[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Twilight Princess overrated or underrated? http://strawp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Zelda Twilight Princess.jpg (413 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Zelda Twilight Princess.jpg
413 KB, 1024x768
Is Twilight Princess overrated or underrated?

http://strawpoll.me/6270863
>>
overrated but that doesn't mean it's a bad game by any stretch.
>>
>>320189220
It's bad when compared to other games in the series i.e OOT and WW
>>
>the last decent-good zelda game is almost 10 years old

holy shit, and the new ones gonna be open-world garbage
>>
>>320189841
>open world is bad

This is just like saying "linearity is bad", you have good linearity i.e FF7 and bad linearity i.e FF13, so you have good and bad open worlds.
>>
Depends on the crowd but among /v/, overrated.
>>
>>320188523
How about neither?
>>
File: 1435954315645.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1435954315645.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>>320190083
My problem is the zelda formula works fine. towns, hubs and dungeons.

If they turn that shit into Far Cry it'll fall on its face.

And team behind zelda U aren't masters of open-world games, they'll do a poor imitation
>>
>>320190327
If anything /v/ shits on it the most.
>>
>actual proof that the Zelda cycle is real
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKYyh8zi3aI
>>
>>320190971
>One of the best things about the Zelda series is how ridiculously dark it can be on occasion.

That's like Kingdom Hearts tier grimdark.
>>
>>320189443
i disagree because it's good compared to spirit tracks, phantom hourglass, zelda 2, four swords, and skyward sword.

to me it's a decent zelda game. not great, not bad but somewhere in the middle when it comes to zelda imo. i think it's overrated because the wolf segments break any momentum the game had when it comes to gameplay. i just find the wolf stuff uninteresting for a number of reasons. ie the collectathon (albeit it doesn't take that long it just really feels like a chore that isn't really present in any of the good zeldas) all game encounters begin and end with you holding b which is kinda fun to jump around and fuck bitches up, but it loses its charm super fast for me and becomes routine when you fight enemies. with regular link you have a huge number of ways to kill people that very in a number of ways so in comparison the wolf link is too dry for me.

i also think the dungeons are very sub par compared to almost any other zelda game that i didn't mention. The items you get (that aren't the zelda staples ie bombs, bow, hookshot) almost have no use outside of their respective dungeon and aren't all that fun to play around with. when i got the game i thought the top was gunna be the shit and be fun as fuck but it does no damage and slows down like immediately after you use it.

overall i think it's a 7 tops, i do like the game but i definitely have some gripes with it. midna is the best, the atmosphere is great, the music is beautiful and has some really unique renditions of classic OOT locations. but the core of what makes me LOVE not like a zelda game isn't there for me.
>>
File: Midna sees a dick.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Midna sees a dick.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>320192179
And it gave us Midna, so it will always be alright in my book.
>>
>>320191267
At least LoZ's story isn't anywhere near as retarded as KH's. Better to have a simple plot than an incomprehensible clusterfuck.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.