[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best looking open world game of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: geraltmartini.jpg (36 KB, 457x364) Image search: [Google]
geraltmartini.jpg
36 KB, 457x364
Both artistically and technically it blew me away
>>
>>320177162
It is.
But god damn, what an awfull piece of shit to play.
>>
it's also the best looking game of all time

>>320178362
I just finished replaying the final 40 mins of hearts of stone, everything controls very nicely. I still don't understand what people mean when they say TW3 has bad gameplay. I just write it off as typical /v/ autism.
>>
>>320179119
> I still don't understand what people mean when they say TW3 has bad gameplay.
Just kids repeating what someone cooler said, no one really pays attention.
>>
Some idiots will tell you Xenoblade X, but that looks like Morrowind with mods.
>>
>>320179119
combat is worse than anything made by bethesda. i enjoyed the game too, especially the writing and world-building, but the combat is abysmal and you really can chalk up 95% of map landmarks as random bandit/monster camp

granted, i played on the hardest difficulty, you probably had a different experience.
>>
>>320177162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVylB3WoIt4

this mod just dropped, makes the game look comparable to the 2013 trailers and no fps drops
>>
>>320179550
I just finished traversing the big 3 areas (white orchard, Velen, Skellige) while seeing how the game looks like with the new turbo lighting mod. I have fought 10+ mobs along the way and everything controlled very smoothly. I might be lucky or something. Solid 60fps fluid combat. This combat isn't any worse than Dark Souls (which is supposedly the golden standard for some reason?) and definitely beats any TES game's combat.
>>
>>320179626
Too bad i just finished DLC, but the mod does look gorgeous.

Guess when the next DLC hits this will be awesome.
>>
File: 40jpg.jpg (34 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
40jpg.jpg
34 KB, 292x257
>>320179550
>combat is worse than anything made by bethesda
Fuckin wew'd
>>
>>320180508
It looks much better in the trailer than in game. Some people say it's amazing but I think it gets too saturated (Novigrad). The fog removal is nice because you can see further, but things like mountains look odd without fog at their higher altitudes.
>>
>>320177162

nah GTA V is still much better in the looks department
also tends to have much more on screen at one time
>>
On a purely technical level there's nothing better, but artistically I think XCX looks better and has a much more interesting world. I love the Witcher series but the medieval fantasy setting has been done to death.
>>
>>320184584
Your opinion is worth shit if you think that saturated piece of shit looks better artistically or has a more interesting world
>>
Shouldn't linear and small games look better,what happened to that?I guess there is the Order but nothing else really
>>
>>320177162
>"open world"
>has loading screens

Lol no
>>
File: 12345125152.jpg (54 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
12345125152.jpg
54 KB, 600x337
>>320184936
Xenoblade X has jaw dropping vistas and monster design, Nothing in the Witcher 3 impressed me in the same way Xenoblade has done.
>>
>>320178362
>But god damn, what an awfull piece of shit to play.
That's Witcher 1. Witcher 3 is actually great.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.