun, but infested with DLC and achievements.
>>
File: WR9E08-1.png (32 KB, 584x480) Image search: [Google]
WR9E08-1.png
32 KB, 584x480
wii has the proper resolution
>>
>>320236791
>achievements
don't give a shit

>DLC
that's more concerning, although looking up it's themes and skins, which, while being bullshit, I can happily avoid. Still, fucking irritating, I agree.
>>
>>320236554
Dolphin is easy as fuck to figure out. But if it's too hard for you, I guess you don't deserve your money anyway
>>
>>320236875
9 has extra difficult levels and a bonus stage.
10 has Bass and 3 extra stages.
10 is still one of the best main series megaman games
I agree emulate them and get the DLC. Dolphin is one of the easiest emulators to use.
>>
>>320236842
Nothing stopping you from playing any version of MM9/10 on a 480i signal on the supported consoles.

Anyways, I really enjoyed both of them. Enjoyed them more then MM 4-6.
>>
9 is easily the best classic Mega Man game, and also the hardest. 10 is alright too I guess.
>>
>>320236980
I never said it was hard. I mean, fuck, I've probably been using emulators before you were born. In general, I'd just rather just pay $5 and have easy access and unlimited downloads than have to spend any time fucking about finding dodgy downloads and shit. Same reason I generally prefer Steam over piracy.
>>
>>320237210
>console piracy
>dodgy downloads for this common of a game
>>
>>320236318
9 is easily one of the best Classic games and has one of the best feel-good endings to a franchise of any video game. You really felt like it was a proper end to the series and if felt amazing.

10 is weaker gameplay-wise, but brings back split paths from 6. story is lackluster compared to 9, but the wily fortress has a really nice bit of fanservice for fans. Bass is fun, Sheep Man is overrated as a bogeyman of "terrible robot masters"

DLC is good, just skip Hero Mode and get Super Hero Mode, provides a really good challenge like on Tornado Man's stage where every single block platform has a Met on it. The bonus stages are fun and in 10's case give you weapons you can use in the game from the start.

Music's very good. 9 has a lot of iconic tracks but on repeat playthroughs some feel a bit stale at times. 10 has I think contributions from almost every prior megaman classic composer. 9's AST blows 10's out of the water.

Maybe someday we'll get an 11, I'd rather not crummy fangames be the final memory of the 2D games.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.