[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finding it hard to play Melee again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 14088_front.jpg (118 KB, 640x895) Image search: [Google]
14088_front.jpg
118 KB, 640x895
Guys help me. I've been playing ONLY Smash 4 since it released November last year. Today I was forced to play Melee with friends, but it was so fucking hard to dash and perform smash attacks. Melee is supposed to be easy to control as far as i remember, so what the fuck is going on.

I honestly want to go back to Smash 4, but you guys swear to fucking god that melee is so much better. I don't know, have I been playing Smash 4 too much?
>>
And I used to be REALLY good at Melee.

I'm decent at 4 and got used to the controls, but I didn't think it would be so difficult to go back to Melee.
>>
Even if Melee is better (it is), if you're not having fun then don't force yourself to play it.
>>
youve been playing too much tr4sh
>>
why don't you just use the c-stick to smash?
or do you mean the timing is harder?
>>
>>320070730
I guess you're right. I just assumed I should only like what everyone here likes.
>>
>>320070997
maybe it's the timing, because the same thing happens when i use the c stick

This sounds crazy but 4 just feels so much better atm and I used to play the fuck out of melee before it came out.
>>
You can't smash while dash attacking OP. You gotta crouch to cancel the dash and then smash attack, or just wavedash if you want the mobility while smash attacking.
>>
Melee is perfect

The problem is with you
>>
>>320071263
are you sure
>>
there's really no way other than to just keep playing. but if you're not enjoying yourself there's no point.
>>
So i guess i'm literally the only one who has this problem? This is so hard to believe.
>>
>>320071991
Yeah, i'm only playing this tonight because they don't have a Wii U. My friends back home all play Smash 4, so i guess it doesn't matter.
>>
Tr4sh and Brawl have a frame buffer so its easier to make inputs where in Memelee its a more shorter time window for everything
>>
>>320072020
You're probably just not used to the fact Melee doesn't have a buffer, so you actually have to slow down a little and not mash so your inputs don't get eaten. There's also no RAR so you can't do a bair out of a run and jump is a lot more sensitive so short hopping is harder.
>>
>>320072020
just learn how to shffl, wavedash, l-cancel and stuff with your main and then you can 4 stock those casuals
>>
get good you fucking scrub
>>
TURN ON CNN HUGS V WESTBALLZ
>>
>>320070697
I have a feeling you weren't as good as you think you were
>>
File: ASVazPZ.png (112 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
ASVazPZ.png
112 KB, 400x358
>>320070426
Just play Undertale instead man. Much more interesting game.
>>
>>320071263
Correct, the only exception is a jump-cancelled Up-Smash.
>>
fine i guess i'll just continue to play smash 4
>>
>>320073819
Thanks senpai. Needed something to watch.
>>
My friends all play at lunch. They brought a wii and we got a classroom with a nice TV.
Honestly, they all play Fox and Falcon and Sheik while I'm here playing luigi and Dr. Mario for the giggles. I also know some wavedashing so that helps.
>>
>>320070426
>>320070697
>And I used to be REALLY good at Melee.
From the way you talk Im guessing you have no idea what the competetive Melee scene even is
>>
>>320071263
Yeah, or you could just use up+A to do a jump cancelled upsmash, which is pretty much the same way you'd normally do an upsmash without the c-stick
>>
>>320071026
If you're so easily influenced to the point of feeling forced to play a videogame you don't truly enjoy, do yourself a favor an don't come to this or any message board ever again.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.