[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Year 2015 Year Total 43,451 Damn. You know I expected Yokai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 53118476_p11.png (546 KB, 914x1090) Image search: [Google]
53118476_p11.png
546 KB, 914x1090
>Year 2015 Year Total 43,451

Damn. You know I expected Yokai Watch to not sell as much as in Japan, but not to this extent.

What happened?
>>
Dead on /v/ too.
>>
File: 53373863_p13_master1200.jpg (95 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
53373863_p13_master1200.jpg
95 KB, 600x530
>>320134986
sequel fucking never

i want busters god damn it
>>
Ghosts all look retarded. No one to fap to.
>>
Poor advertising, not getting the toys and game out before the show, releasing in a period packed with AAA stuff, relying on a TV broadcast instead of also having it watchable on Youtube for free and when they did start doing that making it limited time things
>>
>>320134986
shitty designs and even worse gameplay. I can't believe there were idiots out there who thought it would even be a fraction as big as pokemon
>>
>>320137082

>no one to fap to
>>
File: nigger emoji.png (112 KB, 390x384) Image search: [Google]
nigger emoji.png
112 KB, 390x384
>there are people who actually thought this would kill Pokemon
>>
>>320137745
They were just shitposters and people disgruntled with the modern direction of Pokemon, even though the direction hasn't actually changed much at all.

I hope.
>>
>>320137745
>there are people who actually believed that some people thought this would kill pokemon
>>
It's selling as well as Pokemon should.
>>
>>320134986
>Cheeksqueek pokemon with an ass for a face
>smelly little old man pokemon
>instead of pikachu the main character is white niggerlips Slimer

i don't get the appeal other than it looking kind of similar artstyle-wise to Inazuma 11 which I understand is similarly popular in japan

but really no one should be surprised, this game is so japanese i am not surprised kids in the west could give less of a fuck

the kids who did buy it were probably expecting Pokemon and then got... not that
>>
How well it's faring to inazuma eleven anyway?
>>
>>320138829

*compared to
>>
>>320138829
Way outsells it in Japan, not out in the EU yet to compare there.
>>
I found the anime rather repulsive

Second Episode is nothing but the Female character telling her friends that MC took a smelly shit

And I was watching the English version. Mangimutt story was lame as well and only Komajiro is any good despite the fact I don't know what his Yokai power is

>"Oh my swirls"
>>
>>320139404
>animes of video games arent good

wow, next youre going to me movies based on books are shit too?
>>
>>320134986
Because Cowboy Mountain Dew Big Boobs Clapathon wouldn't do well in Japan.
>>
File: 1447114970497.jpg (35 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1447114970497.jpg
35 KB, 500x378
>>320137745
Digimon and Yugioh were the only things close to killing Pokemon. But they both fucked up after their first seasons airing in the US.
>>
>>320139941
Pokemon got popular because of the anime. It also wasn't shit. At least in America.
>>
>>320137586
Gachi is cheating, he makes everything look fappable, even ugly shit like Adventure Tim.
>>
>>320139941

I said repulsive, I didn't say it was bad. There are a lot of parts I don't want to watch but there are some over the top moments that I kinda wanted to actually see what 4kids would have done

Also, That fucking opening rap. What the fuck does it even mean?

>"Nate say Hey Yo no. Whisper go cracka-lacka-Boom-boom"
>"There's more Yo-kai then taters in Idaho, Like cheeksqueek and his popo"

Then it half way turns into a fucking love ballad that has no relevance to the show about how one character is sad and dead and doesn't have a family like the other kids.

Plus, Half the plots sound like frog posters childhoods.

>"When I was in Grade 4, Girl I liked wouldn't stop talking about this shit I took"
>"I once tried to be cool by volunteering us for every job, but my friends beat me up over it
>>
>>320140716
This, but his newer art lost all the heart he put in before he got popular on deviantart and thus in contect with Slugbox.
>>
>>320134986
It sold about the same in Japan before they forced it down everyones throats. Things with brand backing and advertisement sell on the 3DS because most owners are young kids who need to be told what's good.

Most 3DS games are shit, this one was no exception.
>>
>>320140467

Yu-Gi-Oh was close but Digimon wasn't even remotely. Pokemon's success was the massive success of a three part marketing campaign between its videogame, card game and anime. It wasn't just a multi-media franchise it was a leading brand in them.

Digimon's videogames were a flop and their card games were an even bigger flop. Yu-Gi-Oh stumbled because only some of its games were good but its card game was fantastic. Pokemon couldn't just be unseated by a franchise that just has a good anime and nothing else.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.