[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just picked up a 3DS with Pokemon Y and I'm looking for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (140 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
140 KB, 250x250
I just picked up a 3DS with Pokemon Y and I'm looking for another game. Which would be better if I have never played another in their respected series, MH4U or pic related?
>>
>>320191965
I enjoyed both of them. I'd say MH4U simply because I'm more partial to it than Awakening, but It boils down to your preferences more than anything.
They're not exactly very similar games.
>>
>>320191965
I thought awakening was a lot of fun, regardless of what most FE fags will complain about. 4U is a shit ton of fun as well, in regards to the MH series it can be regarded that each game is more or less an improvement.
>>
>getting pokemon over yokai watch
>>
>>320191965
Get KI
>>
I would say MH4U is overall a better game, especially with respect to its series, and it will also last you a hell of a lot longer if you get into it.

However, Monster Hunter is also a pretty niche series that you might not actually wind up liking, whereas I'd say pretty much anyone who likes JRPGs/SRPGs would enjoy Awakening to some extent even if it has some problems as a Fire Emblem game. Some of the FEfags on /v/ like to treat it as the worst thing ever because /v/ can't have any opinion that isn't exaggeratedly extreme, but in general it's a very fun SRPG, especially for people new to the Fire Emblem series.

I don't know if there's a demo for MH4U, but if there is you should try that before you buy it. If there isn't, I know there's one for MH3U, and the basic gameplay style is still pretty similar, so try that one. Just something to see if MonHun is your thing before you drop money on it.
>>
Both of them are lack luster games in their respective series. That said neither of them are bad games, but i would go with mh4u.
>>
>>320193112
At this point isn't it better to just skip 4U and bite the bullet with CrossX (or X-G?)
>>
>>320193518
If you can play it yeah, but if it's your first game I wouldn't recommend playing it in Jap. If there's an english translation patch out though, that's different.
>>
>>320193502
This, tbqh with you family
>>
Monhun is nice but its pretty polarizing. You'll have to put in at least ten, maybe 50 hours to see if you even like it and the demo is a poor indicator of the actual game.

I just recently got FE:A as well and I'm not sure if I like it or not, maybly because I'm shit at it so far. I probably shouldn't have played with permadeath on the first time through.

Though if you like pokemon I'd reccommend getting Super Mystery Dungeon. Also KIU like another anon said.
>>
>>320193285
My gf got yokai and I'm trying to get into it. I'm only on the second day and it feels like I'm playing an anime point and click adventure. does it get better?
>>
>>320193502
That anonymous ALL THE EARLIER GAMES ARE SUPERIOR AND I WILL NOT GIVE A SINGLE REASON TO SUPPORT MY STATEMENT guy strikes again
>>
>>320193502
>mh4u
>lackluster
lol
>>
>>320193307
>10 hour long game

No thanks
>>
>>320193458
There is a demo for 4U, but the problem with the demos for MH is they leave out all of the boring stuff.
Which makes sense on paper but the gathering and grinding are both absolutely essential, and is what turns off a lot of people to MH once they actually play it.
>>
>>320191965
Awakening is alright. But it's pretty broken difficulty wise.
>>
>grinding and not having fun
get mh4u
>grinding and having fun while marrying your army :3
get fea
>>
>>320193502

>4U
>Lackluster game in its series

u fuckin wot

Aside from some admittedly questionable monster choices, it has easily the best core mechanics, weapons, and pacing of the entire franchise.

Monster Hunter is one of the few franchises that generally improves with each iteration (with Tri/3U being slightly debatable because water combat was shit), unless you're one of those fags who thinks early gen retarded hitboxes constitute challenge.
>>
>>320193929
>doesn't like games shorter than 10 hours
Then you won't like FE:A.
>>
devil survivor overclocked is a better srpg than fea by almost every measure and it's only $10 right now
>>
>>320193929
What kind of shitter puts only 10 hours into it? Guess it can be done if you skip everything the it has to offer and half ass your way across the main campaign, but there's enough meat to it to last a few intense days and some since it's extremely replayable.
>>
>>320194343
FE:A's 'replayability' consists of repeating the same simple maps over and over again, which can be done with any game, including KI.
The main campaign can be beaten in a matter of hours without even trying to speed run. The later chapters are a joke.
>>
>>320194343
Except KI:U is grindy shit with extremely repetitive gameplay that gets old after a few hours.
>>
>>320194618
So, just like Awakening.
>>
>>320194618
Luckily it was a 10 hour long as you put it. I can't really agree with anything you say. Each level is pretty unique and the difficulty, weapon classes, customization and skill combos make for really different experiences and ways to approach each of them.
>>
>>320195347
>Each level is pretty unique and the difficulty, weapon classes, customization and skill combos make for really different experiences and ways to approach each of them.

Don't fucking kid yourself.
All you do in air battles is move in circles and shoot.
And all you do in land battles is shoot from a distance, then approach and dash attack until death
>>
>>320194654
Yeah, if he feels this way about KI can't see how it would be different for the other two OP mentioned. Then are all guilty of it to some extent in the eyes of a jaded gamer.
>>
>>320195463
Yes, and in Mario games all you do is jump, walk, run between suspended platforms and over obstacles. Can't you see how idiotic your reductionist analysis is?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.