[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got this game. Who is the best class to start out as?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 5-1-1399210763.png (1 MB, 1257x598) Image search: [Google]
5-1-1399210763.png
1 MB, 1257x598
I just got this game. Who is the best class to start out as?

Which one is the most solo friendly?
Which one is the most fun?
>>
if you are playing solo i would play gaige and go the anarchy route. Trust me, its fucking rad. My advice would to rebind your reload. If thats not your style then I'd go with krieg because hes fucking radical as hell if you go full melee.
>>
>>320093543
doesn't matter, everyone gets fucked by horrific enemy stat scaling the more you go on
>>
Got to go with gaige for solo unless you for some reason have no access to dlc go commando. Dont go assassin it will completely ruin the firsr half of the game for you and his skill is NOT fun and DUMB
>>
>>320093797
gaige is fucking ezmode retarded, only pick her if you want to breeze through the game without having to aim or even try

not that bl2 is skillful at all or anything, but yeah
>>
File: Zero0.png (650 KB, 800x879) Image search: [Google]
Zero0.png
650 KB, 800x879
>>320093543
>>320093941
>everyone gets fucked

Nope. Play Zer0, go full melee, and get a gun with a bayonet. You can use the "execute" skill to lunge towards enemies repeatedly until you hit, travelling extremely fast while invisible. If you lunge and hit the back of their heads (which is easy because they can't see you), you get execute damage bonus, the active skill damage bonus for being invisible, headshot bonus, backstab bonus, weapon bonus, and the basic melee damage bonus from passives. Oh, and if you kill them, your invisibility resets and you can do it again and again. Even bosses go down easy. Best part is that you don't need to grind for good guns/shields, just a bayonet.

i.e. melee Zer0 is easy mode
>>
Some of the most fun in this game came with abusing weapons & equipment effects.

Them patching everything really screwed the game since just like anon said the enemy scaling is horrible.
>>
Axton is okay, you can just deploy turret and hide

he's gay though
>>
>>320093543
Play Kreig, set yourself on fire and never stop burning.
>>
File: 1447303570687.png (138 KB, 263x323) Image search: [Google]
1447303570687.png
138 KB, 263x323
Play Salvador if you wanna be overly aggressive and die alot
Play Zer0 if you enjoy the memes more than the gameplay
Play Maya if you wanna be the party's dedicated healslut
Play Axton if you suck at video games and wanna hide behind a turret
Play Gaige if you're a waifufag who can't aim worth a squirt of piss
Play Krieg if you wanna RIP AND TEAR
>>
krieg is good, any build
anarchy gaige is babyshit easy
melee zero is the only good zero
maya and axton are meh solo after halfway through tvhm
salvador is fun as fuck, but hes no krieg

krieg and zero are your top contenders, followed by sal

go krieg
>>
>tfw no one likes axton
Going with the nuke turret build was also easy mode. Strange that there's so many easymodes to choose from
>>
>>320094351
>implying BL's shooting isn't so lacklustre every class isn't easy mode
Go Gaige OP if you want to have fun playing
>>
>>320101142
If you're not going with an easymode build then you'll quickly notice how an enemy with even one level more than you is gonna take a fuckton of bullets to take down
>>
>>320101142

Axton is the best. No frills gameplay all the way.
>>
File: 1373027763892.jpg (64 KB, 900x633) Image search: [Google]
1373027763892.jpg
64 KB, 900x633
>tfw played the fuck outta Brick and Roland in BL1
>Brick was rad because he would just ragemode and facetank everything whilst beating the fuck out of it along with your mates
>Roland was sick because of party ammo regen and Ammo capacity/Assault rifle buffs
bl2 was just like.... theres a turret dude thats kinda like roland but not really and i guess Gunzerker is kinda like brick
and then the Psycho came out which clearly was like brick but...Idk what im really complaining about but i just wish i could play brick again, dude was so savage
>>
OP trust me on this

>SHIT EARLY GAME, STRONGEST BY FAR LATEGAME TIER:
Krieg
Gaige

STRONG ALL GAME TIER:
Maya (specced for damage not healing)

BORING BUT STRONG TIER:
Zer0
Salvador

STRAIGHT UP SHIT TIER:
Axton
>>
>>320104049
>tfw they turned Roland from the baddest nigga on Pandora to a generic CoD soldier.

I feel you on that m8. Axton is cool for his own reasons but I miss the raw support Roland brought to the team.
>>
>Gaige

Boring and dumb.
>>
Gaige with anarchy stacks is one of my favorite builds in any game i've ever played. Not even joking, it's so much goddamned fun.
>>
>playing this garbage no-content game
>bazillion guns and only a handful of good ones
>padded out with item grinding
>bullet sponges out the ass to make up for lack of enemy variety and AI
>terrible story written by a c.uck
Throw it away kid
>>
>>320105698
can you say that again without the memes?
>>
>>320105750
>they must be memes if everyone says the same thing
Pffffttthahaah
>>
File: 1401638585907.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1401638585907.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>320105698
>mfw discussing Borderlands on /v/ is taboo after the relentless shilling Gearbox does for every game
>>
Zero is shit, his melee build is the only way you even have a chance of getting anything done and even then, there are better and more fun characters anyway

Salvador is just shit, enjoy bleeding out all the fucking time

Maya isn't as good for SP but every team wants to have one for co-op so if you're a healslut, this is for you

Axton is solo friendly because his turrets are your mock friends and they can res you if you get downed, and I've always found classes that can spawn their own helper units to be fun but maybe you won't

Gaige is ez and fun, but if you play as her, you'll never want to try a different class

I never played krieg though
>>
>>320105750
Weapons don't have very much variety (most will just be variations on a few core archetypes) and usually come with some fatal drawback that makes them unusable trash. There are entire manufacturers that fucking blow because of their stupid gimmicks.

The combat is also godawful with every single enemy being an annoying bullet sponge, especially once you get to higher levels. You'll run out of ammo often when dealing with anything remotely tanky. In the first playthrough the strategy for any enemy or boss is just "shoot it a lot", though in UVHM they change it up with "slag it first, then shoot it a lot."

The story and writing are also unfunny meme-filled garbage so if you're down on memes I don't recommend it.
>>
>>320104049
>wearing helmets on their shoulders
wat

>>320093543
I did a lot of solo gunzerker. shit was pretty rad, but I'm not a min maxing tryhard.
>>
>>320106128

>Weapons don't have very much variety

After beating the game solo, I had the exact opposite experience.
>>
>>320106128
>weapons don't have very much variety
not common drops but endgame unique weapons are so varied that you can't even carry everything you want to use. Every unique rocket launcher or shotgun is fun in it's own way, smgs are a little more uniform but still differentiated enough that you can tell which one you're using immediately

and you can simplify any shooter to just "shoot it a lot", you still have to do things other than that to succeed in this game, mostly because of how poorly designed the scaling is. If you don't learn how to maneuver or tells of an incoming boss attack, you're going to get oneshotted half the fucking time

it may not be deep but it's deeper than "just shoot it"
>>
Gaige. Level up to Close Enough, which causes 50% of all missed bullets to ricochet and home in on enemies.

Then invest all the way in Anarchy, grab a shotgun with the most bullets and the fastest reload, aim directly at your feet, and kill everything around you all the time.
>>
>Borderlands 1
>guns look like guns
>Borderlands 2
>guns look like nerf guns

What the fuck happened? Surely Burch wasn't responsible for this travesty too.
>>
>>320106359
I mean, they have "variety" but in reality when the vast majority of loot is pure unfiltered shit, there's no reason to care. It's not like you're going to find a lot of sidegrades. You'll usually find one best item for any given equip slot and it's very easy to tell.
>>
File: latest[3].jpg (464 KB, 1179x783) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].jpg
464 KB, 1179x783
>>320106594
they look the same
>>
>>320106546
Well maybe. I never bothered with the disastrous endgame so I don't know.
>>
>>320106678

Marketing the game for having ZIMBABWILLIONS of guns was a bone head move. It feels more like each character will only be good with certain generics. Maliwan SMGs and Torgue shotguns seem to be the only weapons I can make work for everyone.
>>
Axton
>>
If you don't want to pay for characters, Axton.

If you don't mind, Kreig is the most fun, and most solo-friendly if you build him right.
>>
If you only plan to run through the story once, use Maya and stick to the Cataclysm tree. Spec into Cloud Kill the moment it opens up and basic mobs will die in one shot.
>>
guys any help for utvhm? Everyone's so hard to kill and I'm at level 51
>>
>>320093543
What happens if you ask /k/ about the guns in borderlands?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.