[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mod that is completely superior to the original in every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>Mod that is completely superior to the original in every way comes out
> people don't support it.
Why is the smash community so dumb?
>>
>>320136919
lol it's dead
>>
>>320136919
Can you call it dumb when a billion dollar company doesn't even send you C&D orders but rather hint at straight up lawsuit?

I don't blame them for stopping but they could have set a court precedent and possibly won, giving them the rights to continue on licensed works that are no longer distributed. Or, they could have lost miserably and had to claim bankruptcy.
>>
>>320137497
I hate when people say this. If anything it's just now coming to life if people weren't retarded.

I liked PM but I couldn't take it seriously because new updates they'd constantly make to change everything. Now that there are no more updates people can actually play and fully understand every character.
>>
>>320137705

It's painfully obvious that there's a bunch of legal shit hanging in the background which is why you can't stream pm on twitch among other things. It's quite frankly is just not a battle worth fighting and everyone would be better off moving on to something else, preferably a new game that has nothing to do with nintendo
>>
>PLEASE DO NOT WORK ON OUR MOD ANY FURTHER WE WILL BE IN A LOT OF TROUBLE
>people fix Lynn, Knuckles, finish up Issac, add more patches to fix balance, fix Link's grab bug, etc. etc. etc.

Yea, as if anyone outside of leddit cares what happens to these guys.
>>
>>320136919
Because /v/ is full of casuals, and actually LIKE games that are shit.
>>
>>320136919
>Project autisM
>good

kek'd
>>
>>320139651
Better than Tr4sh.
>>
>>320140014
>this is what tourneyfag autists actually believe

lel'in out loud
>>
>>320136919
I can't use Luigi's cyclone to recover because it requires too fast an input. Fuck the PMDT for doing shit like this. They're elitist pricks no better than other FGC turbospergs.

Project BM is just Melee 2.0 and has no reason to exist and that's why it's dying. When there's an actual point to something, people notice that and keep using it but PM has no point, it's just more Melee. In fact, Melee players don't even like it because it fails to be another Melee. It's not even good at what it aims to be for Christ's sake. Failures all around, it'll be completely forgotten with time, a few years tops.
>>
>>320140249
It's okay. I'll have fun playing Stamina Turbo with no blast zones while you play a Mario Party clone. C:
>>
>>320138581
>which is why you can't stream pm on twitch among other things

What? You can't stream project M on twitch?
>>
>>320140441
Silly tourneyfag. There's no fun allowed in competitive play! Only flat stages with no items and the same 5 "viable" characters over and over again.
>>
>>320140691
Sounds like Tr4sh desu.
>>
>>320136919
Because Melee is better and will always be better
>>
>>320140826
Nah, Smash 4 was made with fun in mind, not autistic tourney bullshit like Project autisM
>>
>>320141054

Allstar mode as better than everything added in smash 4.
>>
>>320141054
Was it, though? It doesn't even have any fun modes. Where's Adventure? Where's the good Classic mode? Where are the minigames?
It's all fucking fighting, and nobody ever dies. How is that fun?
>>
>>320136919
They Smash community is autistic. I've never met a more autistic group of people until I discovered the "Smash scene" in my town. They treat it likes its some underground thing and fucking just play Smash to be the best. I had someone in my college class say "I want to be the greatest Smash player in the community". That was his life goal.... It's just a party game man....
>>
>>320142161
>be bad at a video game
>try to justify being bad by demeaning other people's accomplishments and goals
I think you're the autist, anon.
>>
>>320136919
Because possible legal action from one of the biggest companies in the industry, ya dingdong
>>
File: aint even mad senpai.png (159 KB, 549x437) Image search: [Google]
aint even mad senpai.png
159 KB, 549x437
>>320136919
Because the Brawl engine sucks. Why play an emulation of Melee when I got the real thing minus gimmick characters (All brawl chars) and bad game feel?
>>
>>320142318
>Wario, Diddy Kong, Ike, and Meta Knight
>gimmicky
Explain.
>>
plebs:
project M

normies:
brawl

patricians:
brawl-
>>
>PM community reject a bug fix patch and knuckles and lyn
It's probably the Smash game I find the most fun but I hope the scene dies just because the community is such a bunch of kekolds. They seriously argue against using the leaked 3.61 patch for tournaments.argument.
>>
>>320143878
They can suck a dick while I style on my friends with Lyn.
>>
>casualized baby time version of melee
>less content than smash 4

Support your own fucking game don't expect anyone else to. Nobody else gives a single fuck about this meme mod.
>>
>>320143963
>double the content of melee
>more than 5 viable characters and 90% of the cast is actually fun to play
>not boring slow shit like smash 4
>>
>>320137705
>I don't blame them for stopping but they could have set a court precedent and possibly won
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Fucking NO THEY COULD NOT HAVE. Are you shitting me? A bunch of fans going up against a corporate giant like Nintendo over distribution creation of a competing product that was built upon a product Nintendo already owned, no less? This is legally cut and dry and even if it wasn't, Nintendo has money to throw at better lawyers. It doesn't matter if PM was a free fan mod. The point is they were distributing and working on Nintendo's own assets with a product that competes, intentionally or no, with Nintendo's products AND the means of creating it was via illegal modification of Nintendo's hardware and software. There's no precedent to set here.
>giving them the rights to continue on licensed works that are no longer distributed.
But Brawl is still distributed.
>Or, they could have lost miserably and had to claim bankruptcy.
This is the guaranteed result if this goes to court and thanks to the fact that their one team member who they cut off leaked everything, they are still in hot water and there is a very real chance of it happening.
>>
>>320143521
Fart gimmick character thats a fatter gimmicky ripoff of jigglypuff
banana gimmicks
slow swordguy (probably the least gimmicky which is why you cherrypicked him)
glide faggotry and frame traps

Most of the gimmicky feel to the characters come from them being based around a horrible engine with horrible garbage tier nerfed fucking mechanics. As a result the characters feel like crap to anyone who isn't someone who plays mainly brawl.
>>
>>320137968
>>320136919
People can't legally support it unless Nintendo says so. I don't know what rock you just crawled out from under but fans have been supporting it and will continue to do so but it can't be at anything official like EVO because it violates Nintendo's policies.
>>
>>320144109
you forgot
>extremely easy inputs, my granny can SHDL with fox in project meme - this should never happen or else fox is broken
>literally ever character is a meme character with flowchart punishes and braindead combos
>largest tournament ever won by a 11 year old using game and watch meme combo
>you improve 3x faster by playing Melee, just ask Mr Lz

There is literally no reason to play pm jn this day and age
>>
>>320142161
you sound upset. have you tried .................................getting good?
>>
>>320144939
>this somehow makes the game less fun
>>
>>320141260
>and nobody ever dies
Stop playing like shit and learn to chase opponents off the edge. People are too afraid to step off the stage so they just claim WAAAAAAHHHH KILL PERCENTS ARE TOO HIGH IT'S SHIT NOBODY EVER LOSES STOCKS SO GAMES TAKE FOREVER when better players have zero issue with this because they know there's more to edge guarding than just stealing the edge before the opponent can grab it.
>>
>>320144939
>Anon, did you see how many buzzwords that guy used? He must really know his stuff! He even knows about memes!
>>
>>320144939
>extremely easy inputs
It's a good thing
>literally ever character is a meme character
no ?
>with flowchart punishes and braindead combos
The final version just has 1yo, just wait for things to be discovered
>largest tournament ever won by a 11 year old using game and watch meme combo
It's a good thing
>you improve 3x faster by playing Melee, just ask Mr Lz
Improve to do what ? Play melee ?
>>
>>320145194
by the sound of it, it's like playing marvel vs capcom, which is more fun to watch than to play
>>
>>320145310
>edge guarding
Doesn't matter when they can magnetize back onto the ledge and knock you off it for no reason.

Edge play is too risky in this game for the player on the stage.
>>
holy shit ALL smash players are fucking retarded, i hate all of you, who fucking cares? just play the game you like
>>
>>320145194
You know what's fun? Attending and watching huge Melee tournaments with sponsors and prize pools and streams on twitch.
>>
>>320145398
I find PM more fun to play and Melee more fun to watch.
>>
>>320145609
that's fine
>>
>>320145415
>Grab edge after they magnet on
>Back air

Wow so hard. Even if you don't get a hair, they're forced back onto ledge with no invincibility.
>>
>>320145609
I feel you, anon. I prefer PM because I like playing as characters like Wario and ROB, but I can appreciate some top-level Melee play.
>>
>>320145609
That's because you are a bitch. Melee is more fun when you actually put in the TIME and EFFORT to GIT GUD.
>>
>>320145717

People who get trumped are bad. It was found out how to completely stop it a year ago
>>
>>320145717
If it's so easy, why do tournament stocks still go into the hundreds?
>>
>>320144939
>There is literally no reason to play pm jn this day and age

>they reworked almost every character
>heavyweights now are fun to play as opposed to being complete shit
>added cool-ass alt costumes
>tweaked some items
>added stages
>that fucking Lucario rework
>Wario finally has his actual shoulder charge
>Squirtle Ivysaur and Charizard are actual characters now and not hindered by each other

PM is the most fun Smash game available at the moment.
>>
File: 1431065192751.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1431065192751.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>320136919
>gamers who financially support

where the fuck is this unicorn at? never seen one
>>
>>320145601
no, playing video games is.
>>
>>320136919
>how come people don't support the same things i do
>>
>>320144368
>This is legally cut and dry
No its not. PM is distributed through the sd card. The data on the sd card is a product of the PMDT and nintendo cannot tell them to cease when the do not own the product the PMDT is distributing.
The modification is also not illegal. It takes advantage of a buffer overflow but its not illegal to take advantage of what a game has to offer.
The issue is that PM tried to pass itself off as a separate game rather than a mod or just data that could mod Brawl. Nintendo has every right to tell them that they dont have the right to use their IP.
>>
>>320136919
It's the smash community. What do you expect? Now to play a real fighting game. Even sakurai said it was a party game and didn't want people to get competitive with the game.
>>
>>320145370
>"Yeah, my main focus has been Melee the past 9 months which imo got me better in PM faster. I main Marth. Thanx!"

>"I got better 3x as fast playing Melee"

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3k53u9/im_mrlz_winner_of_paragon_pm_singles_ama/
>>
>>320145949
I said attending you fucking dumbass
>>
>>320146265
If that was true then he wouldn't have beaten people like Lucky and m2k who have been playing melee as long as he's been alive.
>>
>>320145865
lol who cares pm is banned from twitch and all major tournaments. What's the point when you can just play the superior competitive game that actually has tournaments and improve faster at smash than you ever would playing project meme.
>>
File: 1416571690202.gif (2 MB, 270x435) Image search: [Google]
1416571690202.gif
2 MB, 270x435
>>320146820
>lol who cares pm is banned from twitch and all major tournaments.
I didn't know, and neither do I care

>What's the point when you can just play the superior competitive game that actually has tournaments and improve faster at smash than you ever would playing project meme.
having fun, of course, it takes too much effort to get to extreme levels on Melee (though I have no issues with playing Melee, or other people playing Melee, and I enjoy watching Melee competitive)
>>
Were they begging for money or something?
>>
>>320147114
> it takes too much effort to get to extreme levels on Melee
This is why melee players dont like PM. Its just a watered down version of Melee for casuals.
>>
File: 1441855499210.jpg (18 KB, 300x385) Image search: [Google]
1441855499210.jpg
18 KB, 300x385
>>320145601
>>320146820
>muh twitch
The best thing about videogames isn't playing them, it's showing everyone online I did.
>>
>>320147312
>everything below Melee is completely casual
now you're just falseflagging, anon
>>
>>320146490
If you watch Lz play Melee he is actually shit. He won Paragon because he abused the everloving fuck out of a broken meme character. By winning in the manner that he did, he caused irreversable damage to project m's credibility as a competitive game.
>>
>>320147312
honestly I think that's what the series needed
it's a shame that a mod did it instead of Sakurai and that Sakurai watered the series down to the extreme.
>>
>>320136919
>handful of dedicated people supported it
>nintendo's inevitable interjection
Glad i didn't get into it to only have it stopped
It's like people don't use their heads
>>
>>320136919
Still mad your mod died?
No one cares because all you did was shove glitches into brawl.
>>
>>320136919
The only reason this was ever alive was Smash 4 hype. People needed something to play while waiting for it to come out.
>>
>>320147339
sorry you don't have any tournaments to go to for your dead meme mod.
>>
File: 1450050278386.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
1450050278386.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>320136919
>not making any of the tools they create open source

>Get hit by the law

>forced to shut down

>community can't keep making Project M

>TFW PMDT wanted a monopoly on a mod
>>
>>320136919
PMfags on scuicide watch
>>
Project BM wuz flushed. lawlz all aroun
>>
>>320148926
Only reason it was ever alive was because Brawl was hot garbage. Notice the lack of notoriety of Melee mods.
>>
File: Gruntilda bad end.jpg (12 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Gruntilda bad end.jpg
12 KB, 210x240
>>320149713
well, they made it, so in my opinion they have the right to do what they want with it (so long as they don't make profit, since then it goes into legal problems with Ninty... well, unless they want lawsuits up their ass, of course)

though the source leaked anyways after they shut it down, didn't it?
>>
>>320143906
Is there a somewhat finished version of her somewhere around or is it only the dev build?
>>
>>320144629
It was at paragon this year and has been at other big tournaments like CEO and Apex. Pretty sure the main problem is that twitch doesn't want to pick it up but other streaming services like hitbox have streamed it. The developers made clear that they ended PM by their own will and not because Nintendo forced them to.

As for the rock analogy, I discredited the authenticity of the mod before because the developers were constantly tweaking moves, physics, frame data, etc. This did not allow for people to just fully learn everything about the game like a 14 year old melee as they would always have to find out what's different since the last update. There's more of an argument that the mod is a legitimate game now because people can sit on it and fully learn everything about it.

As for the fan base pm was never too big
>>
>>320140274
Its like 7 inputs over 70 frames babby
>>
Well, OP, it's not well known in casual circles, and the idea of it being a no-fun-allowed nerf-fest version of an otherwise fun series is a bitter pill.
>>
>>320150131
Brawl IS what a melee mod would be. That's why there's a lack of them. Only meleequeers are anal enough to re-program the way a game works anyways, all just to make it melee again when Melee's still right there.

Was it for more characters? Then why was Fox still made top tier and Bowser and others uselessly crippled just like in melee? It's the ultimate proof that melee manchilds are like a virus that just want to turn everything else into the exact same melee game because it's unacceptable to let something different exist.
>>
>>320150476
>it's like
>not exactly
Kinda makes a difference in the actual amount given, you shit-slinging monkey.
>>
>>320150706
>anal
ANAL
LIKE AN ASSHOLE DUDE
>>
>>320150692
>casual circles
You mean the greater outside world, where it's known as Project: BAWWWWW MUH MELEE
>>
File: brawl-.png (183 KB, 853x262) Image search: [Google]
brawl-.png
183 KB, 853x262
Superior mod coming through
>still alive unlike PM
>dat hitstun
>absolutely cuhrayzee
>>
>>320150951
If that's all you can come up with then I did a good job with that post and you admit defeat.
>>
>>320150706
Lol P:M has way more viable characters than Melee what are you on about?
Even Bowser would be Ganondorf in Melee tier.
>>
>>320151175
Is the sloppy animations poor balance and glitchy random freezing what you meant when you said "cuhrayee"?
>>
>>320151175
Yep. Best Smash mod right here
>>
>>320151259
Has Ganondorf ever won a big melee tourney? No? Is this not a failure to properly balance? Yes, it is a failure.
>>
>>320151418
When did I ever say Melee was balanced? People don't play Melee because it's balanced.
They play it because it is fast, tech heavy and has fun gameplay.
P:M is more balanced but not perfect. Expecting perfect balance is silly.
>>
>>320151082
I did mean the greater outside world, but they're not even aware it exists. It's the middle ground, people like us, that know it as MUH MELEE.
>>
File: 1313364466470.png (24 KB, 174x176) Image search: [Google]
1313364466470.png
24 KB, 174x176
>>320136919
because its just a mod
i'd support the developers if they made something original and could actually make money of of something, but they will never make money off this and just playing more of a mod is useless when there are more games to play that actually will benefit from people playing it
>>
I've been away for a few days

Are the ex-PMDT fags still being crybaby cunts? Gimme all the recent juicy drama.
>>
>>320140681
you can but you can't have a sub button
>>
>>320151853
Keep that goalpost movin' at the speed of light m8
>>
>>320152109
PMDT said they were being sued but then... WOWITSFUCKINGNOTHING and I'm pretty disappointed at the non-habbening
>>
>>320150706
>Only meleequeers are anal enough to re-program the way a game works anyways
you heard it here, folks: The only people who modify games are Melee fanboys
TF2? Made by Mew2king
Every Skyrim mod? Classic Mango
>>
>>320136919
because its not a serious fighting game. Despite what you think, Smash is 99% casual kids. They aren't gonna care about this or even know what it is
>>
>game is out for a while
>mod comes out for game
>next game comes out
>people go to next game

It's not really hard. People stuck with melee because that's what they want, or people moved to sm4sh because that's what they want.

If nobody's sticking with PM, maybe it's because that's not what any of them wanted.
>>
>playing any form of smash
>autists even tried making it like melee
>still a casual piece of shit
amazing
>>
>>320136919
It was really fun. It was almost as competitive as Melee sans the shitty end lag. Too bad the devs were a bunch of weaboos adding whatever to the game.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.