[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which in game hub is the dullest and why is it Dunwall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 1449892929554.jpg (3 MB, 5056x3371) Image search: [Google]
1449892929554.jpg
3 MB, 5056x3371
Which in game hub is the dullest and why is it Dunwall?
>>
>>320002795
Isn't that kind of the point for Dunwall? The city is in a state of disarray over the instabilities in government, the rich live the life while the poor are ignored. Its economy is failing due to the dependence on the whale oil industry and the city is plagued. What's there to be happy about?
>>
>>320002795

she is such a lovely woman
>>
File: ME2 Citadel.jpg (122 KB, 1776x1000) Image search: [Google]
ME2 Citadel.jpg
122 KB, 1776x1000
>>320002795

Not even close, anon - Dunwall oozes atmosphere. Whenever I play it, I feel an almost trippy sense of synesthesia where I can feel London smog seeping into the pores of my skin and I taste tea and chips on my tongue.

Pic related is a example of an ACTUALLY shit hubworld
>>
File: 1449052422460.jpg (3 MB, 3667x5500) Image search: [Google]
1449052422460.jpg
3 MB, 3667x5500
>>320003162
I was talking about interactivity. Bunch of copypasted buildings, no citizens to be found anywhere, select few paths to be traversed, copypasted guard patrols... the devs of Human Revolution said that Jensen had a broken mirror in his apartment to reflect his anguish and that's the real reason - in no way was that avoidance of doing a character reflection in the said mirror. Their explanation reminds me of your reasoning about why Dunwall is dead.

Fact that you have to be trapped on a boat for minutes on end while actually arriving to small part of the city designated for a mission doesn't help.
>>
>>320003521
Okay, posting Bioware and post-Morrowind Bethesda in this thread is cheating.
>>
>>320002795
The Nexus is the dullest
>>
>>320003541
Oh, I misunderstood your question then. I thought you meant from a narrative standpoint. I agree though that the city does feel empty, but for what it did have, it did pretty well. I loved the sections dealing with the aristocracy, they could have done more with the thugs at the brewery place though. Maybe added more to the little hideout area at that pub. All it is is a pub, lighthouse and sewer.
>>
File: Imperial City.png (2 MB, 1167x1458) Image search: [Google]
Imperial City.png
2 MB, 1167x1458
>>320003615

You best not be talking shit bout the Imperial City
>>
>>320002795
Anyone remember this shit? Was always creepily empty (even at release), probably because there was nothing to actually do in it.
>>
>>320003896
It is dull though, any other city in the game is brilliant in comparison.
>>
Worst thing about Dunwall is that it looks like it was carefully put together in map editor; it doesn't feel organic, instead coming off as a predictable playground, from chimneys to doors and floors. You can see it in spacing of corridors, interiors, curtains, chandeliers...
>>
>>320003932
Did that shit ever even get out of the beta phase?
>>
>>320003162
>The city is in a state of disarray

Not saying it didn't fit the game, but sometimes I'd just like to sneak around in a civilization during it's peak and glory instead of ruins everywhere.
>>
I have to say hunter's workshop in Bloodborne.
Not to mention it's the worst hub of all souls games.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>>320004221
They did actually make some cool hubs (the WipeOut HD one springs to mind). I mainly played to RP as a girl and trick guys into giving me gifts.
>>
>>320003640
hey duck you little buddy
>>
>>320002795
I like Dunwall but the actual hub at the Hound Pit or whatever was boring.
>>
File: Bravil.jpg (202 KB, 2360x1772) Image search: [Google]
Bravil.jpg
202 KB, 2360x1772
>>320004165

Are you seriously arguing that Bravil is better than the Imperial City?
>>
I thought the mission areas themselves had a nice size. Enough to warrant some exploring, but not big enough to get distracted by it.

But Hound Pits was really boring. I wish it would have some secret/optional areas or stuff like that, you visit almost every corner of the area as part of the story.
>>
I hated how textures in Dishonored were smeared due to 'design' choices. Really careless art direction. Mushy.
>>
>>320004576
Nexus is dull. The game is great but the Nexus has fuck all to do in it.
>>
>>320005338
Im not trying to defend lack of polish and laziness. But Dishonoured did stick in my mind in terms of its artwork and visuals, so, in that case it probably worked out in the end for them.
>>
>>320004683
Any city in Oblivion is better than the Imperial City.
>>
>>320005741
It felt like an undeveloped but interesting concept art, the whole experience felt like a facade.
>>
>>320004165
>not loving the floated bloat mission
>not loving the gravedigger mission
>not burglarising the entire place and then escaping up a ladder of paintbrushes
Imperial city was the shit bro
>>
>>320005445
Fuck you, the Nexus is great. It looks amazing visually and it has good music.
Majula is dull snd shitty.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.