[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I-i-it's not like I l-l-like you or anything, stupid h-h-hacker!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: SHODAN_hires[1].jpg (46 KB, 385x414) Image search: [Google]
SHODAN_hires[1].jpg
46 KB, 385x414
I-i-it's not like I l-l-like you or anything, stupid h-h-hacker!

>system shock 3 thread
>>
File: SmilingChildrenNotIncluded.jpg (111 KB, 650x499) Image search: [Google]
SmilingChildrenNotIncluded.jpg
111 KB, 650x499
>>320121468
It's probably going to be awful. But lets just pretend that for at least this one thread they won't fuck it up.
>>
>>320121583
First post in, already some wishful thinking.
>>
>>320121635
Wishful thinking that it will be awful?
>>
>>320121583
Think about it, Bioshock was supposed to be SS spiritual succesor, and guess what? It was 4/10 at best. And now, we are going to get watered down Bimboshock. No thanks.
>>
>>320121841
Bioshock series has it's moments. In addition I don't think the same studio is working on the new SS game.
>>
File: 1442909662462.jpg (137 KB, 900x678) Image search: [Google]
1442909662462.jpg
137 KB, 900x678
>>320121468

shodan is 2cute
>>
>>320121841
Isn't this the first stab at a new video game for this company?

We might like what we get, it seems they're huge fans of old games. I'm cautiously optimistic
>>
File: 1394393526248.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1394393526248.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>320121976

Well if anything the system shock remake they are making looks like it might stay pretty faithful to the original

As far as SS3 goes, yeah lets hope they dont fuck it up but the probably will
>>
>>320121468

They're likely going multiplat which means streamlined casual shit

If it's pc first it stands a chance at being decent
>>
>>320121468
>wanting SS3 after what happened to BS:I and Thi4f

fuck off familia
>>
More like SJW Shock 3
>>
I like fps horror games (F.E.A.R. for example), should I play SS2?
If I do, should I play SS1 before?
>>
>>320122107
I'd imagine the worst we will likely get is more of the same old SS. Although shinier and with the sharp lighting that games seem to love as of late.

>>320122208

See

>>320121989
>>
>>320122304

yeah the lighting in the pictures theyve shown in the SS1 remake looks pretty weird, lots of unnecessary effects but hopefully you can just turn it off
>>
>>320122385
Yeah, it's all about baked on effects and sexy ass sharp light shafts. I actually love them.
>>
>>320121989
They're not fans of the old games, a bunch of them were developers on them. In five minutes of googling I see these people who worked on old SS or Thief:
Steve Pearsall, Tim Stellmach, Paul Neurath, Robb Waters, Chris Siegel, Jim Berry. Then there's not confirmed for SS3, but working on a different game with them: Stephen Russell and Terri Brosius. And Warren Spector is somehow distantly connected to it. Which is most of the company, and one of the other people were a concept artist for Bioshock games.

The catch is that nothing they've actually shown about their other game is particularly awe inspiring. But, they've said a lot of the right things about it and at least know what made their old games good. And there's a long way to go with that game so I'm going to wait and see how it goes.
>>
>>320122474

you lucky bastard
i hate that shit
>>
>>320122296
SS1 has a pretty bad UI. But it's playable if you get around it. Enemies can scare the shit out of you pretty bad if they sneak up on you alot. It's not really hard though.

SS2 is a must play if you like horror FPS along with Blood.
>>
File: MagicRealm12.jpg (19 KB, 212x254) Image search: [Google]
MagicRealm12.jpg
19 KB, 212x254
>>320122594
Volumetric clouds, and dynamic lighting are my fetish. Especially when they are used to contrast dark areas
>>
I've never actually played System Shock? Is it worth playing? I hear a lot of praise for 2, but it wouldn't feel right playing 2 before 1. How does 1 hold up?
>>
>>320122841
Great if you can into non-standard controls and UI.
>>
>panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
d-d-does she want me to stick it in her interface port?
>>
>>320121841
> Bioshock 1
> 4/10

Now you're just being silly
>>
>>320122582
For reference, some of them are in this old Thief 2 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTwrEfES5Q4
>>
>>320122956
Nah
>>
>>320122907
How non-standard are we talking? UI I can deal with but some non-standard controls are literally impossible for me. I only have 1 hand.
>>
>>320122956
She wants to stick her "laser sword" in your "butthole" ifyougetwhatimsaying wink wink
>>
>>320123157
Dunno if it will even be possible. I mean you should try though the games are fantastic. Also how the heck do you play games with one hand? Do you have a special peripheral device?
>>
>>320123291
I tape a stick to my stump.
>>
>>320123157
Well, it's non standard in a way that I think everything can be controlled using only the mouse. So it might take some getting used to but it should work out.
>>
>>320123379

> PegArm has joined the server
>>
Alright /v/. My guess is that these guys got back together and wanted to make a new game but couldn't do it on reputation alone, so no investors bit. So they pulled up System Shock and now their benefactors want them to pull this teaser shit to guage public interest.

If they were going to do a kickstarter I don't think they'd be so fucking coy about it.
>>
>>320123379
you ever looked at special controllers like Ben Heck's access controller?

I'm sure there was a one-armed guy who used to win Halo 2 tournaments with a normal controller
>>
>>320121468
I just wish they only give graphic overhaul and better inventory management for SS2
>>
They put out a press release about it, which confirm Terri Brosius

>OtherSide Entertainment, the development studio behind the upcoming fantasy RPG Underworld Ascendant, is excited to officially announce development on System Shock 3, the sequel to the landmark System Shock series.

>Last week, OtherSide posted a teaser website (www.othersidetease.com) with cryptic lettering hinting at a new game. Internet hackers quickly cracked the site, prematurely revealing the game’s title. As part of the fun, series’ AI antagonist SHODAN appeared to mock the hackers with new taunts each day.

>On the updated teaser site today, fans can hear popular voice actress Terri Brosius (System Shock 1 & 2, Dishonored) reprise her role as the voice of SHODAN and see an early peek at the evolving ‘next generation’ look of the character by artist Robb Waters.

>Key members of the original System Shock and System Shock 2 teams will be part of the sequel. This includes Paul Neurath, who oversaw the original series’ development; Nate Wells, a senior artist on System Shock 2; and Waters, the lead concept artist of both original games.

>The path to bring the System Shock franchise forward was long and winding. Several years back, OtherSide secured the exclusive IP rights to all future versions of the franchise. Only recently, through partnership with Night Dive Studios, who owns the System Shock trademark, did OtherSide get the rights to use the System Shock name for the sequel.

>System Shock 3 is currently in the early concept stages of development. Fans can register on the teaser site (http://www.othersidetease.com/sss) to receive updates as they become available.
>>
File: crystalsbig.jpg (601 KB, 1583x1023) Image search: [Google]
crystalsbig.jpg
601 KB, 1583x1023
I am honestly really excited and hopeful for this new version as well as the Remastering of SS1. SS2 is up there as one of my favorite games and what they've said but SS3 and 1 and whose onboard leads me to be cautiously optimistic.

Plus it looks like they're gonna include VR support for SS3.
>>
File: 1371256796101.jpg (43 KB, 444x604) Image search: [Google]
1371256796101.jpg
43 KB, 444x604
>>320121841
>At best
>4/10
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.