[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 6016.png (155 KB, 659x726) Image search: [Google]
6016.png
155 KB, 659x726
What went wrong?
>>
>>320124924
Streamlining dialogue and roleplaying option, uninteresting story and focus fully on Minecrafta.

If the actual game was better the extensive crafting would be an icing on the cake, as of now its just shitty affair waiting for modders to add more pointless autismbait.
>>
File: UIuC_grsFb8.webm (961 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
UIuC_grsFb8.webm
961 KB, 1280x720
>>320124924
>>
The game is basically Skyrim with guns. I know people joked about this with Fallout 3, but at least that had something to differentiate it from Oblivion.
The infinite quests are even more obnoxious this time around, leveling is a joke, dialog is ass and since the world is so fucking jam-packed it lacks any sense of distance.
>>
It turns out people become easily disappointed when they're made to believe that a game is the second coming of christ.
>>
File: 1449201506285.png (616 KB, 572x674) Image search: [Google]
1449201506285.png
616 KB, 572x674
>>320125765
>>
>>320124924
Bethesda got way too comfortable with the idea of continuously simplifying and half assing their games, and people are finally realizing that.
>>
>>320126194

>muh empty open world
>muh run across it in 11 minutes
>muh jam-packed too much to do

God damn /v/ is hilarious

Pick your argument against Bethesda's open world, let no one be satisfied!
>>
It seems every bethesda release is easier and more poorly done than the one before it. I fear for es6. Fix it tod
>>
>>320124924

They literally both have the same engine
>>
>>320124924
>Read negative reviews
>Half are published on release day at 12:05 saying the game is generic trash
>most reviews don't indicate in any detail with their issues besides it's casual and streamline

I find it more sad how people just spam negative reviews since many accounts the guy posts the same review on every edition of the game, then they have only reviewed 3 games total, all AAA negative reviews, or one positive review for some indie game.
>>
Fallout 3 was worse but it was their first attempt at a 3D fallout
>>
>>320127138
And at least half the positive reviews are "ignore the negative review"
>>
>>320127346
Pretty much. It's why I find it stupid how /v/ latches on metacritic user reviews for any major AAA game as an indication how it is. For smaller titles it seems fine, but with a massive AAA game it's a load of shit.
>>
>>320126634
>/v/ is only one person
Get fucked. I actually liked the world of Skyrim, that had proper sense of distance to it. Fallout 4 could use some big open plains, instead of it all being full of small hills that obstruct your view.
>>
>>320126634
>muh jam-packed too much to do
I don't think anyone has ever said this.

In any case, it's not weird that people have different opinions.
>>
Well for one you can't really side with anyone outside the scope of individual quests. If you hear about a quest you have no option to say no or "maybe later".

The dialogue tree is extremely simplified to the point where making all of the lines visible HIGHLIGHTS how the writing directs you on a linear path. Future replays are going to be boring because of this.

Because there is no definite ending people may play until they are bored with it or can find nothing else to do. Fallout 3 had closure and so people found it more fun.

I also think that the meme-bait teddybears and skeleton jokes around the place suck. Jeez. Just keep the really good ones, don't over do it with all the weird crap.
>>
>>320127640

You mean like the guy in this thread that said this
>>
>>320126634

On that note I was watching someone play it on the PS4 and the dang towns shouldn't pop-in. He was walking across a bridge and heading for wide open hills when a town decided to suddenly exist right in the way. It was a bummer. The PC with a greater view distance is the best option by far.
>>
>>320124924

4 was way fucking better than 3

still nowhere near as good as new vegas
>>
>>320128118

Skyrim was fucking awful about this on consoles.

It's amazing how much has changed - FO4 is technologically superior to older Bethesda games in so many ways but still inferior to what we should expect from a AAA dev with millions to spend.

The moment of realization for me was last night - after twenty hours I finally entered diamond city, and not a single conversation went off without the NPC bugging out and wandering off, or glitching through something. I went to the Cabot house to follow jack Cabot up to the insane asylum, and on the way he got stuck walking into a tree. He ran off into the woods to kill a bloatfly for no reason. The game spawned a fucking legendary assaultron 3/4 of the way there that wrecked my shit. I said fuck it and quick travelled up there. It's awesome that legendary enemies show up sometimes when you're getting around the Wasteland. It's not awesome when you're in the middle of another fucking quest.
>>
>>320128442

Don't wanna be that guy but new vegas didn't win any goty awards and also got a 84 metacritic

Reviewers were shitty but what can you do
>>
>>320124924
Turns out you can't put together a WRPG in a year to recoup your losses
>>
>>320128079
>>320127640
To clarify, I don't mind that there's much to do. It's that everything is so fucking close to everything, you can't walk half a minute without coming across an interest point.
I'm sure some people like this, but I'd like open worlds to feel like actual worlds, not just sandboxes with shit to do strewn about.
>>
>>320128713

goty awards and review scores mean jack shit

fallout 3 is a shitty game. at least im having fun in 4 even though its exteremely flawed
>>
No Games for Windows Live
>>
>>320128878

Well I mean

It's fucking Boston

Even after 200 years there'd still be a LOT of shit in Boston.
>>
>>
>>320124924
>fo3 91
>fo4 84
mankind tastes, that's what went wrong
>>
People expect more out of an WRPG after playing Witcher 3. Simple as that
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.