[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can be invaded while hollow What kind of retard thought this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
>can be invaded while hollow
What kind of retard thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>319939979
>What kind of retard thought this was a good idea?
b team
>>
it woulbe fine if you didn't lose health every time you died
>>
become better
>>
Burn an effigy. Or kill the area boss if you're tough enough!
>>
>>319939979
I liked it, I didn't like the fact that I'd constantly have to waste humanities if I wanted to be able to access the online portion of the game.
The only time I was ever invaded in DaS was when I went to human to summon for drake & josh when I couldn't beat them after a shit ton of tires
>>
I very rarely get invaded in DaS2 with the exception of gank bellfries
>>
It was implemented poorly, but the intentions were noble.

They intended it as a means to circumvent the army of faggots who play through the entire game hollow just to avoid being confronted with a challenge.
>>
Never really was a problem for me. The Human/Hollow system felt kind of weak at that point though.
>>
>>319939979

A smart person. Someone who realized that people only got invaded in DaS when they wanted to be invaded, defeating the whole point of the system.
>>
>>319939979
Just git gud
>>
>>319941180
It's been a while since I played Dark Souls II, but can't you only summon people at full health?

Why expose a player to invasions if they can't summon?
>>
>>319939979
Doesn't really matter anyways, you never get invaded in your first playthrough
>>
>>319941298
So they can git gud, unlike OP
>>
File: 1247618979086.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1247618979086.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>hitting a dead body does ridiculous amounts of durability damage
>people defend it

>barely any shortcuts or interconnecting pathways between areas due to bonfires every 5 feet
>people defend it

>geography makes no sense partly due to overabundance of bonfires (reach top of windmill, take elevator up into a volcano)
>people defend it

>too many stats and the inclusion of ADP encourages a super high level meta where all builds become similar
>people defend it

>soul memory harms bad players more so than good players and breaks matchmaking
>people defend it

>game is unfinished, requiring dlc to fix it
>people defend it

>invasions almost nonexistent due to a limited supply of cracked orbs and complete lack of whole orbs
>people defend it

>broken tracking and hitboxes on numerous attacks and monsters
>people defend it

>most bosses are similar, big guys in armor with big weapon and shield, and require a similarly simple strategy to defeat
>people defend it

>enemies within aggro range of bonfires
>people defend it
>>
File: 1406582433858.jpg (79 KB, 403x498) Image search: [Google]
1406582433858.jpg
79 KB, 403x498
>be doing no bonfire, no death run
>forget to unplug internet
>get invaded in FoFG
>lmao2kat
>can't damage him
>decide to run away and time him out
>wait what's this
>get dragged backward 20 feet and go through canned backstab animation
>you died like a bitch
>have to restart run
10/10 mechanics, should have outplayed the BR internet.
>>
>>319941298
>pop effigy just before boss
>instant summon
>enter boss case anyone invaded

Ye nah, the system was flawed multiple ways. This was one of the few things dark souls 2 did it right. They should had just increased the timer to invade hollow to like 20 min after 1 time and no timer if you are human.That way you can still be invaded while hollow but won't be spammed to hell and back
>>
>>319941480

People also complained about all that shit.
>>
>>319941480
nobody defends any of this, what are you talking about.
>>
>>319941494
The netcoding for 2 might actually be way worse than 1. I remember getting backstabbed from halfway across rooms far more often in 2 than in 1. And comparing it to BB's online makes it seem absolutely abysmal. I get killed sometimes by chinks who are swinging 20 feet away from me, but it isn't often at all and not nearly as bad as what happened in DaS 2.
>>
>>319941802
When Dark Souls 2 first came out dozens of people in every thread where these things came up scrambled to defend their precious FS from criticism. Just because you personally didn't doesn't mean no one did.
>>
>>319941480
>don't hit dead bodies
>just run through
>muh world lore
>no useless stats like res
>souls memory forced you to git gud
>like how Dark Souls didn't need DLC either, right?
>they're supposed to be a special occasion, not a daily occurrence
>just git gud and time your rolls better
>you're fighting the remnants of a king's army who are composed of guys in armor, shocking
>git gud again
>>
>>319941979
and then we have mean gene the meme machine here
>>
>>319942120
Nice counterargument you have there m8
>>
>>319941298

I don't see why "exposing the player to invasions" is such a horrible thing. Even with DaS2's system, you just don't get invaded enough for it to really ruin any part of the game for you.

DaS1 and BB treat invasions like a punishment, and let the player avoid them really easily. I like the idea that I can get invaded, and it's not like you need two other players as back-up in order to take on one invader.
>>
Wait, people got invaded in DaS2?
I think I only ever got invaded once during my multiple playthroughs of the game, and it was in NG+ at the forest, and I played around launch
>>
People dislike invasions? I love getting invaded/invading, shame it happens so rarely.
>>
Being invaded is the best part of the game. If anything, it should happen more often.
>>
>>319941494
Wow dude, you made it past majula without dying? Hardcore man. Shame that invader ruined such a strong run.
>>
Bloodborne's system is easily the worst yet.

>Can only get invaded when a bell-ringing woman shows up
>Summon some help before a boss
>"Drawn by the timbre of your beckoning bell, a sinister bel-"
>You're already fighting the boss

>Get to the nightmare areas
>Killing a weak enemy 1/3 of the way through the stage stops invasions permanently

>Add DLC that's in another nightmare area
>No bell women
>>
>>319942243
I never got invaded that much, only assisted another player twice while inside the way of blue.

Unless we are taking into account Rats/Bellfry zones
>>
>>319942625
I'm pretty sure there's a bell ringer in Hunter's Nightmare.

But yeah, it's kind of lame that she's gone forever just killing her once. I was cooping with a friend and hoping we'd get invaded, the second he saw the bell ringer he just b-lined for her and killed her before I could tell him to stop.
>>
>>319942625
Dont forget 20 blood vials every fight.

"HARDCORE HIGH LEVEL SERIOUS DARK SOULS PVPers " whine about the simplicity of BB pvp, but really the fastest way to kill somebody is to get in their face and R1 spam so they cant heal
>>
>>319942625
Bloodborne is the worst Souls game yet in terms of a lot of things.
>>
>>319942243
I actually never got invaded. Literally never, outside of the "open PvP" areas like the bell faggots and shit.

I hope they remove PvP-dedicated areas from DaS3 and just fucking make invasions/co-op work properly. Fuck PvP fags.
>>
>>319942661
>Join blue sentinels on 2 or 3 different guys
>10~30 hours or so of wearing this worthless ring on each character
>0 summons

neato
>>
>>319943234
>I hope they remove PvP-dedicated areas from DaS3 and just fucking make invasions/co-op work properly. Fuck PvP fags.

>I hope they gimp invasions in such a way that it suits my personal preference and disdain for PvP

ftfy
>>
soul memory is even worse imo

god ds2 was shit
>>
>>319943050
Most fights are over fairly quickly even if both guys are healing; the way gems work you can kill someone in 2 or 3 hits a lot of the time.
>>
>>319943521
Found the guy mad he can't do twink builds anymore.
>>
>>319940989
you can still play offline fgt
>>
>>319943593
you can still do twink build easily
>>
>>319943417
PvP is the cancer of Dark Souls. They tried to make a PvP-friendly game with DaS2 by balancing everything. In result we got a fucking atrocious armor and poise system and 0 interesting weapons because "can't have anything too broken lol".
>>
>>319943593
Why do you think that's the only reason people don't like soul memory? All souls count against you now, even ones you lose, or spend on items including consumables.
>>
>>319943521
SM was the only thing which could make this shitty casual series somewhat challenging.
>>
>>319943916
So you have to be more careful about dying and what you spend on consumables. Unless you're just dying a lot or spending a fuck ton of souls neither of those should really be a big deal.
>>
>>319943916
The only people who didn't like SM were
>twinks who needed to fight scrubs in order to feel good
>mother hens who insists on holding the hands of scrubs long past the point of kicking them to fend for themselves
So which one are you?
>>
>>319942120
Look, I know you've wanted to use that line for a while now, but it's not even funny and you should kill yourself
>>
>>319943870
Your complaint makes no sense.

> In result we got a fucking atrocious armor and poise system and 0 interesting weapons because "can't have anything too broken lol"

We have these things because the b-team has no idea how to properly balance a game, and things were broken anyway. Hexes were too good and things like RoB/Flynn broke the meta even more. There was nothing "pvp friendly" about the game, half the covenants that were focused on PvP didn't work right or were poorly thought out.
>>
>>319944352
>because the b-team
I love this b-meme
>>
>>319942625
She comes back every time you ring the beckoning bell
>>
>>319944352
>le b team meme is still a thing

/v/ never changes
>>
>>319939979
were you not prepared to le die xD?
>>
>>319944165
I don't want to worry about getting matched against someone 50 levels higher than me simply because I bought consumables or got my ass kicked repeatedly in some section of the game. I don't know why people defend SM like this.

>You're either a twink or you're shit

Who gives a fuck, players shouldn't be forced to match against someone a shit load of levels higher than them due to a broken mechanic. If SM was souls that you've actually used that would be more reasonable, but it's not, so even a single death without reclaiming my souls makes me feel like I've gimped myself for future PvP. It also means if I want to duel at a certain level range I have to stop progressing in the game basically since everything I kill arbitrarily boosts my matchmaking level range. It's a broken and poorly thought out mechanic that wasn't implemented in BB for good reason.
>>
>>319939979
Soul memory....

That's all I've got to say.
>>
>>319944256
>>319942183
hello reddit we meet again
>>
>>319944964
>Who gives a fuck, players shouldn't be forced to match against someone a shit load of levels higher than them due to a broken mechanic.
Working as intended, not broken.
>If SM was souls that you've actually used that would be more reasonable, but it's not, so even a single death without reclaiming my souls makes me feel like I've gimped myself for future PvP.
Coming from someone with over 300 hours in the game, you're massively overblowing the effect it has. Though, I don't lose my souls that often.
>It also means if I want to duel at a certain level range I have to stop progressing in the game basically since everything I kill arbitrarily boosts my matchmaking level range.
Level ranges or soul memory ranges are pointless in DaS2, especially in NG+ and beyond
>It's a broken and poorly thought out mechanic that wasn't implemented in BB for good reason.
And here we are again calling a mechanic you don't like broken. It's working as intended, and it's a much better system than BB has in the same way that DaS2 is a much better game than BB
>>
>>319944546
There are literally different teams on Dark Souls 1 and 2. Look at the fucking credits
>>
>>319944508
Does she stay permanently?
>>
Did they ever even add a way to farm effigies/humanity into the game?
>>
>>319945647
no
>>
>>319945773

For fuck's sake, From.
>>
File: with more critics and ratings.png (111 KB, 653x554) Image search: [Google]
with more critics and ratings.png
111 KB, 653x554
>>319945572
>DaS2 is a much better game than BB

You've forced my hand, now suffer the consequences
>>
>>319944964
If you're being matched against someone 50 levels higher than you because you bought consumables, that means you have 50 levels worth of consumables advantage over him, so use it.
>>
>>319940989
yeah, nothing like getting invaded by some twink faggot when you're brand new to the game and getting one shot

haha good challenge

souls pvp always has been and always will be shit
>>
I miss Demon's Souls invasions where it was just simply get a black eye stone. Also the scraping spear and soulsucker.

Fuck you duel-fags, you ruined the PvP experience with your bowing and honor bullshit.
>>
>>319945926
why would you spoiler that?

it's not a secret
>>
>>319941480
Nobody defends these. Everybody complains about it. These 'people' you mention are imaginary opposition you invented just so you can feel smart
>>
>>319945926
This really doesn't happen nearly as much as faggots like you make it sound.
>>
>>319945584
They were mostly the same teams, aside from the obvious Miyazaki.
>>
>>319946292
that must be why they literally made a covenant for people who need defense against being invaded
>>
>>319945862

>scores actually mean anything

How does it feel to have an opinion based on what the vast majority says is correct
>>
File: 1449802707139.png (91 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
1449802707139.png
91 KB, 240x255
>>319946232

>>319941979
>>319943964
>>319944067
>>319944165
>>
>>319945862
>giving two shits about metacritic

How are you today, reddit?
>>
>>319946427
They made a covenant because people whined about invasions, not specifically because of twinks. If you were getting one shotted by twinks, even as much as some people make it sound, having a phantom with you wouldn't help. It's just another guy for the twink to cleave in two while laughing about it.

If twinks were such a problem they would've implemented something that made more sense to combat twinks, like normalizing the stats between the invader and the host, or nerfing the invader's health like in DeS and BB
>>
>>319946481
>Lots of people agree with what your opinion so you're wrong or it's bad for some reason
Do you argue the earth is hollow or flat cuz it's so not mainstream?

>>319946718
>DaS2 is a much better game than BB
I gave evidence that proves otherwise, sorry you don't like it
>>
File: bait 3.jpg (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait 3.jpg
55 KB, 625x626
>>319947038
Step it up, senpai.
>>
>>319940989
DEXfag detected
>>
invasions would actually be a lot of fun if you didnt lose anything when you get invaded people would actually be encouraged to engage in combat when they are invaded

instead you have faggots looking to feast on retards and people running away for dear life trying to preserve their souls
>>
File: murphy.jpg (19 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
murphy.jpg
19 KB, 400x236
>>319947240
I've already won
>>
>>319947639
>invasions would actually be a lot of fun if you didnt lose anything

Fuck that, bring back the scraping spear.
>>
File: 1432517049190.png (165 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1432517049190.png
165 KB, 303x311
More importantly, what retard thought it was a good idea to introduce the multiplayer souls bank thing?
Even MORE importantly, what retard thought it was a good idea to take away from your overall health every time you die?
>>
File: 1393630896645.gif (83 KB, 303x312) Image search: [Google]
1393630896645.gif
83 KB, 303x312
>>319941480
>invasions almost nonexistent due to a limited supply of cracked orbs and complete lack of whole orbs

>play DaS1
>use cracked red eye orb until you kill 4kids and have 10 humanity to spare
>which i might add are not renewable, so you're stuck with 10 until kaathe
>wait five minutes
>get told you can't invade
>rinse and repeat or go somewhere else

>play DaS2
>use cracked orb
>immediately told if you get an invasion or not
>if not, go somewhere else
>if you run out of cracked orbs, hit up the arena and get more if you're not a shitter or buy them in ng+ where 10k souls is chump change
>>
>>319947946

>what retard thought it was a good idea to take away from your overall health every time you die?

Miyazaki.
>>
Don't you worry op, they made it almost impossible for you to be actually invaded thanks to soul memory and absence of full orb.
And if someone invades, just summon 3 phantoms with one of them being an NPC with 10k HP and infinite forbidden suns, then use the giant seed to make area enemies hostile towards invader as well :)
>>
>>319942183
I already want to, anon. I lost my job, my life is going nowhere, and I'm a burden to everyone I know. The world as a whole would benefit if I was dead.
>>
>play through DS1, DS2 multiple times
>get invaded once or twice
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.