[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most overrated games? I think pic related is. Castlevania
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 418x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 418x308
What are the most overrated games? I think pic related is.
Castlevania IV is slow, easy, has shit music, idiotic level design, poor graphics, annoying effects like mode 7, is a step backwards from 3 as it has no extra characters or branching paths, no replayability, and no new weapons or attacks. But in spite of all this it is beloved by people who either watched too much AVGN, or played it as a kid. Rondo of Blood, New Generation, Dracula's Curse, Chronicles, and even Vampire's Kiss shit all over this garbage.
I also think the Snes is the most overrated console. The console was slow (~3mhz cpu clock speed compared to the Mega Drive's ~7mhz. This is why slowdown and sprite flicker is so common with the Snes), it had a muffled, awful soundchip, it had a kiddy red, green, blue, amd yellow design, and it only had notable platformers and jrpgs, two shit genres.
>>
Super 4 deserves all the praise it gets, you cock-smoking dolt.

If you want true overrated, look at SotN.
>>
>>320170632
Arin pls go
>>
SotN is the most overrated Castlevania game by far
>>
Agreed. I never played any Castlevania games as a kid, and from my nostalgia-free perspective, the NES titles blow the SNES titles away. Bloodlines and Rondo are fine too. SOTN is completely outclassed by the GBA/DS titles, especially OOC.
>>
>>320172295
Arin likes IV
>>
>Arin couldn't even get past the level where you have to duckwalk under the spikes

What a fucking retard. How does anyone take that joker seriously??
>>
>>320170632
Your shitpost isn't even halfway convincing. Back to the bait shop, mate.
>>
>>320173096
hey, I tried
>>
It's supposed to be a remake of the first game. Remember when remakes were actually new games and not just ports? Yeah... Star fox 64 was a remake too

Anyways, it does its job just fine. And the red/blue/yellow design for the snes was only In Japan
>>
File: 1447464037678.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447464037678.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
>>320170632
Get the fuck outta here with that kinda talk, nerd. Super Castlevania is GOAT.
>>
>>320170632
The DSvanias are way more overrated.
>>
>>320173436
Really? I thought they were overshadowed by SOTN
>>
>>320173096
IT'S NOT A SHITPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT GAME FUCKING SUCKS AND IM NOT BAITING!!!!!!!!!!!! LEAVE ME AND MY FUCKING TOPIC ALONE
>>
>>320173436
SotN: shit, people only like it for the style
CotM: glorious
HoD: worst Castleroid of all time
AoS: shit
DoS: like a more shit AoS
PoR: shit
OoE: glorious
>>
>>320173269
>Remember when remakes were actually new games and not just ports?
You mean like the ff7 remake?
>>
>>320174162
that's not the OP
>>
>overrated

Or

>I can't say this game is actually bad, so I'll say too many people like it to try and drum up a stink

I don't even like CV4
>>
>>320174371
Yeah, and people are upset about it.

If you want to play the old game, go boot up your fucking play station. I for one, am looking forward to something new. Except not really because the game is split into multiple parts so Square can siphon more money from our pockets
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.