[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you buy a wii u if they made a Melee HD? Be honest.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
Would you buy a wii u if they made a Melee HD? Be honest.
>>
Already own one, but if they released a melee edition wii u, fuck yes. Not a bundle, but a limited edition system, yes.
>>
>>320125320
i got melee, why i would want anotther
>>
Melee was great. I'd love to be able to play it again since I sold my gc and wii
>>
>>320125839
higher res, few nicely added things like final destination on maps, even more maps, etc. just bonus shit.
>>
>>320125320
For new characters stages and suported multiplayer?
Yes.
>>
File: 24234234.jpg (44 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
24234234.jpg
44 KB, 500x461
>>320125320
I already have a Wii U.
I can play Melee on it since I modded it, so what's the fucking point of a HD Melee?
>>
yes but only if they fixed the bugs/glitches/outdated game feel to match the superior wii u version. truth be told the only thing worth salvaging from melee are the ice climbers and poke floats. dont be fooled by the lies!
>>
>>320125320
>no Ganondorf on the cover

no
>>
I already own a wii u, but yeah I would have if I didn't already have one.

Would also buy an NX for the same reason.
>>
I'd laugh if they did release an HD version of Melee, but they did some bug fixing first.
>>
>HD Melee with all of the SSB4 newcomers
I would literally jerk off
>>
>>320125320

Fox vs Falco vs Marth vs Jiggly the game

naw
>>
>>320126047
online multiplayer
>>
File: 1362940187583.gif (673 KB, 475x350) Image search: [Google]
1362940187583.gif
673 KB, 475x350
>>320125970
bullshit, i prefer a new smash game rather than a remake of melee. Meleefags are the worst
>>
If they did, they wouldn't leave a bug like wavedashing in the game this time around.
>>
>game which is outdated by two generations
>only one viable character in the entire roster
>must exploit glitches in order to play at tournament level

Yeah, I'd cream myself.
>>
>>320125320
>Melee HD
>Online patches
>No more wobbling, no more 20xx
On the one hand I would actually watch Melee again, but on the other wobbling is really fun to watch
>>
>>320125320
Why would a rerelease of an old game make me buy a new console? That makes no sense. 135
>>
>same old characters

nope
>>
>>320126765

It works on ps4.
>>
>>320126491

No shit, we all would. But we're not getting a game with an Iwata level of finesse and fun anymore, especially with samurai "smash tour" darkpit at the helm.
>>
We already have Dolphin and Anther's, what would the point of this be? Keep in mind Nintendo's online is somehow even worse than cobbled together shit by a bunch of amateurs.
>>
What if they made it... But "fixed" the bugs

Or what if they made it... But rebalanced characters
>>
Melee is a buggy mess, so no
>>
>no more 20XXTE type replays
>if anything is changed 20XX hack pack is useless

how about no
>>
>>320126927
Then it wouldn't be Melee, and if it's not Melee it's shit.
>>
>>320125320
only if theres balance changes

>>320125839
>>320126047
dont need crts, and online
>>
>>320125320
If they have to make "bugfixes", at least leave in a Classic or Tournament-style game play mode where the mechanics are still intact to the PAL version at the very least.
>>
File: toph and armada.png (420 KB, 469x474) Image search: [Google]
toph and armada.png
420 KB, 469x474
>>320127408
>online
it's not even worth it considering how bad it is in Smash 4

>wanting balance changes
if you change it too much it isn't melee
>>
>>320126927

>official release of melee SD remix
>netplay
>dlc characters announced

Nintendo's too stuck up to ever do anything that'd make the people who actually play their games this happy
>>
>>320125320
I'd imagine people would complain how they'd fix the bugs they called mechanics
>>
Only if they put in all the newcomers from Brawl and 4, added all the new stages and adjusted their blast zones, added all the new music, added all the Events from Brawl and 4, and expanded Adventure mode to have most stages from more franchises.
>>
>>320125320
I wouldn't buy it because I don't want to fuck up my hands any more and smash 4 is actually fun and underrated, but I think it should exist.

I just feel sorry for those poor guys lugging CRTs around and it kind of sucks when there's big tournaments on stream and source quality is fucking 480p with HD player cams or whatever.
>>
>>320127732
Topkek. Since when are Meleefags considered "people who actually play their games"? How many Nintendo games do you think the average Meleefag owns? How many Nintendo games do you think they buy per year? I don't think any of the top players can even be considered Nintendo fans. I actually remember Mango specifically saying he isn't a fan.
>>
>>320129093
Also it should be based on the latest PAL version.
>>
>>320125320
Why would I want Melee HD if Smash 4 is better and has better characters?
>>
>>320127408

not needing a CRT is basically the most important thing

Melee is on borrowed time
>>
File: ebin.png (303 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
303 KB, 600x600
>>320126491
>Brawl 3.0 no new mechanics but still carrying engine/physics/mechanics from 4 and browl
>>
>>320128802
no one calls the Pokemon Stadium bugs "mechanics"
>>
Melee was a fucking ugly game and would look worse in HD.
>>
Nintendo's shitty online trying to handle the input speed of Melee would be fucking horrendous so if we ever were to get a remake it wouldn't be AT LEAST until the next console generation for that reason alone.
>>
>>320125320
If it was released before Smash U maybe, Brawl was always kind of weird.
>>
>>320129127

Since when was this even about the hardcore melee crowd? I just want to see a smash game that isn't a rehash of brawl's overly defensive gameplay. It could be an HD remix of 64 for all I care.
>>
Smash is and was always a fucking party game.
Meleefags have only convinced themselves that it's a serious competitive fighter by exploiting bugs, banning all items and most stages.
It's like arguing that Pokemon is a racing game if you just use repels the whole time and somehow bypass all trainer battles.

Meleefags would not buy it, because in order to sell the game to ANYBODY else, Nintendo would have to fix the physics bugs and rebalance the roster to make more than just Fox viable.
>>
File: sf2gameplay.jpg (90 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
sf2gameplay.jpg
90 KB, 604x453
>>320130335

And what is a "fighting game"? Games with a thousand of combos? Fuck you.

>pic related
This is a very competitive game, just like Smash.
>>
>>320125320

No, give me a Melee-esque mode for Smash 4. Restore general melee physics and give all characters special melee properties or some shit.

It would make total sense as part of the last DLC, and with Project M being shut down.
>>
>>320130335
fucking. yawn.
>>
>>320125320
if they made a patch for sm4sh to play like melee I would play it, but probably wouldnt buy one since I've already played and beaten most games on it
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.