[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there still games with a good community feeling? You know,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20151006-WA0000.jpg (169 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151006-WA0000.jpg
169 KB, 1600x900
Are there still games with a good community feeling? You know, where after a month or two of playing on a server you'll know 70% of the regulars and they'll know you too.
Nowadays every game seems to have matchmaking, which ensures that you constantly play with different people and usually makes it competitive so everyone's mood goes sour when they lose.
Only games I can think of that might fit the criteria are Garrys Mod and Neotokyo, but they're not that great.
Pic unrelated
>>
I don't play them but MMORPGs are probably made for that
>>
nope. only old mmos had a great sense of community, each server/realm was its own little thing.
>>
>>319985632
I tried TERA and FFXIV free trial, the gameplay is shit and I didn't talk to anyone either.
>>
>>319985785
I was a regular on a Trouble in Terrorist Town server years ago, it was great. But then the server shut down and I'm tired of TTT, not to mention its probably filled with 14 year olds
>>
>find literally any game with dedicated servers
>join server
>continously join server over the course of a few weeks
>you are now a regular

I gotta give people social advice, too?
>>
>>319986095
nah, just recommend games
In Insurgency for example despite there being dedicated servers barely anyone talks to each other, not counting ALLAHU AKBAR
>>
>>319986458
Plenty of people in Insurgency talk to each other, as long as you play on lower playercount servers. 16 or lower is what Insurgency is really balanced for anyway and gives a larger sense of community.
>>
>>319986534
Thanks I'll check it out
I always went for the biggest servers when I played it
>>
>>319985223
Red Orchestra 2, Left 4 Dead 2, maybe Killing Floor
>>
>>319987061
>Killing Floor
>join server
>get kicked cause you're level 1
f-fun
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.