[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so once both of these consoles online services shut down, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 7th.jpg (45 KB, 667x412) Image search: [Google]
7th.jpg
45 KB, 667x412
so once both of these consoles online services shut down, how the fuck am i suppose to download the inevitable patch that fixes everything thats wrong with the game if i buy a game for these systems?
>>
Welcome to the new age
>>
lol why wouldnt you just buy the new one? you would actually want to play old shit? lmao
>>
Don't buy games that require patches to be playable.
>>
by the time those consoles cant connect to the internet this wont be an issue
>>
>>319938747
but literally all new games now require some sort of patch before you play them. i cant even remember the last game i bought that didnt require one
>>
>>319939004
Every game has patches, not all of them are unplayable without patches.
>>
>>319939004
Pretty much all games have patches now but a lot of the time it's just minute bug fixes that you wouldn't really notice.
>>
>>319938096
it's okay we have endless re-releases anyway now
>>
>>319938096

well as example,

I'm going to buy bayoneta for xbox not ps3 since ps3 without patch apearently is unplayable. thats a way around it, but ps3/360 are the last of the consoles, with games able to work just from disc...somewhat work, ps4 and onward its going to be horrible.
>>
>>319938096

it jus werks..
>>
>>319938096
this also makes me think about DLC, how the fuck are we gonna buy those if the game didnt come out with some sort of GOTY edition
>>
Download the patch from online and install with a usb, you fucking idiot
>>
>>319939317
>>319939409
i guess thats true, one thing i didnt realize is that modding systems are still thing. so theres that bypass
>>
>>319939831

Isnt it an option to get a spare Hard drive, install all games you'l SOMEDAY in the future know youd want the dlc for/patching, and just safe that somewhere, maybe even 2, its retarded but shouldnt that be an option.
>>
>>319939890
you cant do this with game updates at least not for ps3
>>
>>319939890
>>319940294

myeah, a cool thing sony and microsoft could do is just host ALL fucking updates of ALL games on 1 shit server in a shit storage room somewhere.

But that wont ever happen...

Just sucks with ps3 and onward, pc's will allways be able to fix that shit and make it work SOMEHOW cause some crazy nerd has all the patches on a server of obsure game nr59
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.