[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which modern shooter has the best singleplayer mode? I ask because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: unreal27dj.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
unreal27dj.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1440
Which modern shooter has the best singleplayer mode?

I ask because I really feel like playing something like Unreal or Goldeneye, but I can't think of a modern FPS that isn't either totally multiplayer focused or scripted as fuck.
>>
>>320150020
EYE
>>
>>320150020
Quake?
>>
>>320150160
and Serious Sam
>>
Wolfenstein New Order was pretty fun. Uber difficulty of course.
>>
>>320150020
Best I dunno but try this shit

Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Serious Sam 3
Crysis
Far Cry
STALKER games
>>
>>320150020
Bulletstorm is excellent
>>
Underhell always comes up in these threads. Haven't played it, looks like a combination of HL1 and a FEAR game, take it or leave it
>>
Damn, Unreal had some amazing level design.
When I reached The Trench, I came in my pants.
>>
>>320151127

It's pretty crazy how Unreal had zero imitators on the "FPS with lots of outdoor environments" front. Easily my favorite FPS.
>>
I've heard a lot of talk about Spec Ops: The Line, but is it actually good? I've never been able to figure out if /v/ is actually praising it or if it's a meme where you try to make people like an awful game like Neutral Milk Hotel is to /mu/.
>>
>>320151359
Very mediocre with story and twist.
>>
>>320151313
indoor areas were easy at that point in time. The engines that imitator games tended to use were incapable of it.
>>
STALKER. I'm not even a huge fan but that's the answer.

I personally love FEAR. I also have a soft spot for Jericho, but that's probably just me.

>>320151359
I liked it a bunch, but it's not an FPS.
>>
Play Undying
>>
>>320150160
its not even a shooter
>>
STALKER in few months will be 9 years old. Think about it.
>>
>>320151030
you should play it. it's free, pretty spooky, takes a good while to get through, better than most AAA games this past year.
>>
Wolfenstein the new order is very fun and is a nice change from modern fps games
>>
>>320150407
No it's not. Can't believe this shit was made by People Can Fly. The second they started doing stuff with epic games they turned into shit.
>>
>>320155731
How though? I completed it last week and dont get the hype.

Not being a douche just genuinely curious
>>
>>320150020
Call of Juarez Gunslinger comes to mind, although it's a bit short.
Serious Sam 3 BFE is also good if you don't mind some initially slow levels.
A lot of people praise the new Wolfenstein, even though I didn't find it all that impressive.
>>
>>320156072
I just found the overall shooting and levels to be more free to do what you want. Also the no replenishing health added to the games difficulty in a fair way and the weapons were cool.
>>
>>320151313
>>320151127
Allow me to interject: The Sunspire
>>
>>320156072
Same here, I was expecting a return to old school Wolf3D/Doom style of gameplay but it was nothing like that. Yeah it's not as scripted as Call of Duty but there were still too many sections where you weren't shooting anything that really annoyed me. Stopped playing after you beat the giant mech thing in London
>>
>>320151472
I remember when quake 2 got an expansion, I forget what it was called, but the reviews were saying it was hitting as low as 18fps in the larger outdoor areas.

>>320151127
I remember getting lost in the dasa cellars so many times, took me ages to work that level out the first time.
>>
>>320150020
Doom with some mods
If you're up for a challenge try running Doom 2 with maps of chaos and project brutality
>>
File: ss3 blood & gore in the desert.jpg (554 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss3 blood & gore in the desert.jpg
554 KB, 1920x1080
Serious Sam 3.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.