[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game? I had a lot of fun with it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (930 KB, 650x884) Image search: [Google]
image.png
930 KB, 650x884
What does /v/ think of this game? I had a lot of fun with it
>>
>Fun building mechanic
>Repetitive missions
>Poor world design
>>
>>320061781
its decent, it gets a lot of hate which is understandable. i feel like if rare actually made a proper sequel to banjo tooie for the 360 and then came out with nuts and bolts as a spin off it would be more liked
>>
underated
>>
>>320061781
>AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
File: 2015-12-12 12.12.21.jpg (964 KB, 1049x1499) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-12 12.12.21.jpg
964 KB, 1049x1499
>>320061781
>>
>>320061781
It's the perfect example of
>It a good game
>It's fucking terrible X game
>>
its total shit compared to N64 rareware games, but it makes current day rareware looks good
>>
>>320062083
>HOLY SHIT
>>
It's like Half-Life 2 Episode 3 in that there's just not much of an audience anymore for this stuff. Kids these days are more into Minecraft.
>>
>>320062613
WILL ALWAYS LOOOOOVE Y...
>>
>>320063149
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME XD
>>
>>320062546
>DK64
>Conker
>Banjo Tooie
>good

Nuts and Bolts is better than all of those.
>>
File: yeah.gif (1 MB, 355x259) Image search: [Google]
yeah.gif
1 MB, 355x259
>>320063401
>>
> 15fps
>>
>>320063559
Are you talking about the original version of tooie or nuts and bolts
>>
Gregg Mayles didn't give a shit about Banjo after Tooie was finished. He actively fought against making a traditional Banjo 3 and constantly bombarded the project with his own unrelated ideas, in the name of technological innovation. At the very least, he meant well and had somewhat of an honorable objective.

The problem at hand being, as a result, the charm and the warmth of the environment we're all familiar with is not the star of the show. In lieu are the cold, lifeless vehicle parts of which the player them self has to make life of, and yet somehow it's still to the credit of the developer (Almost ten years without a new game, guess we gotta make our own!)

Grant Kirkhope publicly admitted that he hated where this game went. The car concept inadvertently weighed down the connection to every other intended aspect of the game; Grant's compositions were all over the place and Leigh Loveday's writing resorted to merely DUDE FOURTH WALL JOKES LMAO, because everyone involved had fuck all to work with compared to the worlds and characters of Banjos 1 and 2.

You can point almost every reason as to why Rare became what it did from 2010-14 in the direction of this game. It's as misguided as it is a self-referential mess
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.