[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Portal 2 has the following exchange of dialogue: >Wheatley:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: portal 2.jpg (118 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
portal 2.jpg
118 KB, 1440x1080
Portal 2 has the following exchange of dialogue:

>Wheatley: All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn’t motivating you, so, let’s try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted… fatty! Fatty fatty no parents?
>GLaDOS: And…
>Wheatley: What?
>GLaDOS: What exactly is wrong with being adopted?
>Wheatley: What’s wrong with being adopted? Um, well, uh… Lack of parents?
>GLaDOS: [to Chell] For the record, you are adopted and that’s terrible, just work with me.
>Wheatley: Some of my my best friends are actually orphans…
>GLaDOS: Also, look at her you moron. She’s not fat.
>Wheatley: I AM NOT A MORON! Just do the test, just do the test.

Isn't this insensitive to people who have been adopted? I'm not adopted, but imagine if someone playing was adopted and is then told that it's terrible. What the fuck? How did they get away with this? I thought Valve was supposed to be full of SJWs. Was there no one on the dev team who was adopted? There are also other jokes earlier in the game based on being adopted, having no parents, your genetic parents not loving you, etc. The above exchange is made worse by the fact that it happens at a point where GlaDoS and Chell are supposed to be on the same side now, and since Chell is a mute first-person protagonist it becomes easy to self-insert in her role.
>>
Antagonists aren't supposed to be sensitive to your feelings, you're intended to dislike them.
>>
>>319910625

That's true but this one is personal and can easily break the fourth wall. And by that point GlaDoS is no longer an antagonist but sympathetic. Imagine if there was a game where a character tells you that you're a dumb nigger and then shows incontrovertible statistical evidence that blacks are low IQ and responsible for violent crime. How would you feel if you were black?
>>
>>319911174

Or as a better example, tells you that blacks are a "slave race" and that's why you will always be a slave.
>>
I remember seeing outrage about this when it came out, but both robots are dicks
>>
portal 2 is from 2011. Its before SJW was a thing and all this victim culture nonsense
>>
>>319912125

>before

pffffftttttHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Then grow thicker skin.

People are always going to see something offensive in something. Get over it. Adapt to the world instead of begging everyone to stop with it.

You can´t handle a little comment here and then? You are pathetic and letting it control your life.

This is why, at a core value, me and SJWs will always be perpendicular to one another.
>>
>>319911271
/pol/ would make this their go to vidya.
>>
>>319911174
>That's true but this one is personal
are you chell? no, you're not you fatty fat person burger
>>
>"and that's terrible."-Glados
She's not saying being adopted is a terrible thing, OP. She is literally telling Wheatley that what he said is terrible. I know you suck dicks, but look at the context. Valve should've wrote that line better though.
>>
>>319910289
Jesus calm down dude. It's just some fun, if you take it personally there's something wrong with you.

Also since this is your first day on /v/ I can tell you you're going to be called much worse so you may as well leave before you collapse into a pile of tears and remorse.
>>
>>319911174
>And by that point GlaDoS is no longer an antagonist but sympathetic

pffhaha

>Imagine if there was a game where a character tells you that you're a dumb nigger and then shows incontrovertible statistical evidence that blacks are low IQ and responsible for violent crime.

Well, I'm not a mouthbreathing retard so incontrovertible evidence will prove to me dirty monkeys are dumb and violent

>How would you feel if you were black?
oh well, in that case I'd probably chimp out, based on evidence and statistics
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdOOBoCAlgs

>americans in charge of not being bootyblasted
>>
this was before SJWism
>>
>>319912869
nigga you tarded or smth
>>
>>319910289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdOOBoCAlgs
>>
>>319913340
>>319913052
"bills itself as educational"
"popular kid's video game"
"literally pokes fun for not having parents"
Guess an E rating can backfire thanks to retards.
>>
>>319913340
>Sony distributes the game
The fuck?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.