[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my friend is stuck on wanting to play Elite Dangerous and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: nveKOOa.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nveKOOa.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
So my friend is stuck on wanting to play Elite Dangerous and wants to buy me the game and a HOTAS to play with him. I don't know much about the game as I've never really been into space sims and such. Is this game even multiplayer or fun for that matter?
>>
It's an MMO you dunce
It's fun if you like space sims
It can get repetitive and sometimes tedious
Discovering new shit is awesome
Graphics are gud
Overall 8/10 it's okay
>>
Once you've gotten over the initial hype you'll quickly realize that everything you've done for the past few hours is all you're EVER going to do, until you either get the best ship and have nothing else to achieve or get bored and quit
>>
So its repetitive. How much actual gameplay is there before things just get grindy?
>>
Do not waste your money on a HOTAS to play this game.

Do NOT waste your money on a HOTAS to play this game.

Absolutely, under no circumstances, should you waste your money on any peripherals to play this game.
>>
>>320041940
The whole game is a grind really
It's all about trading or bounty hunting or exploring until you get enough credits for the next ship
>>
I played about 75 hours

It's enjoyable, but like other anons have said there's a very limited range of things you can do, and it mostly boils down to either intensely grindy and boring but hugely profitable trading, or fun and immersive but comparatively non-profitable combat. There's also a distinct lack of any sort of reason to play beyond getting better ships, as the only reason they're better is because they better facilitate your grind to the next best ship, and so on.

Buy it if you like, it's good for a decent number of hours and will probably be more fun with a friend, but don't buy a joystick for it.
>>
There are far better games you can play with a HOTAS than Elite, so the HOTAS at least won't be a waste

There's a shitload of other fun flight games

>Freespace 2
>Star Wars X-Wing/TIE Fighter
>DCS A-10
>IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
>Wing Commander series
>Falcon 4 BMS
>>
>>320042129
Elite will be the waste of money, not the HOTAS
>>
File: 1436310901363.jpg (2 KB, 89x125) Image search: [Google]
1436310901363.jpg
2 KB, 89x125
>>320040951
Yeah there is multiplayer so you can team up, but don't expect to encounter a lot of other players except for certain hotspots. The universe is too big and everyone's way too spread out.

And keyboard works perfectly fine. You don't need a HOTAS.

You'll still get bored really quickly even when playing with a friend. There's not a lot of things to do in the game, and the things you CAN do are pretty barebones.
>>
File: 2015-12-13_00001.jpg (847 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-13_00001.jpg
847 KB, 2560x1440
>elite
>bad

a HOTAS is insanely nice for elite but MKB is just as workable.
>>
If you want a sim that is like being in space in a future setting, then this is 10/10

Realize that means most of the time is spent flying through space and that physics is a big thing. Sometimes you have to deal with pirates(or be a pirate). Yes it can be repetative, but think about if you were actually doing this, because this is not just an MMO, but a Sim. You have to really like the idea of being in space. If you want the super easy and fast style stuff, then you will have to wait for No Man's Sky.
>>
>>320044876
This

Treat the game like Euro Trick Simulator in space, not Han Solo: The Game

(though most of Han Solo's jobs are also probably just as uneventful)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.