[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SRPGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Jeanne_d'Arc_Coverart.png (228 KB, 256x448) Image search: [Google]
Jeanne_d'Arc_Coverart.png
228 KB, 256x448
>be me
>buy SRPGs because I hear they're good
>try to git gud but get wrecked after a few turns always

How do I get better at this shit? I want to get further in the story, finish it and see what the rage is about FF:Tactics and Tactics Ogre.
>>
>>320201093
I didn't get far into that game . Just didn't like it compared to Tactics Ogre, FFtactics, and Fire Emblem
>>
I found this my first srpg that I actually LOVED. This one is more forgiving especially after you get some of the unlockable powers, but the right party composition helps. I also found long range/turn speed/high str kicks ass the way battles work In jeanne.
>>
>>320201546
I find I have to do every mission like 4 times with different party set ups each time. It gets really tiring after a while.
>>
>>320201528
What would be a better game as a first-time SRPG? Something that's a bit more forgiving.

>Fire Emblem
Do I have to play these in order?
>>
>>320201916
No.
>>
>>320201093
First off stop playing Jeanne D'arc, second, take time out to learn the mechanics.
>>
>>320201916
This is far in the easy side. Won't get easier unless you go to something that's a tactics game in name only, like or disgaea.

You can weaken the enemy units with your pucelle and finish them off with weaker characters to level up more efficiently if you can't think of a good strategy.

Be sure to take advantage of those proximity bonuses and use terrain to prevent attacks from all sides during the enemy turn.
>>
Play Fire Emblem and then Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones on a GBA emulator.

Enjoy.
>>
>>320201093
Wasn't this the game where that completely useless side character apparently starts getting insane stat growth after some level?

Also look into Wild Arms XF for a true 10/10 SRPG.
>>
>>320204048
Rufus, right?

Level-5 loves shota and furries.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.