[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic Generations is on sale on Steam, should I get it? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images (12).jpg (34 KB, 373x394) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
34 KB, 373x394
Sonic Generations is on sale on Steam, should I get it? I've grown up to the Genesis and Master System games and played a little of Adventure and Adventure 2.
>>
>>320162249
There is a demo on Steam, you know. Just try it out.
It is more similar to Sonic Unleashed and Colors than classic games and Adventure series.
>>
>>320162249
It's quite decent.
>>
it's been almost 5 years since it came out, what took you so long?
>>
Classic Sonic Gameplay is ok.
Modern Sonic Gameplay is overrun with 2D sections and doesnt utilize the best it can in 3D
Rival battles are good but Shadow's is ultimately disappointing. Silver's is pretty great though.
Bosses are good
Music is fucking beautiful except Classic Planet Wisp
Story is non existant
Final Boss is a fucking trainwreck in every sense of the word.

Good game 7/10.
>>
>>320162249

It's nothing like the adventure games, and that's one of the best things about it
>>
It's one of the few worthwhile Sonic games they've made in the past two decades.
They thought that was one too many and decided to make up for it with Lost World.
>>
>>320162249
How much?
>>
Worth it for mods if I've already got it on console?
>>
yeah it's good i don't even like 3d sonic games but i had fun with it
it also has a bunch of mods recreating the older games
>>
>>320167517
I've seen some mods and they're all pretty cool. Ultimately up to you, however.
>>
File: image.jpg (561 KB, 1210x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
561 KB, 1210x680
Just grab the Classic Sonic in Modern Stages mod and enjoy
It's literally what modern Sonic games should be
>>
>>320168234

There is literally nothing wrong with boost sonic
It's a different type of gameplay to converting 2D sonic to 3D but it is executed well
>>
>>320168343
Yeah but something about Classic in these huge open 3D worlds just feels so right
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.