[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /v/erdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Rainbow-Six-Siege1.jpg (57 KB, 477x674) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow-Six-Siege1.jpg
57 KB, 477x674
What's the /v/erdict?
>>
Good but ultimately DoA.
>>
>>320111190
>but ultimately DoA

How so?
>>
It's fun but I don't see the multiplayer scene lasting very long unfortunately which really is a shame.
>>
>>320111074
Basically this.
Good core gameplay, but eveything that surrounds it weighs it down. It's multiplayer only, but 60 dollars. When you compete with CSGO and Insurgency and these are available for under 20 dollars, people will be hesitant.

And then there's the shitty netcode, but they are apparently fixing that. Still, there are many more problems and ultimately I can't see it surviving. Ubisoft doesn't really have a track record of keeping multiplayer communities alive for a long time.

Watch SuperBunnyHop's vid, it's pretty good.
>>
>60 dollar multiplayer only game

I'm sure it will have a massive community
>>
>>320111074
I can only speak from playing the beta but pretty much like >>320111340 says, it's a fantastic game from what I played it has its issues (some of which didn't get fixed from the transition from beta to launch).

Also it's pretty fucked for a $60 dollar multiplayer only game to have such shit netcode. It HAS to be fixed.
>>
>>320111316
There isn't that many people playing and the people who are will jump ship to something else soon enough. This would have made an excellent digital title for like $30.
>>
>>320111074

Neat but not enough to justify 60 bucks pricetag, the game is gonna join Evolve a few months after release.
>>
It's the worst rainbow six in the series so far
>>
>>320111483
>There isn't that many people playing

learn math then
>>
File: listen up you little shit.jpg (118 KB, 748x395) Image search: [Google]
listen up you little shit.jpg
118 KB, 748x395
>>320113071
This is the first rainbow six game. I've never heard of Rainbow Six before and there is no number attached to it so it must be the first.
>>
File: 1393044941005.png (179 KB, 398x344) Image search: [Google]
1393044941005.png
179 KB, 398x344
>>320111074

>60 dollars

>Uses Uplay

Yeah, it can go fuck itself.
>>
>>320111340
>insurgency

ahahahaha

what a shitty example

less people play that garbage than rainbow six despite being fraction of the price
>>
>>320111340

if CS would be released now as a new game, it would be dead in days
>>
I hate it how you can't have a game with an alive online community anymore unless you're Valve or Blizzard, I dont know what the hell happened but its frustrating as fuck.
>>
>>320111074

Overpriced so I won't be playing it for awhile.
>>
>tfw I got it for free from Nvidia promo
>tfw want to actually try it before it dies
>tfw still can't be arsed
>>
It takes a shit on the Rainbow Six franchise

Still an okay MP shooter though. 60 bucks for online-only Uplay though, nah
>>
>>320113707
Normies never experienced it as it was before their time thus they don't care.

If it doesn't have persistent stats, a friends list or a one-click matchmaking button they don't care.
>>
i hear a lot of complaints about the netcode.
>>
>>320111340
Siege isn't competing with CS:GO.

Insurgency is basically a dead game anyways so I'm not sure where you're going with that one.
>>
>>320111074
Played the open beta and bought the game at G2A for an acceptable price. $60 is way too much for this.
The game currently suffers from a bad hit registration. For example if you pick a class with a shield (Fuze, Blitz, Montagne), equip the shield and strafe left and right, the shield's hitbox gets updated much later than your own, making it possible for enemies to shoot you by hitting your shield.
Another issue is a player-body-glitch (similar to BF4) where an enemy is seemingly looking away from you only to instantly look into your direction and OHK you.
The tickrate from player to server is set at 60Hz, however the servers only update with 30Hz.
These issues are supposedly going to get fixed with a mid-december patch. At least they acknowledged these issues in a recent AMA so I have higher hopes for this game than for DICE's disaster that was (and still is) BF4.
As for the gamemodes, the three modes are a bit lackluster. And thanks to matchmaking you can't even choose what you would like to play. But it doesn't matter anyway, since most matches end as TDM anyway.
All in all, if you like Counterstrike with less AWPing and destructible environments you should give this game a try. No other game currently lets you
>OPERATAN
>BREACHAN
>FLASHBANGAN
>ENEMIES KILLAN
>HOSTAGE SAVAN
>BOMB DEFUSAN
>DOMINATAN
as well as
>WALL REINFORCAN
>DOOR BARRICADAN
>TRAP SETAN
>HOSTAGE BAITAN
>>
>>320113561
Not him, but I played Insurgency a lot in the past, not so much now. I'd be surprised if Siege has less active players, considering how new it is, but Insurgency had a good amount of active players for a fairly long time. I can't see Siege lasting as long. Not to mention that Insurgency is the better game. Siege has some great mechanics, though.
>>
File: 1410748916503.png (781 KB, 968x758) Image search: [Google]
1410748916503.png
781 KB, 968x758
>>320111074
It's actually good, against all the odds.

Ubisoft managed to hit a solid core formula, even if there's lots of peripheral bullshit surrounding it.
>>
>playing ranked
>server disconnects me
>'you can't play ranked because you abandoned your last ranked match'
ah yes, very impressive
>>
>>320114274
>basically dead
>multiple full servers at any given time

alright man
>>
More than half of the games i've played started as a 4v5. Matchmaking is just broken.

Also if you play this game prepare to be frustrated a lot. Headshots are instakills no matter the weapon, spray and pray and random bullets killed me a shitload of times.
This plus shit netcode, it's a solid game if they can patch these bt for now its broken.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.