[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait. This is how most people got to the secret exit of cheese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: smw_cheesebridge.jpg (13 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
smw_cheesebridge.jpg
13 KB, 256x224
Wait.

This is how most people got to the secret exit of cheese bridge area? By sacrificing Yoshi? Not by actually using the cape and doing a parable flight maneuver?

Even official guides told people to use Yoshi to get there.

I feel disappointed in humanity right now.
>>
I used cape
Huh, didn't even consider Yoshi tbqh
>>
>>320096746
Whats retarded is that before the internet was a thing, being the younger brother I played through SMW and my mom would sometimes occasionally watch. Even she mentioned that you could do the cape trick, and the only games she EVER played to my knowledge are SMW and SF2.

How the fuck did so many people overlook that once they saw how the cape worked?
>>
Looks like someone doesn't have the emotional skill required to sacrifice Yoshi.
>>
>>320097106
Dismount your Yoshi or nuke Dinosaur Land.
>>
Why would you care about Yoshi? The game throws so many dinosaur eggs at you that jumping off of them is inconsequential. Yoshis are expendable.
>>
>>320096746
I used the cape. Using Yoshi never even occurred to me.
>>
>>320096746

I think I used a blue yoshi and flew over there.

killing yoshis is a crime.
>>
Thats way easier, im retarded for not thinking it, i spent so much time trying to do the cape trick
>>
>>320096994

It took me like 10 years to learn how to fly with the game correctly.

I wish game mechanics were that tricky these days.
>>
>>320096746

I feel so dumb right now
>>
>>320097349
>not being a 6 year old and being sentimental about the yoshi you've had for 3 stages now
>>
>>320096746
I tried with the cape for a half hour. There was always some gimmick with the saws or last minute fuck up that forced me to use Yoshi.
>>
>>320096746

I've 100% the game before and I don't know how to sacrifice yoshi. Don't even remember this stage.
>>
>>320096746
I'm calling bullshit.
My mom, dad, aunt, and brothers all did the cape trick, none of us ever though of using Yoshi.
>>
>>320097106
>>320097349

You didn't get my point. I'm not disappointed because you killed Yoshi, I'm disappointed people weren't able to pull off the parable flight maneuver.

>>320097505

I believe that stage has no enemies at all, or at least I'm sure you can't get shells.

>>320096834
>>320097415
>>320097507

Same here, I never thought about this until today, when I was reading through some old guides and realized the official nintendo guide for SMW on GBA advised people to use Yoshi.

>i spent so much time trying to do the cape trick

You're not retarded for not taking the easy route. You mastered the game thanks to learning to do the cape trick.
>>
File: 1412924231408.gif (2 MB, 475x277) Image search: [Google]
1412924231408.gif
2 MB, 475x277
The Yoshi way is easier.
>>
>>320098126

And way less satisfying
>>
>>320098275
Who gives a dick?
Real satisfaction is doing the Star World 5 secret without any switch palaces activated or Tubular without the balloon.
>>
>>320097349
Because, anon.
This is my Yoshi. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My Yoshi is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My Yoshi, without me, is useless. Without my Yoshi, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must hit straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must hit him before he hits me. I will...
My Yoshi and I know that what counts in war is not the fire we spit, the noise of our stomp, nor the flaps we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My Yoshi is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its diet, its habits, its sights and its tastes. I will keep my Yoshi clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My Yoshi and I are the defenders of my world. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is the Mushroom Kingdom's and there is no enemy, but peace!
>>
>>320098406

I've done that, and I still think pulling off the secret exit to cheese bridge using the cape is still one of the highlights of SMW when it comes to performance. If you never did it, you haven't mastered the game.
>>
File: don.gif (4 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
don.gif
4 MB, 400x400
>>320096746
oh, i didn't know how to use the cape properly, so i just got winged yoshi and flew past it lol.

am i the only one who did that?
>>
>>320099217

how did you get winged Yoshi if there isn't any koopa in that level?
>>
>>320096746
=0
I'M WITH YOU OP! FUCK THIS WORLD!

What sort of sickos even considered cruelty to animals a possibility? I saw it and knew I just had to GET GOOD with the cape.
>>
>>320096746
What the fuckkkk. I'm pretty sure I had my SNES SMW 99%'d as a child, but never knew this fucker was a thing? Is the sign after the goalpost supposed to be the hint?

Anyone got video footage/name/wiki of the secret level it unlocks? I feel like my life is in ruins right now.
>>
>>320099296
now my memory might be foggy, but i remember there was a level somewhere in the game which had a secret exit, and that's how i did it.

it's possible that it wasn't actually cheese bridge. but i vividly remember heaps of those chainsaws on conveyor belts with a high-up platform that lead to the real exit, and a deep wall texture which gave opportunity to reach the secret exit. gonna double check after i post this.
>>
>>320099637

there are 2 levels with a similar secret exit. Cheese bridge area which is the one in the OP, and one of the Chocolate Island levels (I think Chocolate 3), that one even has a blue shell right there for you to eat, and in fact it's required to find the secret exit in there in order to advance, so they made it easier (you can also just run and fly with cape Mario easily).

Cheese bridge area's secret exit is much harder to get, you have to either fly from the middle of the stage and then do a tricky flight maneuver at the end in order to reach the ending, or go full casual and use Yoshi.

>>320099583

It unlocks Soda Lake.
>>
>>320099296
>>320099637
ah yes just saw it now. there's a block right next to the checkpoint which summons floating yoshi wings.
and then just 2 platforms later there's another block which results in a feather at max upgrade.

it seems this level was meant to be solvable many ways. dunno why everyone's arguing lol.
>>
>>320099967
>there's a block right next to the checkpoint which summons floating yoshi wings.

the yoshi wings will take you to a bonus stage and then you just skip the level altogether, it won't take you to the secret exit.

The only 2 options to get the secret exit is either flying with the cape or using Yoshi (not winged, you can't have winged yoshi on the level, just the bonus stage)
>>
>>320099967
The Yoshi wings are there to fuck you up.
Its a trap disguised as a powerup because it sends you out of the stage.

The whole stage is much harder to maneuver with Yoshi than the usual ones.
>>
File: 1443734878457.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1443734878457.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>320096746
>parable
Do you mean parabola? Never heard that used that way.

Also just did the swooping glide. But if you come to that part and have a yoshi already the quickest way is just to sacrifice him. I think I may have a few times before but really just remember using the cape.
>>
>not just using a blue yoshi
>>
>>320100509
And then what? What are you gonna fly with?
>>
>>320100509

Read the thread

>>320100490
yeah I was doubting whether to use parabola or parable, english isn't my first language.
Google tells me parable is correct in english but maybe it's not?
>>
I did it as a kid because it was the perfect distance for it. Seems like it was intended
>>
>>320099967

It's /v/.

There's always that nigger who wants to start something over taking the path of least resistance.
>>
>>320100252
>>320100135
ah i see now. and according to >>320099863 it was actually chocolate island 3 that was the exit i was thinking of.

guess my memory's foggier than i thought. man i really need to go back and replay that game.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>320100712
I got you pham.

Parable is a story. A story that tells a lesson or moral. Similar to many religious stories.

Parabola is curved line

Parabola is correct.
>>
>>320101750

Thanks. In spanish it's the same word for both terms, parabola. It can refer to either a story or the curved line in math.
I guess I learned something new about the english language.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.