[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trophies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Daenerys Targaryen.png (739 KB, 960x624) Image search: [Google]
Daenerys Targaryen.png
739 KB, 960x624
Have you ever purchased a game simply because you have found out it was easy to receive a platinum trophy?

How many Platinum trophies do you currently have?
>>
no,i have for an easy 1000G though if it's cheap.
>>
When I was a young faggot and not just a regular faggot like I am today, I bought that Avatar game on 360 which gave you 1000g just for pressing the b button 300 times.
>>
I rent a lot of games for easy completions, got 600 platinum equivalents on Xbox
>>
File: IwC4CGU.gif (427 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
IwC4CGU.gif
427 KB, 320x240
>>319927662
Avatar: The Last Airbender was being passed around at a LAN party, and I couldn't resist.

One guy was a dick and kept unplugging the console right before I got the last achievement, so it took longer than expected.
>>
File: CR9hz6XUwAAZaun.jpg orig.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CR9hz6XUwAAZaun.jpg orig.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: CSr5DJbUYAAA7Ga.jpg orig.jpg (439 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CSr5DJbUYAAA7Ga.jpg orig.jpg
439 KB, 1920x1080
I bought the Uncharted Collection because they're all pretty easy plats
>>
File: 1449570872276.jpg (111 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1449570872276.jpg
111 KB, 350x350
>>319927662
>Hey bro, I don't think you're a completely sad tosser because you have those abitrary trophies!
>Hello, we'd like to offer you a great job because of your arbitrary trophies.
>Oh Anon, please marry me, I want to share a life with you and your arbitrary trophies!
>On my deathbed, I think back to that time I completed a game and the game said "well done" and smile, because it was the most important thing I did. Until I wrote this, because my life is an empty hollow mess filled with nothing but caring about completely arbitrary trophies.
>>
>>319927662
I'm on the other side of the coin, trying some fucking dumb platinums atm with USF4 and Rayman Legends, fuck those. The "complete all objectives" is the last one i'm missing from MGSV but holy shit is it tedious.
>>
God of War 3 (bit of a challange)
Playstation All-Stars (easy as piss)
Fallout 3 (Simple enough)
Infamous (two play-throughs)
>>
>>319930735
I platinumed SF4 and SSF4, i'm having trouble finding the will to do USF4 on my PS4 due to burning myself out on the previous iterations.

MGSV wasn't bad until I had to wait an extra 18 hours with nothing to do while a Nuke finished building.
>>
>>319927662
IIT faggots post about the thing that ruined video games. You faggots are the reason video games don't have fun cheat modes and shit like that! If you care about achievement enough to waste money buying shitty games just because it then please kill yourselves you worthless faggots.
>>
>>319927662
That's impressive, they even managed to perfectly emulate Emilia Clarke's constipation face that she uses for every single emotion.
>>
>>319927662
No, I'm not a retard
>>
My friend bought viva piniata for that on Xbox and got 3000g from it j think
>>
File: 1384310466327.png (154 KB, 328x648) Image search: [Google]
1384310466327.png
154 KB, 328x648
>>319927662
I bought Muramasa on the Vita used and noticed that I couldn't earn trophies in it because apparently you can't earn trophies if someone else registered the game to a different account?
I thought it was hilariously stupid that the game gave me the warning every time I booted it up. Do people really pay over twice the price for old games for the sake of something as meaningless as virtual trophies? Why?
>>
Achievements are uninteresting to me at this point. I would rather them just clearly denote which games a user/friend has completed and which he has not. Every time you beat a game it plastered onto your friends' screen along with a message you've personalized.

>AWW REKT'D AGAIN FAGGOT [username] JUST FINISHED [GAME NAME]! IT'S [current year] AND YOU'RE STILL AT[completion percentage]! HA, HA, CRY MORE, PLEB.
>>
>>319927662
No
Technically not a platinum trophy since it was on PC but the only game I've ever gotten every achievement for is Prototype 2.
Well, and the standalone Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry, but I'm not sure if that counts.
>>
>>319933430
That's a thing? I could've sworn i've bought some used Vita games and never had to deal with that.
>>
>>319933430
>because apparently you can't earn trophies if someone else registered the game to a different account?

This isn't a thing
>>
>>319927662

bought 3 easy plat games on PS3. played one through to completion and it was so mind numbing i left the other 2 to gather dust
>>
>>319927662
when i had a 360 and was in high school there was a copy of the avatar airbender game that got circulated amongst the school.
>>
I find myself buying games on PS4 sometimes instead of my much better gaming PC because trophies.

Also I like the convienance and presentation of consoles.
>>
>>319933658
>>319933727
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/feature.asp?t=how_to&c=38334
I guess you can format the card to get around it, but that's still a silly thing to do
>>
>>319934040
Oh, you bought a used Vita and didn't bother resetting it. That's pretty easily avoidable.
>>
I bought the Sly collection on Vita even though I owned it on PS3 for those ludicrously easily platniumed which I now have 2 from each game.

It wasn't the only reason I bought it (I really like Sly) but it was a factor over buying a different game.

I have 23 Platniums, 7 are Sly Cooper games, 6 are Ratchet and Clank, 3 are Jak and Daxter, 3 are Uncharted, 2 are Infamous, as well as Resistance 3, Borderlands and Bloodborne.

Hardest was definetly Bloodborne, but Resistance 3 is my rarest.
>>
I like collecting achievements. I have about 50,000 gamerscore. Il get a game that interests me and il always try and 1000g it along the way. I 1000g'd fallout 4 in a couple weeks and now I don't really feel like playing it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.