[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sakurai interview during the FE 25th Anniversary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: Translation2.png (202 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Translation2.png
202 KB, 640x400
Well this is interesting.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/13/sakurai-fe25/

Stuff like Marth supposed to be in 64.
>>
>>319982256

>I wanted to add a swordsman that emphasized skill.

Sakurai blowing out Link mains.
>>
So apparently Roy's original development name was Ike.
>>
I get that the unlockables reuse assets, CF = Samus, Puff = Kirby, Luigi = Mario, but who was Ness's reused asset?
>>
>>319982391

In fairness only Link's normals actually use his sword
>>
>>319982557
Well there's his Up B but you're right.
>>
>>319982543
>It’s pretty difficult. If I keep making Smash, I get to work on interesting things like Ryu, but if I leave, I don’t know if the staff could do it by themselves.

sakurai will never relinquish smash as long as he lives, health be damned
>>
>>319982926
To be fair though, that Ryu he made was amazing.

I mean, your usual fan would simply put B moves and A moves that mimic his games and presto. Sakurai went farther like jump physics, button strength, etc.
>>
>>319982543
...maybe pikachu sort of?
>>
>>319982543
Probably a mixture of several characters, like Sonic in Brawl.
>>
>>319982543
Not everything is a fucking pattern. They probably made Ness like they would anyone else, then made him a secret character due to his more obscure nature.

Anyway, man smash1 with more development time would have been crazy. Who all has samurai said he wanted from the start? I know he said browser and dedede, mewtwo I think and Marth apparently.

I will never not be mad about meowth not getting in.
>>
>>319983016
sakurai did a great job on ryu. i just like how the statement weighs the possibility of getting to put VIP video game characters in your game against your replacements being a difficult choice in any fashion. i can't blame sakurai though; i wouldn't trade that for just about anything were i in his position.
>>
File: 1419830226173.png (463 KB, 513x453) Image search: [Google]
1419830226173.png
463 KB, 513x453
>Marth forward air with 64 hitstun and shieldstun

thank fuck that didn't happen.
>>
>>319983370
I guess he was a unique character built to be a secret one.
>>
>>319983370
it's not a pattern.
"...some features we barely finished in time, and the four hidden characters were created only on the premise of being able to reuse some movements and parts of the models of pre-existing characters,"
>>
>>319982418
Many names from FE6,7,8,9 and 10 were all originally gonna be used in FE 64.
>>
>dat Jun Fukuyama comment

this is why I love JP VAs, politics be damned
>>
>Well, DLC is coming to an end soon, y'know?
FUCK
IT'S CONFIRMED, WHAT WE GET ON THE 15'th WILL BE THE LAST DLC
>>
>If I had to offer up one exception from this time, it would be for Pokémon. We knew there was going to be a new release soon, so we left one spot open for a new Pokémon.

Remember that Gematsu leak that used "Pokemon XY"?
>>
who honestly cares about who was supposed to be in older games at this point. He could honestly just say "we really wanted snake in 64 but we just didn't have the time!"

its like "we really wanted the a mosin nagant in modern warfare 2 but we just didn't have the time!"

like fuck, who cares, you can say any of this retroactively
>>
>>319984027
doubtful. this is just the last smash direct. we'll probably be getting characters up to or around e3 2016 before the plug gets pulled. remember that dat mining found three slots in one of the recent updates (cloud being one of them).
>>
>>319984083
Eh, behind-the-scenes and development tracks are curious and interesting.

Stuff like "trends of gaming affecting Fire Emblem" was quite poignant.
>>
>>319984083
history is interesting.
>>
>>319984083
Jeaus Christ, stop eating butthurt at breakfast. These are interesting game development infos, if you want to discuss rosters and shit, go elsewhere.
>>
>>319984142
I wonder when this interview was made. The book was published quite recently so the interview could most likely at this month.
>>
>>319984063
No. Please elaborate.
>>
>>319984541
Early Gematsu leak didn't specify a character, but "Pokemon X/Y". It gives credence to the fact that Gematsu's leak might not get the final roster, but they did get a leak of an early draft. Stuff like Chorus Men and Chrom being in there were laughed at, yet digging information and interviews showed that they were considered.
>>
>>319984664
I always thought the Gematsu leak had a sparkle of truth. One does not guess more than 5 characters with luck.
I agree, the gematsu leak was most likely a work-in-progress roster of newcomers. Especially Chrom, we even got a 3D model for Robin's final smash.
>>
>>319983579
Yea I posted before I read the article. Sorry m8s. I think he's just taking about the models, so I'd guess Ness was built from Mario's model and just shrinking the limbs a bit.
>>319984083
The history is interesting and it's fun to dream. Imagine having a mosin nagant in mw2. Fucking imagine it.
>>
>>319984970
Now that I think about it he has some Mario-esque moves.

>>319984942
God I remember "My Good Friend Shulk". Were detractors silenced when Shulk did come?
>>
>>319982543
I thought it was pretty obviously Fox.
>>
>>319985082
no, because robin was already a thing and the esrb video leak destroyed the rest of the rumor.
>>
>>319984027
You mean: what will be announced on the 15th will (probably) be the last.

They could announce a lot and spread it out over several months.
>>
So I haven't played Roy's game so did Sakurai get it right?

>When I first heard a description of Roy’s character, I felt he was a bit more energetic, had a bit more strength inside of him. So, in comparison to Marth, whose sword is stronger at the tip, I made Roy’s sword stronger near the hilt, which I felt made them feel very different. But I played Binding Blade, and he’s really not like that at all!
>In terms of personality, he’s mostly the same as Marth. But in Melee, Roy is expressed as a very strong character because that’s how I envisioned him during the development phase. I just want to make it clear his representation in Melee is not because I didn’t understand his character (laughs).
>>
File: wha.png (13 KB, 240x215) Image search: [Google]
wha.png
13 KB, 240x215
>>319984942
>>319984664
But doesn't that exact same interview you're taking information from also says that the rest of the non-Pokemon fighters were already decided before the game started getting worked on?
Your logic is pretty hard to follow.
>>
>>319985761
What's hard to get it? The interview explicitly states they reserved a spot specifically for "Pokemon X/Y". They made an exception for Pokemon because a new game is coming.
>>
>>319985671
Nah, he didn't really understand the character at first and stuck to it.
Roy's a bitch in fire emblem.
It makes for a fun character to play in smash, so that's a good thing.
>>
>>319985818
Yes, and the other fighters were already decided, which would mean no scrapped fighter.
>>
>>319985973
Time constraints and such can happen. It could be an early draft of finalized characters, but when they were trying up something on them they couldn't implement them.

Like, it's possible that they have Ice Climbers in the finalized character list, but the 3DS limitations scrapped them.
>>
>>319985865
So Roy is that fag who complains a lot in the games?
>>
>>319984942
Ok, we have to seperate pre e3 and post e3, since the guy only threw out more predictions when he "got" Megaman, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer right.
>Rosalina
a safe and obvious guess, nobody is shocked about this one.
>Little Mac
Again, a rep that a lot of people were expected.

He threw out some safe guesses after getting lucky with an E3 prediction, seemed right for a while, and then fell apart when an actual, unexpected rep showed up.

It's a little sad that you're clinging to your "leak" after all this time.
>>
>>319987036
It is a leak regardless if it is right or not though. It is a leaked early roster choice.
>>
>Gematsufags still exist
How?
>>
>>319987036
Yeah, people like you is why I refrain to speculate Smash 4's development. Whatever, keep believing in the holy lucky guesses. I got enough of leak shit flinging.
>>
>>319987317
don't fuck with me gematsu cultist
i've been defending /v/ from your kind for years and i'll continue to do it until you get BTFO'd into suicide once and for all you faggot
>>
>>319987036
Not saying Gematsu was right, but it didn't predict Rosalina funnily enough.
>>
>>319988328
>>319987308
>>319987036
>there are people who are like this

why does it smell like hindsight fallacy
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.