[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Life is Strange?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
Thoughts on Life is Strange?
>>
Good story
Mediocre game
Bad ending
>>
Hipster bullshit
>>
>>320168549
Tumblr
Fallout 4 is better
>>
A best
>>
average at best with cringey 'teenager' dialogue obviously written by out of touch middle aged people

as with every VN-like game, your choices actually don't matter, contrary to what the game insists
>>
>>320168549
>first half of the plot was pretty good
>second half drops into complete mediocrity
>unlikable characters
>cringey dialogue
>Tumblr
>Chloe a shit
>shitty ending
>>
>>320168549
A delightful visual novel that sexually exploits underage girls.
>>
Was good until the last episode. They clearly didn't even think up a reason for the powers. They thought that wasn't interesting I guess.
>>
File: 1345606456713.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1345606456713.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>Max will never be yours
>>
>>320168549
My personal GOTY.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x539
>>320168549
This desu
>>
>>320169451
They didn't really need to explain it.
>>
>>320170370
They did. Not explicitly but they had to make it make sense. As it is now there's no reason she got the powers or why the tornado happened other than her own powers. It makes no sense. They thought the Rachel story should take precedence when it should have tied into the powers.
>>
>>320170757
>Kafka should have to explain why Gregor Samsa turned into a giant bug rather than focus on its implications
>>
Good,but wasted potential. Better than Fallout 4,though.
>>
>>320170908
That book was about the transformation, idiot. Life Is Strange wasn't about the powers.
>>
>>320171126
The meaning is the same. The cause of the powers has nothing to do with the story at hand, and explaining it does nothing for the narrative.
>>
>>320168549
bad
>>
The only part I genuinely enjoyed was when Chloe shot herself in the junkyard. Otherwise, it's just okay.
>>
>>320169127
Pretty much this.
>>
Bad beginning, good middle, bad ending
>>
>>320171194
No it's not. In Metamorphosis the whole story centers around the strange thing happening. In Life Is Strange it doesn't. The strange thing has nothing to do with anything else and is arbitrary to the whole plot. It's not the same at all.
>>
>>320168549
Enjoyed it, liked the main character. Comfy as fuck to play her. Terrible last episode. Didn't expect any choice to matter and the game delivered, but I don't really care that much as it was more about short-term payoff anyway. Liked how you could see the different responses and choose which one you liked best. The time-travel mechanic works really well for a game like this.

Also that wheelchair part really touched me, fuck.
>>
Worth it to watch Broteam wheeze himself to death laughing at it.
>>
>>320168637
This pretty much
>>
Max is built for sex.
>>
I'd fuck Max

A shame I hate her voice
>>
whats tumblr about it
>>
>>320174606
It has girls in it
>>
>>320168834
DELETE THIS
>>
File: table.jpg (42 KB, 508x463) Image search: [Google]
table.jpg
42 KB, 508x463
>>320168549

>another goddamn David Cage styled movie game made by some egotistical jackasses who're trying to build their Hollywood resume
>cringe worthy dialogue
>episodic, a trend that really needs to fucking stop
>your choices matter except not really
>the explanation of why the big thing that happens at the end of the game makes it obvious they just pulled it out their ass
>only two endings one that was obviously rushed because the writers really want you to pick the other option, and the other invalidates everything that happened, which makes you wonder why the fuck Max got her powers in the first place
>yeah, yeah, 'life is straaaaaaange!!", you don't get to use M. Night's "The Happening" logic to get out of that ass ending
>Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective did all this so much better
>>
File: 888358-front[1].jpg (102 KB, 640x917) Image search: [Google]
888358-front[1].jpg
102 KB, 640x917
Rip off of this
>>
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>320176786
That's okay
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.