[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dev changes their product to appeal to a wider audience,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: nu pepe.jpg (72 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
nu pepe.jpg
72 KB, 800x778
>Dev changes their product to appeal to a wider audience, because obviously they want to make more money
>wahh muh censorship muh rights

Why does basic capitalism cause so much butthurt on /v/? You are not the entire world you, know. Money talks.
>>
idiot frogposter
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>
Smart frogposter
>>
>>320151109
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>320151109
/v/ doesn't like to think
>>
>>320151109
Dumb frogposter.
>>>/trash/
>>
You honestly want to know what it is? The bare bones fact is that the core audience of any given game will feel a sense of betrayal if a company drastically changed their game for a sequel simply to appeal to more people and thereby make more money. That's the reason behind it, whether the person complaining consciously knows it or not. They feel betrayed because the game they helped, even just a little bit, make enough money that the developers decided to make a sequel, is now something different and people don't like change.

Not saying it's good or bad, that's just the honest answer to your question.

You dumb frogposter.
>>
Because in a world without creativity, the bar is set low to the point where everything is designed to appeal to human garbage. Are you human garbage OP?
>>
>>320151109
Because most of /v/ doesn't (or can't) understand that there are in-fact, people outside of 4chan (and even some with-in) that don't have the exact same tastes as them. Thus meaning that anyone else's opinion that conflicts with their opinion is either a "meme" or just "the wrong opinion" with-out fail. Also most of them don't understand why people would ever want to make a profit for their work and understand that you have to pick and choose (meaning you can't have your cake and eat it too).
>>
>>320151209
Why does basic autism cause so much butthurt on your ass OP?
>>
Because capitalism sucks.
>>
>>320151109
retarded nupepeposter
>>
Are you faggots seriously defending CAPCOM with a "good business choices" argument?
>>
>>320151109
Americans don't like capitalism, actually. In capitalism, there are winners and losers. In America, there are winners, and soon to be winners.

Oh yeah, money is imaginary. So that kind of thinking pisses people off too
>>
>>320152661
It isn't a 'good' business choice, but its not censorship
>>
>>320152041
That's literally the worst pro-censorship argument I've ever heard
>>
>>320152730
>She slaps her butt
>Don't show it on screen
It fucking is.
>>
File: 3_zpsq3aeufmh.gif (993 KB, 245x177) Image search: [Google]
3_zpsq3aeufmh.gif
993 KB, 245x177
>>320151109
>hey let's take OPs favorite franchises and dumb them down to idiot levels to appeal to a wider audience
>OP won't mind!
>>
>>320151685
Yeah, I don't know why anybody expects the NEETs on /v/ to know jack shit about money management or running a business.
>>
>>320152941
Is this a 'funny' joke post? Removing content isn't censorship.
>>
>>320152730
Do we really have to go through this shit again because you can't actually just look up the definition of words before opening your mouth?

>Censorship blocks something from being read, heard, or seen.
>To "censor" is to review something and to choose to remove or hide parts of it that are considered unacceptable. Censorship is the name for the process or idea of keeping things like obscene word or graphic images from an audience. There is also such a thing as self-censorship, which is when you refrain from saying certain things — or possibly re-wording them — depending on who is listening.
http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/censorship

They hid the buttslap because they deemed it inappropriate for the public (their own words), it's self-censorship.
>>
>>320153102
They didn't remove it
They hid it
>>
>>320153102
>Removing content isn't censorship

:^)
>>
File: nice vidya knowledge.png (8 KB, 750x126) Image search: [Google]
nice vidya knowledge.png
8 KB, 750x126
Reminder
>>
>>320153301
So every time a dev removes something from a game while its still in development, it is censorship?
>>
>>320153221
>There is also such a thing as self-censorship, which is when you refrain from saying certain things — or possibly re-wording them — depending on who is listening
By that logic, we self-censor everyday.
>>
>>320153571
>R. Mika
>3rd Strike

Triggered.

Otherwise, I agree.
>>
>>320153575
jup
>>
>>320154306
>Improving a game is censorship
k
>>
>>320154427
>removing content is improvement
k
ojima pls
>>
>>320154282
Also that the first DoA came out in 1996.
Alpha 3, Mika's actual first appearance, didn't come out until 1998.
>>
>>320151109
Yeah because integrity shouldn't exist.
>>
>>320151109
>to appeal to a wider audience

This is bad. its how a game series turns to shit, every single time.
>>
>>320154530
They did what they thought would improve the game for the majority of people, since most people thought the fan service was way over the top.
>>
>>320153807
Learn to understand context and what censorship actually is.

If you prepared a speech for your company that jokes several times about niggers when you're in front of a nigger audience you might want to censor those parts out.

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>320154790
>If you prepared a speech for your company that jokes several times about niggers when you're in front of a nigger audience you might want to censor those parts out.
Are you trying to argue that censorship is good? That was such an awful example for you. So you're saying that censorship is just common sense?
>>
File: 1445683251235.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1445683251235.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>>320151109
>Censor your game to appeal to a wider audience
>With a niche game only your fans cared about

Nigga this unless it's some CoD or Candy Crush shit it ain't going mainstream.
>>
>>320151109
That's why communism is better.
>>
>>320155068
>Are you trying to argue that censorship is good?

No retard. But in some cases depending on your material it might be wise not to show or say it. If as I said you prepared highly inapproriate material for your audience because you're retarded (making fun of a person that just died during a funeral speech or w/e) then you should leave that out if you know what's good for you.

>That was such an awful example for you.

It was an analogy. Analogies are used to dumb something down to make it easier for dumb fucks to understand (i.e. you).

>So you're saying that censorship is just common sense?

Usage of censorhip can be common sense. Common sense is not censorship.
>>
Riddle me this, frog poster. If they wanted to appeal to absolutely the largest audience, then why is a parental lock on content not available? They've already created the content that satisfies both parties. Why not a option to toggle features?
>>
>>320155472
> in some cases depending on your material it might be wise not to show or say it
So in some cases, it is wise to self-censor.
>It was an analogy
It was an analogy that proves that self-censorship is necessary, when you are arguing against self-censorship.

>retard
>dumb fuck
Why do you have to be so angry? Do you think that you have to add this in because your argument is too weak? Calm down.
>>
File: 1429190254883.jpg (81 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1429190254883.jpg
81 KB, 400x300
>>320152910
Maybe because everything is not censorship? Just like everything isn't a meme? Believe it or not if you are so against censorship why don't you want Global Rule 15 gone? All it does is stop people from getting triggered by ponies and going into shock. Please don't say you are anti-censorship while saying that anything even slightly related to pony should be blocked, the poster of pony banned, and their IP shut down. I don't like pony either but if you legitimately are this upset over something as tiny as an ass-slap, then I would highly recommend you change your views on the subject. Or let me guess, my argument is a meme too?
>>
>>320152041
reddit is SJW and 4chan is pretty much the same thing. a hard opinion that gets frazzled by anything else but that hard opinion being agreed on.
>>
>>320154530
so by your logic all games should be made without any changes, everything should be written in stone, even if it shows itself to be a poor design choice later on in development? Otherwise it's hardcore censorship and big brother is giving us a good dicking right?
>>
>>320151109
Thats fine, but they can fuck right off when they spout bullshit like"we are gamers too! We understand you!" Etc.
>>
>>320156652
exactly
>>
>>320156652
Why is fan service a poor design? Almost every form of media does it to some degree. It's not just T&A either.
>>
>>320158382
Because most of their audience disliked piece of fanservice - the ass-slap was too much for most people.
>>
>>320158628
But who? As far as I'm aware, no one really cared much about it in previous games. Aren't the people most excited about this game players from previous games?
>>
>>320151109
Because most of the time it doesn't work and it leads to less sales because they ended up pissing off the fanbase that actually buys their games while idiots that won't even buy the game support the censorship
>>
>>320158897
>But who?
Try talking to someone outside of /v/
>>
>>320159460
I haven't seen anyone from any fighting game community complain about it. In fact, the only thing I've heard is how Karen and Cammy don't look pretty or young enough.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.