[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychonauts 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Psychonauts 2.jpg (56 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
Psychonauts 2.jpg
56 KB, 640x359
C'mon...you know you can't wait for Psychonauts 2.

But the question is, will it turn out great?
>>
>>320155552
I liked it but I'm not excited for a sequel. Not even because /v/ told me to hate it.
>>
>>320155552
I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>320155552
It's gonna be shit.
>>
i doubt it will live up to my expectations
>>
>>320155552
I'm interested in seeing how it will be awful.
>>
>>320155552
Psychonauts was pretty bad, I'm not sure why anyone wanted a sequel.
>>
How much of the project's money will be "misplaced" this time?
>>
I don't even think the first game was that great.
The different worlds were interesting, but the game isn't very fun to play. It's impossible to do anything without telekinesis because Raz is so damn slow and can't jump for shit. The other powers are all equally pointless outside their one gimmick boss or whatever. And leveling up through those colletable cards isn't rewarding at all because the first 70 levels are all things like more ammo for your already nearly inexhaustable spells and making ignite slightly less terrible.
>>
>>320156085
>>320156251
It's actually a well made game.
It's not perfect, but there's enough variety in the levels to keep it fresh all the way through.
>>
>>320155552
It all depends on how much you liked the first one. I'm guessing the new one will be slightly better.

>>320156251
Game is easy-modo once you get the multi-tk blast.
>>
>>320157514
>there's enough variety in the levels to keep it fresh all the way through
The levels were uninspired and tedious, which is a tragic failure considering the kind of potential there is in the theme of "levels represent the characters' minds". It was generic platforming garbage with a juvenile sense of humor and forgettable characters.
>>
Things I'm expecting
>Game to be released in episodes 1, 2 and 3 for maximum profit and also for when they run out of money due to mismanagement, again.
>Mediocre unfinished levels, lots of back tracking.
>Decent to good music
>Interesting documentary about the failure of it like with Broken Age
>>
Home come Notch didn't end up following through with "making Psychonauts 2 happen"?
>>
>>320158478
You're right. Ht only level I remember from that game is the one with the Milk Man
>>
File: image.jpg.jpg (47 KB, 359x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg.jpg
47 KB, 359x398
>>320159757
Because he knows better not to give money to tim shafer?
>>
80% funded!
2.65/3.3 million!
Tim is a money making madman!
He's so going to fuck this up.
>>
>>320158831

I'm interested in seeing if they even have the same misteps as with Broken Age. As the documentary showed, they hit some serious setbacks which fucked them in the wrong one, so on that front they at least know what to do now.

Plus Psychonauts was all about its writing and art anyways, and with returning talent on that front I'm expecting it to be at least around as good as the first
>>
>>320160250

>wrong one
>long run

Wow my brain's gone to shit
>>
So writing first gameplay second? What a fucking joke
>>
>>320160426
>fucked them in the wrong one
But this works too.
>>
>>320160460

Did you ever even play the first Psychonauts? It was completely standard fare for a platformer that was brought up by great and inventive writing
>>
>being hyped for videogames
>it is the current year
>>
>>320160791
I'm cautiously excited, only because I've been wanting this game for years.
>>
>>320160791
Was there a certain game that you were once hyped for in the past, but it ended up burning you with disappointment that you never got hyped for things again?
>>
File: 1450035809164.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450035809164.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>320155552
I never played the first one. Maybe I will at some point if it's half as good as everyone thinks it is.

But why would I be excited for another Tim Schafer ruse cruise to milk money out of people he doesn't give any shits about.
>>
>>320159957
The Fish Metropolis? The Velvet Painting one?

The Theatre one is kinda forgettable. Even though it was one of my favorites the Strategy-Boardgame one is one I hardly remember.

Milas dance party was pretty cool. Neins cubic mind was ok. The first mind, the War one was great.
>>
>>320162909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
>>
>>320163234
hop on TPB and grab it now. best 25ish hours ive had in forever. lots of nice tid bits tucked away all through the game.
>>
Why don't publishers give 3D platformers a chance to be made?
This not just with Tim, but in general.
>>
>>320164959
You can't give them good controls, you can't give them good cameras, and you can't do much more with them than just "Mario 64, again". They were only popular for their novelty, which has long since worn off.
>>
>>320155552

Of course it fucking won't, you idiot.
>>
>>320166148
Was your first console the PS3 or something?
It's pretty obvious that there are a lot of 3D platformers that excel in control and variety.
Just because they don't have a homogenized control scheme doesn't mean they're bad.
>>
>>320166272
Why not?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.