[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you excited for South Park: The Fractured But Whole vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
18 KB, 480x360
Are you excited for South Park: The Fractured But Whole vidya?
>>
>>319971595
Yes.
I'm surprised that they decided to 180 the plot line in the middle of the latest season.
>>
>>319971595

I'm excited at the prospect of PC Principal being in it
>>
Obsidian isn't making it so I'm sort of skeptical
>>
>>319971595
If its like SoT, but longer then sure
>>
>>319971595
thrilled.

i know i said this in the last thread, but i really wish matt and trey would work on another broadway musucal
>>
>>319971595
not really if the whole game is going to be taking potshots at liberals, they're easy targets and any retard here can make "triggered" jokes for free
>>
>>319972950
>but i really wish matt and trey would work on another broadway musucal
went to go see book of mormon three times. I hope they turn it into a movie. But I hope they do another musical even more.
>>
Is this still a RPG or a beat em up?

Beat 'em ups haven't been good since the 90s and get old fast.
>>
>Capeshit
no thanks
>>
PC Principal ended up being the best character this season.
>>
Wait til its $10-$20 on sale, I got the stick of truth at $15 and it was worth it at that price, no replay value but funny if you like the show.
>>
the end of season 19 was so bad

i'm not the only one who thought the last two episodes were extremely scattered and hard to follow, right?
>>
>>319971595

Not really. South Park hasn't been good for ages ever since they got lazy and started just referencing shit happening in real life.
>>
>>319974115
I didn't like the finale, but I liked the rest of the season. I don't understand the thing about the guns.
>>
>>319974038
I thought most of s19 was pretty garbage
>>
>>319974038
>hard to follow

You're retarded anon. Sorry.

However, the ending was still bad. Just not for that reason.
>>
>>319974232
>You're retarded anon. Sorry.
there were like 4 storylines by the last episode and they barely got resolved
>>
>>319974187
this, the finale sucked and never got the gun thing either.
>>
>>319974115
>just referencing shit happening in real life.
so the last 16 seasons then?
>>
>>319974312
>>319974187

What's this about guns?
>>
>>319974187
>>319974312
If both sides are armed they will resort to a nice polite conversation is what I got from it. I have no fucking clue what it meant either.
>>
>>319974038

The ad shit was way too out there and took the focus away from the PC stuff.

They should have just gone with crab people (whose entire gimmick was "if you can't beat man, change man") like a lot of people were predicting they would.
>>
File: 1349553173703.gif (3 MB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1349553173703.gif
3 MB, 255x191
>>319971595
Fucking hell I was so disappointed all the shit concerning the Ads wasn't just a huge setup for the game.
>>
>>319973064
if they are such an easy target then why do you never see them getting made fun of on SNL, College Humor, Funny or Die, Amy Shumer Show, etc. ?
>>
>>319973064

Let's be honest, so are conservatives. American politics are already kinda like an over the top parody of normal western politics.
>>
>>319973482
that good? i wanted to see it a few years back but i don't want to go alone to a musical
>>
>>319974187
Almost seems like they felt like they had been too focused on one group of people during the season and was like "oh shit, I guess we ought to poke fun at the right wing nutjobs so we don't seem biased."

Or maybe they have interacted with people that we have not heard much about in our corner of the internet. Maybe SJW circles would 'get it'?
>>
>>319974187
They're making fun of people who buy guns because all of the altercations end up being peacefully resolved and being ironic, and they're making fun of people who are against guns because it was showing that people feel like they need a gun to get their point across, and if you don't have a gun you don't stand a chance.
>>
>>319974530
They already did that with the GoT episodes and Stick of Truth.
>>
If it's making fun of trannies and PC culture, count me in.

I just like the thought of bloggers having to review a game that doesn't give a fuck about their feelings while the fear of being boycott by Ubisoft looms over their head.
>>
>>319974530
>implying the ads end with Lesile
Theres gotta be more sentient ads out there
>>
>Gun control
>>
Here's what I would have done to end the series:

Go with the gun angle for the last episode, but make the NRA behind the whole PC and ad controversy. The NRA is trying to cause a lot of hysteria and violence so that everyone goes out to buy guns. Everyone has fallen for the biggest advertisement of all.
>>
>>319974443

Exactly what you said. Guns are the great equalizer. Even a cripple is a threat with a gun.
You suddenly have everyone on equal footing.
>>
>>319974038
That finale was fucking week. It's not that they were hard to follow, any SP plot isn't hard to follow if you're past the 4th grade. The problem is when they try to do too many plotlines/characters at once they all end up below average. The events of the last 2 eps should have been 3 eps instead and more fleshed out, or just 2 eps but with half the plotlines dropped.
>>
>>319972923
Underrated
>>
>>319974845
try to keep it in the bounds of at least south park let alone videogames
>>
>>319974038
>hard to follow

what are you 5?
>>
>>319975069
no they just brought up a bunch of plotlines and never resolved them
>>
>>319974187
the thing about the guns was SHITTY FUCKING TRIGGER DISCIPLINE
>>
Yes, because it should add any location/content that was cut or gutted completely. Like the Mall, Hell, Satan's role in the game and other shit.
>>
>>319975132
>never resolved them
That's what makes it funny. South Park isn't a fucking story-driven show. The creators know that. Everyone and every thing is going to go back to normal next season, rinse, and repeat.
>>
>>319975132
>brought up a bunch of plotlines and never resolved them

i don't what you're expecting but SP isn't known giving a story arcs
>>
>>319974586
Politics in general tend to be a parody of themselves no matter where you go.
>>
>>319971595
I haven't watched the last season but from what I gather about this guy he's the new principle who violently enforces PC culture like a fratboy?

And he's currently the most beloved character in the whole show?
>>
Man I loved Stick of Truth. Paper Mario mixed with one of my favorite TV shows. I hope this next one can keep it up.

And I hope Pussy Crusher Principal is the recruitable rival/antihero.
>>
>>319973064
When the fuck "liberal" changed meaning from well... liberal to SJW? Censorship is not liberal
>>
File: 1448165409383.gif (480 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
1448165409383.gif
480 KB, 250x309
>>319975405

Yes.
>>
>>319975405
I thought I was gonna hate when he first appeared but I quickly started liking him.

and he doesn't enforce PC culture he Crushes Pussy.
>>
>>319975537
people should really stop calling them that already, Bill Maher is still a liberal I think though even though he's pretty far left
>>
>people still think PC Principal cares more about crushing pussy than correcting privilege
>>
>>319975693
WHO THE FUCK SAYS WE ONLY CRUSH PUSS?

I'M GONNA BREAK HIS FUCKING LEGS
>>
>>319971595
Not after the season finale
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.