[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teabagging shouldn't bother me (but itdoes) by Dan Le Sac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 23
If you've played PvP in the last decade or more in anything from Halo to Call of Duty or even Destiny, you will have witnessed a very strange act. You die and your killer runs to your corpse — and then crouches, stands, crouches, stands, crouches and stands before running off to kill again.
The act in question is "teabagging." It's a taunting sign of disrespect, a way to rub salt in the wound by actually rubbing salty, virtual balls on your wounds. I, for one, find it downright infuriating.
Where did this come from?
The origin of the "teabag" in gaming is not entirely obvious.Halo is often blamed, as areHalf-Life andCounter-Strike, but in truth all any game needs to make "teabagging" viable is the ability to crouch and a camera that lingers on your newly expired body.
I had to be extremely careful to phrase my search terms to avoid videos of real-life genitals, by the way. This is precarious research.
Some triple-A titles have even included teabagging into their mechanics, most notably Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Ghosts. In the game's multiplayer mode, the player who gets the first kill will be rewarded with a "Field Op," a random task to be completed before death. These range from getting a headshot or explosive kill to the cryptic "Humiliate the next enemy you kill."
After much trial and error, Ghosts players soon realized that the only way to do complete the humiliation challenge is to "teabag" the poor blighter you just shot in the face. This might seem like silly fun or a developer giving a nod to an existing meme, but in return for doing this you would be rewarded with a care package, which includes full ammo and equipment plus a Squad Point. To be clear: For humiliating another player you're given the tools to kill more players. Forget pay-to-win – this is debase-yourself-to-win.
>>
>>320049797
>Dan Le Sac
Wait, the hip hop guy?
>>
File: salt.jpg (658 KB, 847x567) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
658 KB, 847x567
Why is this so annoying?
We've all felt the sting of a ball crush when we lose an exchange and the rage that follows it. No matter how much we tell ourselves it's only a game, there's something in the act of defiling our now lifeless torsos that enrages even the best of us.
Why does the simple "teabag" inspire controller-throwing rage? Are we all just overly sensitive? Is it the implied depravity of the act itself? Or is it something more personal?
Most of us use gaming as an escape from our daily realities, whether that be for stress relief or to become engrossed in something fantastical. Games are the act of being someone else for a few minutes or hours in our day. But the way a great game helps us escape our real world emotion is by making us feel real-world emotion. Undertale can make you sob. Super Meat Boy will elate you every time you beat a level. Bloodborne will keep you tense and enthralled. Whatever emotion you are looking for, there is a game that will give it to you. Although we may be looking to escape ourselves, the only believable escape is one we feel.
We're still looking for that emotional fix when we jump into whatever multiplayer PvP we fancy – the pride of a clutch play, the fulfillment of getting better with every round, of getting sweaty when a game is close. The attraction of multiplayer PvP is the reality of it all. You obviously can't throw Destiny's flaming hammers at your annoying neighbors or Fulton your Ex a-la Metal Gear, but it's that human intelligence that keeps me playing every form of PvP I can. It's unpredictable, stressful and ultimately satisfying.
>>
File: 1445284277176.gif (464 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1445284277176.gif
464 KB, 500x338
it makes me sick people get paid to write this shit
>>
File: spilled-salt-bottle-on-table.jpg (101 KB, 1000x784) Image search: [Google]
spilled-salt-bottle-on-table.jpg
101 KB, 1000x784
When real life intrudes on your escape
I love finding my escape by shooting my fellow humans – although honestly it's more like running around getting my head blown off by better players, but that's irrelevant. What is relevant is this: When one of my better opponents, or worse, a very lucky lesser opponent, deems my corpse worthy of their ball-bag, it's not just a taunt or them mocking my abilities, it's a moment that breaks the fourth wall of my escape and reminds me that people are dicks, and that there are people in this world who find joy in others' misfortunes.
A teabagging is a human being disrespecting another human being. It's the opposite of a bow before a fight.
Maybe that's it right there: It's a human making an active choice to say, "Fuck you, dude" – quite literally saying "Fuck your stupid face" – that makes getting teabagged so rage-inducing.
If the key to engrossing gaming is the ability to extend our true selves into a game, does that mean that your average everyday teabagger walks around their neighborhood pissing on the chips of everyone he or she has any tiny victory over? "Hey, I got the promotion ... feel the warmth of my sweaty nuts!" I very much doubt it.
To me, sack-dropping is a less-evolved version of your garden internet troll. The troll thrives on causing upset from behind a shield of electronic anonymity with the full knowledge that there's very little their victims can do to stop them. Someone blocks you on Twitter and you just start a new account and continue to be an asshole.
It's the opposite of a bow before a fight
There can only be a couple of motivations behind clam-slamming (teabagging's feminine form). The first is you're a kid who doesn't know any better; if that's the case, then chances are you'll stop being a dick once you grow up and realize there is more to life than being an asshole on the internet.
>>
File: Salt-Salt_Sense_Saltshaker.jpg (743 KB, 1131x1698) Image search: [Google]
Salt-Salt_Sense_Saltshaker.jpg
743 KB, 1131x1698
Sadly, the second motivation is somewhat bleaker. For some reason you feel it's right to tell your opponent that they are less that you, and you are happy to say that you don't feel that basic social politeness applies to you.
But to me, in truth teabaggers are only doing this because there are no repercussions, and without repercussions every coward becomes a hero. If you feel the need to rub your success in the faces of strangers on the internet, maybe look at your life and address that drive, because ultimately, a moment's happiness derived from someone else's sadness is empty.
This act hints at a reality where more people aren't assholes in public, due to the simple fact that they'll be seen.
I know you'll say it's only a game, but I have just a final word to you, Mr. Bagger. Keep bagging; let the world know that your life is so shitty that your only joy is to take it out on other people. Let everyone see just how empty you are. We won't "justice bag" you in return; instead, maybe one of us will show some pity and give you that hug you so sorely need.
As for me, I promise to stay classy while I blow your brains all over the map.
dan le sac is a British Music Producer, recovering Destiny addict, Super Meat Boy evangelist and Twitch Streamer

...so why do you teabag, /v/?
>>
>>320049797
>by Dan Le Sac

literally who

>that pic
>le intelligent questioning hipster eyebrow

intothetrash.m4a
>>
>>320050194
To vent frustration after a day well spent getting mad at video game journalism
>>
>>320049916
>Why does the simple "teabag" inspire controller-throwing rage? Are we all just overly sensitive?
This is my favorite part. I thought throwing controllers was something children do. What kind of adult gets mad at video games???
>>
What faggot actually gets mad over teabagging? It's just a game nigga, calm down.
Also Gears of War had the best version where you keep ramming their face and then blow their head off.
>>
>>320049916
>Super Meat Boy will elate you every time you beat a level. Bloodborne will keep you tense and enthralled.
casual detected
>>
>>320050614
>What kind of adult gets mad at video games
In my case it's autism, and I assumed it's the same for other people who have temper control issues over minor shit.
>>
I didn't read all this shit but from what I can gather, they didn't really say anything with all this besides "It can feel bad to be taunted". That's not really something people need to be told.
>>
>>320050614
A faggot. You can get a little fustrated to be sure though.
>>
>>320051339
The fact that you freely admit you are autistic makes you 100% more likeable than the author of this article
>>
>>320049797
It's just trolling, a form of in-game banter, being a chucklefuck for the sake of humor.
Getting teabagged is mildly upsetting, but then turning that around and teabagging your attacker is very enjoyable. More than enough to offset the teabag.
Two evenly-matched people taunting and trolling the shit out of each-other is far more fun for both players than a sterile match with no showboating chucklefuckery.
Yes, it may suck to have your feelings hurt, but that is temporary. In return, you get to ride that emotional rollercoaster with all of its highs and lows, and it is a fun rollercoaster.

>debase yourself

Okay, so you don't like performing sex acts upon your opponent's corpse. Think of something else to do. If the game has ragdoll physics, use the corpse as part of a smiley face. Dance a jig on the corpse. Jump up and down on the corpse while changing weapons and spinning wildly. Type a hilariously shitty pun about death into the chat. There are many ways you can troll without debasing yourself.
>>
>a moment's happiness derived from someone else's sadness is empty
Lulz is like a drug. I haven't had a good fill of it in a week and I feel like a husk.
>>
>>320049797

Literally get good.
>>
>>320053597
>Le Sack can't handle the bantz
Well he is american.
>>
>>320049916
>We've all felt the sting of a ball crush when we lose an exchange and the rage that follows it. No matter how much we tell ourselves it's only a game, there's something in the act of defiling our now lifeless torsos that enrages even the best of us.
I don't. >.>
I tend to only get salty if I'm on a once-in-a-week losing streak, not after only 1 death.
Which is normal, I suppose. Something unusually bad happens as a result of you being shit, you get a bit upset at yourself, or at RNG or whatever you like to blame for your lack of gitgud.

>Most of us use gaming as an escape from our daily realities
>Games are the act of being someone else for a few minutes or hours in our day
Not me. I'm a larrikin in real life and a chucklefuck in the game, and in my opinion both are pretty fucking awesome.

>Whatever emotion you are looking for, there is a game that will give it to you.
Looked for a game that creates lonliness, so I could figure out wtf the pepeposting r9kers were on about. Could not find one. Can anyone recommend a game that creates lonliness? Needs to work on a chucklefucking NEET with an ego complex.

>but it's that human intelligence that keeps me playing every form of PvP I can.
Transformice proves that human intelligence is sometimes worse than bot intelligence, though often very creative in the ways it makes an ass of itself.

>it's a moment that breaks the fourth wall of my escape and reminds me that people are dicks, and that there are people in this world who find joy in others' misfortunes.
How in fuck's name is this 4th wall breaking? In the CONTEXT OF THE GAME, these people are playing as pranksters. There are soldiers in real life who'll collect trophies or be jokers with their kills. Feelz are feelz, but this is not a fourth wallbreak.
>>
File: 1398051006164.gif (547 KB, 256x196) Image search: [Google]
1398051006164.gif
547 KB, 256x196
>Teabagging
>Sac
>>
>>320050194
>But to me, in truth teabaggers are only doing this because there are no repercussions, and without repercussions every coward becomes a hero.
Not true in my case. I've been banned from tons of servers, and I've had tons of people complain at me IRL for being disruptive. Fuck 'em all, I'm having fun. Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger deez nuts.
Yes, there probably are cowards who don't have the balls to be a troll IRL and who instantly turn into dickless asskissers whenever a moderator shows up rather than saying "You are a shit moderator. Ban yourself, you nigger-loving fun-hating landwhale. Let real players (like me) enjoy the game without you waving your e-dick around, thanx <3". Those faggot cowards are disgusting. But hopefully they aren't too common.
>>
I have more than 150 hours put into games like CS:GO or Black Ops and I have NEVER been teabagged.
>>
>>320055005
>IRL

How exactly do you go teabagging people IRL? Do you knock them unconscious first?
>>
>>320055295
That's probably because you're good at the games while Sack is terrible.
>>
>>320055362
Typically you don't teabag IRL due to the lack of violence that would enable it. Find other, more creative ways to be a shitfucker. Like going to a restaurant and swapping the cutlery so some tables have only knives and others have only spoons, etc.
>>
>>320049797

Just image when VR becomes a big thing. People running up to you and teabagging you for real. The game will have truly changed.
>>
File: 1442537431174.jpg (59 KB, 209x260) Image search: [Google]
1442537431174.jpg
59 KB, 209x260
>>320049797
>by Dan Le Sac
>Le Sac
>>
>>320055603
That sounds terribly immature.
>>
>>320055295
I remember when I was playing Left 4 Dead vs
We died at the finale of a campaign
The tank ran over and blatantly teabagged me
It was then I realised that I was picked to play as Zoey.
I said in all chat "God damn it Tank stop teabagging me" then laughed for a bit.
>>
File: 1448823002959.jpg (158 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448823002959.jpg
158 KB, 720x480
>>320049797
>I, for one, find it downright infuriating

GOOD
>>
>>320055804
"immature" is a buzzword for people who find no fun in rollercoasters, farts, pranks, trolling uptight anti-racists, or those miniature racing cars.
You don't have any fun with fun things. ... Congratulations? Somehow this makes you a better person? Lol.
>>
>>320049797
Why would you even call yourself "Dan The shithead"? That's fucking dumb
>>
>>320049916
>Undertale can make you sob
Aaaaaand im done.....
>>
There are people who overthink things like teabagging this fucking much

Jesus christ.

Did we just get an essay on teabagging? Fucking liberal arts students.
>>
File: 859577534_1710549.gif (160 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
859577534_1710549.gif
160 KB, 400x268
for sac
>>
>>320049916
>We've all felt the sting of a ball crush when we lose an exchange and the rage that follows it. No matter how much we tell ourselves it's only a game, there's something in the act of defiling our now lifeless torsos that enrages even the best of us.

No its a fucking fictional form of entertainment.
If you get angry turn it off you shambling mess of a person.
>>
I'm disappointed in myself for reading all of that garbage

Why can't these faggots just grow some thicker skin? Getting triggered by teabagging, jesus
>>
>>320055967
No seriously, this kinda mindset of being inconvenient to other people for "da lulz" is indicative of being a literal shithead 16 year old.

Most people grow out of that phase. I was thinking you were just pulling my leg, but I'm slowly starting to feel you're actually serious. I'm fairly surprised someone hasn't decked you in the fucking face yet.
>>
>>320049916
Escapists are truly what is killing gaming.
>>
>>320049797
>For humiliating another player you're given the tools to kill more players. Forget pay-to-win – this is debase-yourself-to-win.

Isn't it debasing other players to win?
>>
>>320056317
>Did we just get an essay on teabagging?
Clearly we need an essay on loss.jpg

>>320056438
The point of teabagging is that it's triggering
but it's fun to trigger others and be triggered in return. More fun than banning triggering.
>>
>>320056586
go home Dan
>>
>>320056586
I'm a metaphorical shithead 29 year old :3

And people have decked me in the face. I fought back! Probs win about 40% of my fights, lose the other 60%. It's fun either way. Face damage heals, and you can laugh about it later that you got someone so salty they attacked you. Plus massive hilarity if they attack you and you knock them on their ass anyway. THAT is when you IRL teabag.
>>
WoW had the best teabags. There was always something inherently funny to me about a fat moon kin just sitting on your face over and over again.
>>
>>320056860
>face damage heals

But brain damage doesn't which would explain your absolutely retarded approach to life.
>>
>>320057082
Lol I'm 160 IQ m8
My brain is fine

But nice work implying that anyone who disagrees to your approach to life has to be retarded.
Maybe YOU'RE the retarded one?
There's more than one way to enjoy your life bro.
>>
>>320049797
Dat feeling when i get paid six-digit figures to talk shit on twitch and teabag people like him all-day is glorious in fact i'll do it just alittle more now. Wonder if i can find his tag.
>>
File: 1439162159377.jpg (21 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1439162159377.jpg
21 KB, 576x432
I don't know how anyone can get upset at teabagging. When I get teabagged I just laugh and sometimes even feel appreciated because the guy took time out of the match to focus his attention on my corpse.
Sometimes a rivalry will form in the match and we'll teabag back and forth and it's all good fun.
The living hipster stereotype that wrote this "article" should stick to his SF indie games
>>
>guy is literally called ballsack in french
>>
>>320057038
That hilarious moment when an undead uses cannibalise on your corpse.

Such as when you're fighting people for the Zandalari Warscout and some random ass 86 that was questing in the area watches you fight, runs over and eats your corpse while the guys who pwnd you are killing the warscout.
>>
>>320057209
>16O IQ

loving every laugh
>>
If you legit care so much about being crouched on in a video game, you probably have some underlying anger issues you should focus on in real life.
>>
>>320057594
Capital Kappa Cackle Kek Cakes.
>>
I have never actually seen teabagging in a videogame outside youtube.
>>
It boggles my mind how one can come to the conclusion that one shouldn't be bothered by teabagging in the title and then go on to tell that teabagging is bad and shouldn't happen.
Like, he understands full well that he shouldn't care but lacks the restraint to ignore it and feels the need to passive-aggressively bitch at people who teabag.
He gives in to their provocation despite knowing better.
>>
>>320057597
No don't.
People with anger issues are hilarious
Someone has to be the lolcow.
I get that you're trying to be a good person by encouraging other people to get better and improve their lives, feel less angry, and resolve their problems.
But 9/10 times they're just gonna tell you to fuck off, and it's FAR more fun to just let them wreck themselves with rage, so why bother?
Ppl learn better by example anyway, so if you let the salty kids provide examples, then you'll help far more people than if you just told them to quit gettin mad at vidya.
>>
File: average 4chan posts.jpg (53 KB, 760x520) Image search: [Google]
average 4chan posts.jpg
53 KB, 760x520
Comments from the article (it's on polygon if you really want to track it down)
>>
Imagine owning and teabagging someone so hard that they write an article about how they felt
>>
>>320057784
You can teabag-equivalent in Starcraft. Stockpile 3000 minerals vs. an enemy you're stomping, then push with 20 workers and make command centers / hatcheries / nexuses in your enemy's base. Works best as terran since you can waypoint your buildings taking off and landing repeatedly or make them fly and do the rapidly spinning patrol bug.

>>320057785
Some people enjoy their anger.
Normally people who do this tend to get stuck into a fight and enjoy it, but I suppose you can enjoy passive-aggressiveness just as you enjoy regular aggresiveness.

>>320058189
Imagine owning a GURL GAMER xD so hard she cries on stream.
>>
>>320058116
If you have a poylgon account or whatever, you should tell them that doxxing people, sending them threats, and trying to get them fired from their workplace,
are perfectly good responses to someone being mean in multiplayer games. Especially if they're being racist, since they deserve it.

Either they disagree, and think the behaviour should go unpunished,
or they agree, and you can point out they're actually wishing harm on other human beings who are just having a good time,
or they think the behaviour should be punished but only to a reasonable degree. At which point grats on finding a unicorn lol
>>
File: more posts from v.jpg (85 KB, 762x614) Image search: [Google]
more posts from v.jpg
85 KB, 762x614
more salt
Do these people even play video games?
>>
File: another day at 4chan.jpg (37 KB, 764x419) Image search: [Google]
another day at 4chan.jpg
37 KB, 764x419
honestly it goes on forever
>>
>>320059345
>>320059571
Is there anyone breaking their hugbox, or does it gets immediately deleted?
>>
File: 4chan copypasta.jpg (85 KB, 727x481) Image search: [Google]
4chan copypasta.jpg
85 KB, 727x481
An excerpt of a longer post
Fuck these people. I'm gonna go play video games
>>
>>320059770
Some people are reasonable, but no one calls him a salty faggot so I don't think he'll get the message
>>
File: 1442625276225.jpg (69 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1442625276225.jpg
69 KB, 960x720
>>320059345
>>320059571

I've never cared to teabag before but now that i've read these, it's all I wanna do.
>>
>>320059571
>form of sexual assault
What drugs are these people on?
>>
>Le sac
>Teabagging

You just cant make this up
>>
>be playing RS ps4 beta
>guy TK our whole squad then attempts solo win
>dies
>next round someone kills him straight away
>everyone begins to raid objective
>I stay behind and teabag him 3-4 mins nonstop
>he quits
>>
File: 1434665919208.jpg (500 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1434665919208.jpg
500 KB, 2560x1920
And on this day, 4chan users everywhere started teabagging like there was no tomorrow. It became the staple for all online play.

Would SJW's ever learn?
Nay, they would continue voicing their hyper-sensitivities and as such be easy victims till the end of time.

The end.
>>
File: 1264588205090.png (99 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1264588205090.png
99 KB, 247x248
>>320061498
>>
>>320049797
Wow, what a faggot.
>>
>>320060472
It is basically a virtual representation of sexual assault, though. Not real, obviously, and nothing to be upset about as it's just banter, but that's what it is - you're shoving your dick into somebody's face against their will.
>>
File: 1436704249646.jpg (131 KB, 546x295) Image search: [Google]
1436704249646.jpg
131 KB, 546x295
>>320049797
>Dan Le Sac
wait what? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWrMGXwhFLk
>>
File: 1436909068946.gif (3 MB, 260x291) Image search: [Google]
1436909068946.gif
3 MB, 260x291
I suddenly have the urge to teabag everyone online...
>>
Knowing that someone can get so triggered by crouching in a video game makes me want to start doing it
>>
File: chrisre1end.jpg (67 KB, 610x880) Image search: [Google]
chrisre1end.jpg
67 KB, 610x880
>>320066032
>representation of sexual assault
>against their will

How do you sexually assault a corpse. Against what will, they're dead. Or do you mean the person playing the game? Then they would also be assaulted by television--movies and commercials that offends them in someway, or any thing in the entire world that can be visually experienced--A DOG SITTING ON A PORCH LICKING/CLEANING HIS OWN BALLS IS SEXUAL ASSAULT. Get the fuck outta here.

>your dick
It's not mine homie, it's some polygon dude and I'm pretty sure there is no dick there at all. I'm pretty sure the devs just textured over a slight mound. Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>
I still manage to get a teabag or two when someone I rape time after time manages to kill me in Warhawk.
>>
>I don't like that people are mean on the internet

Get over yourself
>>
>>320051108
>gears of war 1
>tfw downing the last eneny opponent and then you and a mate spitroasting him for 45 seconds while he bleeds out
I dont care how immature it is, it was so goddamn funny.
>>
File: 1390994139597.png (757 KB, 1190x1244) Image search: [Google]
1390994139597.png
757 KB, 1190x1244
>be Batman fighting Joker 1v1
>obviously shit is intense
>some autistic crying faggot that you have been destroying the entire match gets a good shot in from the side
>that same faggot comes over to tbags you to show their dominance

AS FUCKING IF YOU COULD KILL ME BY YOURSELF
>>
File: Brofist_time_arby_n_the_chief.png (153 KB, 920x455) Image search: [Google]
Brofist_time_arby_n_the_chief.png
153 KB, 920x455
>getting stomped in any online game
>get a kill by some dumb luck
>teabag the guy
>mfw the absolute rage in the lobby after the game
I do this every time I'm losing a game, because without fail the other team overreacts and it is glorious
>>
>>320067798
>taking the snub pistol and aim in and out so it looks like you're spanking him
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.