[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone even play this? I've been a huge GG fan since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14
Does anyone even play this?

I've been a huge GG fan since X and I'm hardly a high-level player, but I get my shit slapped so hard in Network Play that it feels like it's at the point in the community of a fighting game where the only people left are autistic tryhard tourneyfags.
>>
>no Bridget
>no Baiken
>no Anji
>no Testament

JUST
>>
>>319978615
Just ganbare anon-kun and you'll be suteki in no time. Hard work and guts!

I'm not even kidding.

If you don't like hard work story mode is there for the likes of you.
>>
File: justaquicknote.jpg (124 KB, 352x303) Image search: [Google]
justaquicknote.jpg
124 KB, 352x303
>>319980686
あんたの日本語は情け無い.
Anyway, a friend of mine and I forged a strong bond in the trenches of XX#AC but while he kept up by becoming a NEET and playing BlazBlue while I normied up, went to college and am working on a Master's.

High-level play isn't really that fun from what I remember; it's just stressful and frustrating. Do I really want to grind for hours, taking loss after loss, just so I can get back to that level? I dunno.
>>
>>319978615
Git gud bich nga.
>>
>>319978615
How can you play since X and still suck?
>>
>>319981336
I mained Bridget and Testament.
>>
I downloaded the original game to see how it had evolved.

Bit of a wreck, that one.
>>
>>319978615
Tried it and refunded it. I'd rather focus on SFV, T7 and KoF14. Not a fan of the anime dashers it seems
>>
The art department gets two big thumbs up from me, though. Most any frame looks like it could be a still from an anime.
>>
>>319982123
Bedman is the perfect hateable smug asshole. VA both jap and english did a fantastic job.
>>
>>319982202
Yeah! I like most everything about the game except the character cuts and the gameplay.

Bedman seems to be the most "Guilty Gear"-esque of the new additions, that is, he uses a fighting style that's ridiculous and unique that could only happen in the GG setting.

Leo Whiteheart and Elphelt are both pretty generic and feel like scraps from the Blazblue cutting-room floor.
>>
>>319982490
Oh, as well as Sin Kiske. The fact that I didn't even think to mention him pretty well goes to show how forgettable he is.
>>
>>319982123
Thats because its made like an anime.
Its pretty much stopmotion with 3D models and special shading for every frame.
>>
>>319982653
Oh, that's neat. I didn't know that.

Whatever they did was successful!
>>
>>319982123
As long as the characters don't try to move like humans, the art work is fine. There's a cut scene with Millia walking and it is the most awkward, unnatural animation ever concieved.
>>
>>319978615
Is it even worth getting Xrd, or am I better off just waiting until Revelator?

I'm an idort, so the whole platform thing doesn't really matter
>>
>>319983418

Revelator isn't coming out for at least 4-6 months, go for it
>>
i liked playing GGXX, but i'm a sucker that only play fighting games for the singleplayer content and constantly fight bots in versus since i can't deal with real players,
is the SP content good enough in Xrd ?
>>
File: fREEEEza.png (68 KB, 470x469) Image search: [Google]
fREEEEza.png
68 KB, 470x469
>>319983543
You sound like me.

There's an Arcade that's like XX but there's a weird story element to it. Also there's no controller-snappingly frustrating boss fight at the end.
>>
>>319983543

If you want a single player fighting game then Xrd is probably the best GG game to play short of Isuka
>>
>>319983543
Single player content in all fighting games sucks and Xrd only comes with a 4hour movie.
>>
File: feely.jpg (8 KB, 197x249) Image search: [Google]
feely.jpg
8 KB, 197x249
>>319983635
>Isuka
>direction-switching button

Never again.
>>
>>319983771
ArcSys went on to make Hard Corps Uprising, so it's not like they have the excuse of "we're clinically retarded and don't know how this shit works".

Hard Corps Uprising was fucking fantastic, when are they porting that.
>>
>>319982550
He isn't really a new character though
>>
>>319983648
the only fighting game i recall having good lengthy SP content was soul calibur 2 since you had a lot of shit to unlock, then Rival school was great for this too because of minigames
>>
File: Portrate_fanny.gif (19 KB, 238x260) Image search: [Google]
Portrate_fanny.gif
19 KB, 238x260
>Fanny never made it into the main series

This hurts almost as much as Sammy vs. Capcom being vaporware
>>
>>319983939
True.

Overture was as forgettable as Sin is.

Know what? I'm surprised no one's mentioned the last new character I forgot.
>>
>>319984025
I only remembered after I already posted
>>
>>319984025
Ramlethal?

Also Jack-O in Revelator, but she's hardly notable either. Honestly it's been a Tekken-tier disaster apart from Bedman, though I liked Leo and Asphalt anyway.
>>
>>319984121
Yeah, it was Ramlethal.

After reflecting on things and having the several dead ends and trainwrecks of the series brought up in the thread, I'm starting to think it might just be time to hang this series up. It makes me kind of sad to turn my back on GG but you're right about it just being a clusterfuck.

I'd still like some story closure at some point but I guess there's always wikis.
>>
>>319984121
I think people tend to focus too much on the mega crazy characters, while forgetting that GG always had some really basic humans around like Ky, Anji and Axl.
>>
>>319980268
>no Jam
which is most important
>>
>>319984227
And Johnny.

Aside from Ky and Sol (who are notable because they have this big rivalry) all the humans at least had some nutty weapon that made them memorable. Anji has fans, Faust has...Faust, Axl was neat because of his explosive kusarigama.
>>
>>319984294
I dont think that Anjis fans are more memorable than anything Elphelt does.

And I wouldnt count Faust as human, same with Zappa. Those are totally whacky shmacky.
>>
>>319984227
Personally I'm not too hung up about the lack of cuh-razy, though more Venom and Potemkin-type characters would benefit everyone, more about a clear theme.

What the fuck is Ramlethal's theme? Or Sin's? Jack-O has her Halloween shtick, but that's been executed in the lamest fucking way possible.
>>
>>319984583
This guy gets it! He said what I've been trying to. The characters were memorable for having distinct themes.
>>
>>319978615
Welcome to Fighting Games, period. There is no matchmaking and there is no one to carry your ass so better players will simply obliterate you, that's how 1on1 competitive games work. Right now there should be more bad players than usual though.
>>
>>319984583
Sin got as much of a theme as Ky.
He is close to him in many aspects, even gameplay. They took away Kys fireballs but made him more pokey instead.
He is defined by his weapon about as much as Axl is. His shonen hungry guy personality plays into his gameplay.

Ramlethal is boss character tier for all intents and purposes with those bigass summon swords.
>>
>>319984583
Sin is just supposed to be Ky x Sol, in terms of gameplay, design, and theme
>>
>Tfw you started maining Leo in Xrd
>Tfw all your friends start getting incredibly mad and salty at you and contemplate quitting the game
>Intense homolust for the big lion/gorilla german man

Suffering. I just want to unga.
>>
>>319985273
Anyone that complains about Leo to the point of wanting to quit are just garbage players that shouldn't be taken seriously.

If they're contemplating quitting because of one of the worst characters in the game make them fight against a Millia/Elphelt/Zato player and see how quickly they quit.
>>
File: 1421162552571.gif (929 KB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
1421162552571.gif
929 KB, 400x228
>>319985481
Millia is easily the biggest piece of shit.
I dont get why people arent more upset about her.
She should get much more flak.
>>
>>319985481

I keep telling them that. Pushing buttons beats the most basic-ass Leo pressure and you can just throw his cross-up dash on reaction but this is apparently "too hard".

Friend plays Faust now because Potemkin was too hard and too bad and then he complains about Leo being just "mash buttons and stuff happens".
>>
>>319982653
The models are especially made. The parts float and clip into themselves to make it look more like 2D. It's really amazing.
>>
>>319985652
The reason Millia and Zato don't get a lot more flak is because they've been on top for so long that people are used to it by now.

Elphelt on the other hand is brand new so of course people are gonna direct their hate towards the new kid on the block. Personally I've never been the type of person to hate a character just because of how good they are, sure Millia/Zato/Elphelt are extremely good but they're not unbeatable, the only times I've actually hated a character is when they're legit broken to the point that the only other character that can beat them is himself (of course that just results in the character getting banned).

>>319985740
>Faust player complaining about Leo
Jesus Christ, have you told him Faust can pretty much control the match because Leo really can't do anything to compete with Faust's range? Of course someone that says a character is just "mash buttons and stuff happens" will probably just spit your advice back in your face.
>>
File: Potemkin_GGXrd_Portrait.png (1 MB, 965x1280) Image search: [Google]
Potemkin_GGXrd_Portrait.png
1 MB, 965x1280
Is no one else triggered by the SFX in this game? Hitting people with this dudes giant metal fists shouldn't make swish and slash noises. It makes everything lack impact.
>>
>>319986243

they've been using the same sound effects since GGX

just budget cut my shit up
>>
>>319986313

Its the thing I like least about this game. I hate all the characters but Potemkin but I can still enjoy playing the game. But man the SFX really dull the actual feel of the game.
>>
>>319986180
>Jesus Christ, have you told him Faust can pretty much control the match because Leo really can't do anything to compete with Faust's range? Of course someone that says a character is just "mash buttons and stuff happens" will probably just spit your advice back in your face.

That's what I do all the time. Have to work so hard to get around literally anything that Faust does in neutral and then he complains about the effortless free damage. The parry is all the rage, too.

He used to play Justice in accent core, by the way. He still memes on me about "autocombos" and "braindead easy mixups". I don't know what to think about him sometimes.
>>
>>319986459
Forgot to mention that before Xrd I used to main Ky.
>>
>>319986243
how do you pronounce his name again?
>>
>>319986548

I think it's

rus-sian-ba-till-ship
>>
>>319986459
Wait, what Justice are we talking about? Is it the broken boss character Justice or +R Justice that's actually balanced for competitive play?

If it's the former then your friend sounds like a huge faggot. Honestly players like him will never change, the best thing you could do is just ignore his comments and let him think whatever he wants, I know it sucks but that's just how the mind of a scrub works.
>>
>>319986413
>Catalog
You like the most boring character
>>
>>319986707
So a game called GG has a end boss character called Justice?

Like in social Justice?

Woa...
>>
>>319986709

Nah, the other characters are fucking lame.
>>
>>319986707
I'm talking the "balanced" Justice. I mean, I'm sure she's fine but the netcode is pretty flimsy and she's got some of the most polarized match-ups I've seen of any character. That and the fucking air game.

I still can't quite get over valkyrie arc which is ironic in its own way, I guess.
>>
File: VOJQLVTBEP.jpg (115 KB, 749x1122) Image search: [Google]
VOJQLVTBEP.jpg
115 KB, 749x1122
>>319986548
>>
I hate the subtitles in this game.
They don't translate what the Japanese voices say.
It's like they used the dubs lines.
>>
>sit through 3 spectator matches
>turn finally comes up
>get kicked

Fuck you too.
>>
>>319988104
That's exactly what it is.
>>
>>319984583
>Sin's
Shonen protagonist/New Generation Prodigy
>Impressionable Youth
>Lazy but Mega-OP teacher
>Distant dad relationship
>POWER IS MAXIMUM when unhinged (Instant kill)
>Moveset is pretty much Ky with Sol's aggression

Ramlethal
Human Weapon
>Creepy deadpan doll of a girl, ironically too cute and naive to be hated for it. Sorta like how EVA's Rei being a weird ayyylien massively failed but on purpose.
>Could give less of a shit about her personal health, but easily taught to.
>Doesn't know simple pleasures
>Combat style is like a trained animal. Tool dependent to accommodate primal swipes and lashes.

But honestly, all of you sound like you just want to validate your criticisms when even the first GG was a bunch of lame 90s edgy anime tropes with a metal hook.
>>
>>319988349
Damnit...
Oh well, I'll just run without them then.
Heading to this thread since it's more populated.
>>319984968
Doing more 10K screenshot requests there.
>>
>>319988802
No one cares about your down sampled horse shit.
>>
How do I pronounce this game's name even?
Ten-erd? Tenth-ered? Turd?
>>
>>319988852
I didn't ask for your insignificant opinion.

>>319988901
X-third.
>>
>>319988901
Ex-erred.
>>
>>319988946

The announcer saying it is like the first thing you hear when loading the game, anon.
>>
>>319982490
>Elphelt
>Generic
>Over anyone but ABA and Zappa

You can dislike lighthearted characters with self aware obsessions and fanservice, but just about the only characters I can think of that match her gameplay wise are a weird fusion of Cable, Sion, D.Dark, and Part 2 Joseph Joestar. All of which are super niche.

While I can't think of a single character that fits both her dominant personality traits WITH self-awareness.
>>
>>319980973

If you can't have fun without winning you'll have to
>>
File: 1400947547000.png (432 KB, 776x566) Image search: [Google]
1400947547000.png
432 KB, 776x566
vidya

Search ID: 83eu

EU lobby
>>
File: 1443685506479.png (242 KB, 955x643) Image search: [Google]
1443685506479.png
242 KB, 955x643
>>319988735
>But honestly, all of you sound like you want to validate your criticisms when even the first GG was a bunch of lame 90s edgy anime tropes with a metal hook.
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug anon, notice how gameplay wasn't even mentioned once (except that one guy that said he liked everything about the games except for the actual gameplay).

Hilariously enough I've even seen people complaining about Xrd "ruining" Sol's character by turning him into the cliche badass with the heart of gold (despite the fact that's what he's always been). I remember people calling Elphelt a moeblob before the game came out and then in the story she ended up being pretty serious for most of the scenes, of course she still had her cute moments but I don't see how that's a bad thing considering May has existed since GG1 and Dizzy has been around since GGX.

I'm not saying people aren't allowed the dislike the newcomers whether is because they don't like their designs or gameplay but complaining they're anime cliches is just fucking stupid. Personally I think they're all great additions to the series, sure I like some more than others design wise but all of them bring new and unique gameplay that's completely different from anyone else in the series and that's what a GG character is supposed to be in my opinion, someone with a cool/wacky design that has a unique playstyle with a few heavy/thrash/power/death/etc. metal references sprinkled on top.
>>
>>319989280
Never played it.
>>
>>319986548
PAH-TYOM-KIM
>>
>>319980973
>>>319980686
>あんたの日本語は情け無い.
>Anyway, a friend of mine and I forged a strong bond in the trenches of XX#AC but while he kept up by becoming a NEET and playing BlazBlue while I normied up, went to college and am working on a Master's.
>High-level play isn't really that fun from what I remember; it's just stressful and frustrating. Do I really want to grind for hours, taking loss after loss, just so I can get back to that level? I dunno.
>>319980973
Story of my life. Except for the master's lol.
>>
File: 1442585119213.gif (120 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
1442585119213.gif
120 KB, 240x280
>>319980268
OR BE DEAD
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.