[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else playing Helldivers right now? Preferred loadouts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 31
File: thelldiverslaunch.jpg (37 KB, 638x358) Image search: [Google]
thelldiverslaunch.jpg
37 KB, 638x358
Anyone else playing Helldivers right now? Preferred loadouts?
>>
>>319907004
I think the APC is brilliant. Also quite fond of the scythe since I dont have to worry about reloading.
>>
>>319907187
Yes, the scythe is my preferred primary. Amazing against bugs but shit against cyborgs.

Still waiting to get the grenade launcher so Squid missions become easy.
>>
File: 1448285440492.png (281 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448285440492.png
281 KB, 400x400
Jetpack and machine guns.

and more machine guns
>>
>>319907369
I'm not a huge fan of the grenade launcher. The grenades seem a bit slow to me. Admittedly that might be because my internet is shit and I normally move like molasses in winter.
>>
Is it worth getting if you don't have anyone to play with?
>>
>>319907769
Playing with randos is pretty fun. This game will turn 4 strangers into brothers.

If you're looking for single player, give it a pass.
>>
>>319907769
You can just play with randomers. Or play solo and watch it turn into one of the most nerve wracking games ever
>>
Been using that laser. I think it's call the scythe and I'm loving it so far. I'm still kind of low level so I'm just using heavy armor and some how end up being the teams medic since my friends don't want to upgrade reinforce
>>
>>319907004
Is the HAV and the tank with two seats tow different vehicles?
>>
>>319908529
Two seats I mean.
>>
>>319907965
> Won't upgrade Reinforce

That's a pretty shitty friend. Reinforce and Resupply should be first priority upgrades.
>>
>>319908529
There's 4 vehicles right now. Their names escape me.

> APC with machine gun turret
> APC with anti-tank cannon
> DLC Tank with Fixed Anti-Tank cannon and no side seats.
> DLC Shitty motorcycle.
>>
shotgun and 4 mechs.
>>
Auto shotty is great for everything
Flamer for bugs
EATs for bosses
Jet pack for snow

vehicles made the game pretty boring, but I'm always glad when people bring them along, you could always use more firepower.
>>
>>319911667
On an extended mission they will just run out of ammo.
>>
How fun is this game?
>>
>>319910501
Just wheelie the fuck out of evac. I bring a bike for a successful helldive map. Just don't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1367046381520.gif (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1367046381520.gif
1 MB, 256x192
>>319914014
Very, very fun. The mechanics are excellent. At low levels it's fun panicking and getting killed in funny ways. At high levels it's fun pulling off an extremely difficult mission with teamwork and precision.

> MFW Toxic Sprayer vs Behemoths
>>
>>319914376
Guess I should add it to my list then. And search for some people to play this with!
>>
>>319907870
If that's true, this is the game I've been looking for, too bad magicka didn't have good matchmaking
>>
>Preferred loadouts?
Bugs:
Auto-Injector or Stratagem Priority
Stalwart LMG
Resupply, Commando, Rail Cannon Strike x2

Cyborgs:
Stratagem Priority
Stalwart LMG or Breaker shotgun
Resupply, Recoilless Rifle, Rail Cannon Strike x2

Illuminate:
Displacement Field
Justice rifle
Resupply, Shield module, DumDum autocannon, wildcard

I like to be the guy that takes out the heavies.

>>319907560
The grenade launcher is one of the most dangerous weapons in the game. It trivializes Illuminate council members and cyborg butcher blobs and cuts bug hordes down to size instantly. The problem is that it's also really dangerous to your allies, too. It's usually a one-shot kill if they're in the blast radius, and if they somehow survive it they catch on fire, ending up on the ground if they don't realize it and hit the dirt soon enough. I tend to think the Rumbler does the grenade launcher's job better, but the grenade launcher is more reliable.

>>319914014
It's really goddamn fun.
>>
>>319916952
Def.

There are 12 difficulty levels and the maximum difficulty you can do is equal to your Helldiver level (1-50). It's more fun early on to join some multiplayer games of higher difficulties, learn on the fly, and level up quick
>>
>>319918080
Also, Blue sparks when shooting an enemy means you're hitting armor and doing no damage. Use burst fire for accuracy's sake, and aim for the center of their body.
>>
Is there a way to get research points fast?
>>
>>319918530
The higher the difficulty, the more samples there are. On 12 there might be as many as 20 samples spread around.

If you fully upgrade the UAV that comes in the Ranger pack, samples will show up on your radar.
>>
>>319918530
Use an upgraded UAV. It reveals samples on the map.
>>
So I just bought the base game and I've been really enjoying it. Is there any DLC I should grab if I like to play a heavy weapons guy or medic?
>>
>>319919079
>heavy weapons:
Commando Pack, Defender Pack, Demolition Pack, Weapons Pack

>medic:
Support Pack
>>
>>319918050
its made by the same people
>>
I'm hoping it goes on sale during the winter sale, and I can convince a few friends to get it too.
>>
>>319919079
Also to add on to this question are there even vehicles in the base game? I haven't seen any yet.
>>
>>319919402
There's a mech and two APCs.
>>
>>319919529
>>319919306
Cool. Thanks guys.
>>
>>319919594
I did both of those, actually. I've put an unhealthy amount of time into this game already, and am just happy to see others getting into it.
>>
Man, I cannot WAIT until the holiday sale. I have this game right now, and I think it's fully worth 20 bucks even without the DLC, but when the holiday sales come around, if this game is cheap people will be more likely to get it.

Right now I can see why people don't want to get a ported ps4 game for 20 bucks especially since it looks like a dumb twin stick shooter but there is SOOO much more to it. Literally my goty, I've already sunk 24+ hours into it.

Favorite loadout is cardio + shield. You can kite ANYTHING with that loadout and those shitty illusionists don't fuck your whole day up.

Fave strategem combos are healgun + any combo of turrets, AT mines (level 3 AP mines) + shield, grenade launcher + jump pack for hilarious kite ability vs bugs, any distractor beacon build because it's amazing

Looking forward to when the DLC goes on sale eventually so I can try out all the cool toys like the UAV drone and shit.
>>
>>319918080

I will probably wait and hope for a sale as well. Have to play magicka 2 with some guys first anyway.
>>
>>319914014
It's fun enough that I was honestly shocked to find out the Magicka devs made it.
>>
>>319920014
I've always shied away from the tactical (green) stratagems. The mines are nice though, I see people constantly put them to good use.

I'm not a big fan of the cardio accelerator though, I feel like it loses a lot of utility unless everyone's using it. And god forbid someone brings a mech.
>>
>>319920130
ouch. i have magicka but i haven't played it yet. i really liked 2014 gauntlet. not fun though?
>>
>>319920542
Magicka is fun, but it gets old.
>>
>>319919729
I'm really enjoying it so far. I enjoy playing heavy weapons, medic, and engineer characters in these types of games. Although at this point I think I'll just focus on heavy weapons and engineer stuff.
>>
File: 1449675731410.jpg (48 KB, 604x271) Image search: [Google]
1449675731410.jpg
48 KB, 604x271
>>319920378
>I feel like it loses a lot of utility unless everyone's using it.

On the contrary. While I mostly play in small, 2-man or solo games with cardio, I prefer using it in large groups as well.

The reason being is once your entire team gets absolutely fucked up, YOU get to be the hero and sprint away, then call them all back in again, a task which is almost impossible on harder difficulties without cardio. I mostly use cardio to stay AWAY from my team, but I frequently run into the edge of the screen since they're so damn slow.

However if there's samples that are out of the way, I can run off and get them while everyone keeps moving towards the next objective usually. Now they just need to add a way to unlock the screen, even if it would take away a lot of the teamwork element.
>>
>>319907004
What is this? Looks like Alien Swarm except with devs that give a shit.

Regardless, I'll prolly get it during the Holiday sale.
>>
Would you play this game with KM+B or controller? I just bought it since I was on the fence before, and this thread just pushed me over the edge.
>>
>>319920758
Do so. You won't regret it. It's got a shitload of good progression and a lot to keep you playing, even if you don't have friends.
>>
post screens
>>
>>319920819
It was made for controller, but KB+M is servicable and you won't hate it or anything. You get used to the way aiming works after an hour or so.
>>
>>319920852
>43 dollars of DLC

Is any of this worth it?
>>
File: 1449625739426.jpg (50 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1449625739426.jpg
50 KB, 540x405
I'd love to play the game, but it keeps fucking crashing.

I'd get a refund, but I've played the game for 3 hours now, so I'm shit out of luck.

My PC is more than qualified to handle it. I have an i7, a GTX 970 (yeah, I know) and 16 gigs of RAM.

Is there something I am missing?
>>
>>319920694
>a task which is almost impossible on harder difficulties without cardio.

I guess the thing is I don't think that's very hard, as someone who rarely uses cardio. At some point it's not hard to read the flow of battle and position yourself to run if necessary. And once you get the reinforce stratagem down pat you might not even need to run. I've had lots of cases where I was able to squeeze out a revive and then book it, but even if the enemies close in before I can run off, what matters is that they've got three hellpods inbound to finish the fight.

And being on the edge of the screen is not a good idea, makes you unable to react to unseen threats.
>>
>>319921093

I think it'd be best to wait for a holiday sale.
>>
More like Crashdivers.

I've only finished 2 missions across 2 hours of playtime. I crash pretty consistently.
>>
>>319920819
It's perfectly usable, and you get the bonus of being able to aim better and faster.

Suddenly the laser sight stops being training wheels and becomes a precision tool for destroying enemy weak spots, especially bugs.

Just remember that when you aim, your aiming reticle starts just in front of where your character is facing.
>>
File: operatan.jpg (107 KB, 513x457) Image search: [Google]
operatan.jpg
107 KB, 513x457
Who /female/ here?

>tfw the way the female voice actor says ALIEN SCUMBAG!
>>
>>319920819

MKB seems to let me aim grenades and drops instead of having to guess the range so it seems superior if you can overcome the aim handicap
>>
>>319921093
Some are better than others, but the only one I would simply not recommend is the pistols pack.
>>
>>319921093
You can get all of the DLC for 25 dollars, or 20 dollars if you buy the delux edition.

Don't 'add all to cart' on steam, go below that. Get the reinforcement bundle or whatever, it gives it all to you.
>>
>playing multi
>find a game with 3/4 players
>probably bros who have done their fair share of helldives
>I join the match hoping to help my battle brothers push bug the bug menace
>turns out they are really struggling, I spawn in and horrible crush their sole survivor who was trying to respawn his friends
>we wipe

This fucking game man.
>>
File: 1449347365520.jpg (51 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
1449347365520.jpg
51 KB, 638x960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnWolahcquQ

Did an illuminate cape run this morning. Holy fuck, what a blast that was.

Illuminate are easily the most annoying enemies to fight, but it's fun how tactical it is to fight them rather than just a matter of having enough ammo to kill them all like with bugs/cyborgs at Hell Dive difficulty.
>>
>>319921484
Sometimes I really think that the game targets players with hellpods, especially if they happen to be standing still when one is launched.
>>
>>319921093
Most of it is trash, with a few actually good things strewn about.

You should probably wait until someone posts a list of what's actually good from the dlc before you go touching it at all. Some of it can be very misleading. Like both of the dlc mechs being inferior to the regular one you get
>>
You guys think this will go on sale on psn? I wanna pick it up but my friends are cheap and hard to convince to pay 20 bucks for it
>>
File: 1365552453287.png (126 KB, 210x339) Image search: [Google]
1365552453287.png
126 KB, 210x339
>Helldiver deploying to combat zone.
>>
This game is really amazing when everyone is playing their role. I completed a few dives earlier where when we needed to defend points one guy threw down barbed wire to create a choke point, one guy threw down turrets for fire support, one guy jumped in a mech to cover our back and I jumped up front and flamed the bugs getting stuck on the wire. This game brings 4 random players together and makes them feel like brothers in arms really quickly.
>>
>>319921671
If you're driving a mech and there's a slot open, there is a 75% chance that a joining player will land right on top of you and destroy your mech instantly, and if you're not already moving full speed, it's impossible to get out of the way fast enough.
>>
>>319921632
One on hand, I like the illuminate because they're the only race you can go full ham on with regular weapons (the Cyborgs and Bugs all require anti-armor tools). On the other hand, I get really tired of their parlor tricks.

I also really hate Obelisks. They're barely even enemies, just things that get in your way.

>>319921741
>Like both of the dlc mechs being inferior to the regular one you get
The Obsidian maybe, but the Lumberer is inarguably the best mech in the game.

As someone who has every single DLC pack, I can comment on any of them if someone's curious.
>>
FREEDOM
>>
I love the game, I just wish there was a main-hand flamethrower so I can

PURGE
>>
HOW ABOUT A NICE CUP OF LIBER

TEA
>>
i wish there was a good callout for anti armor that isnt a support weapon. i forget the name, but the callout with > > > takes 2-3 callouts to kill big bugs on helldive
>>
File: revving.jpg (21 KB, 315x310) Image search: [Google]
revving.jpg
21 KB, 315x310
>>319922000
HOW 'BOUT A NICE CUP OF LIBER-TEA
>>
>Scythe

Why, when the Sickle has more damage, and just feels better to shoot?

>Just love the minigun turret
>Faggots will whine if you bring one because they can't not get between it and the enemy
>>
>>319919306
>5 DLCs listed
What are you locked out from if you don't have DLC?
>>
>>319922243
the dlc weapons
>>
>>319922243
Sidegrades that are easier to work with.

The OP UAV that is great for farming research points.
>>
>>319922121
There are a lot of good anti-armor tools. The fact that none of them are available as primary weapons is almost certainly by design.

A good, reliable support strike for dealing with heavies is the railcannon strike. Two of them combined with stratagem priority will allow you to reliably deal with heavy enemies with just your radio.

As for weapons, the commando and the recoilless rifle are both reliable, though the commando is better against the bugs than it is against the cyborgs.

>>319922243
A lot of weapons and stratagems.
>>
>>319922206
Sickle is DLC.

I don't care when people bring the minigun turret, I just personally don't find it to be very useful on higher difficulties unless you're fighting illuminates. Too many enemies that aren't even tickled by it.
>>
File: 1445297284778.gif (1 MB, 540x320) Image search: [Google]
1445297284778.gif
1 MB, 540x320
>driving from objective to objective with everyone in the APC
>narrowly escape from death with it and everyone applauds my driving
This is super comfortable.
>>
I wish there was an item that would let me dig trenches. This game would have intense trench warfare.
>>
>>319922613
But no one actually plays without the DLC, right?
>>
File: nigga WHAT THE FUCK.jpg (23 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
nigga WHAT THE FUCK.jpg
23 KB, 318x318
When are they going to fix the crashing?

I don't know if it is related to my loadout, or the maps, or what, but I keep crashing. I've crashed six or seven times today.
>>
File: 1323312847010.jpg (42 KB, 498x501) Image search: [Google]
1323312847010.jpg
42 KB, 498x501
Picking this up at Christmas.
Hype as fuck, it looks like Alien Swarm but better.
>>
File: kana_red hat.png (372 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kana_red hat.png
372 KB, 1280x720
>that guy who insists on using the shredder in regular combat

>>319922810
I don't, but I'm deeply in love with this game so I was willing to shell out for the DLC packs as they came out.

Not everyone is me.
>>
>>319922296
>>319922492
How strong are DLC weapons compared to normal ones?

What is a stratagem exactly?

Basically what I'm asking is how pay to win is this game.
I don't like supporting DLC unless it's a game I really like and I have never supported anything pay to win
>>
Just sunk my first two hours into it and helped defend the capital

Fuckin' A this game is fun.
And intense. I've been doing solo missions so far and from what I've seen, there's a whole meta of what to use on what enemy. I've only been fighting Illuminate and Bugs so far, but my Liberator and Shotfun have been working out.

Is there a steam group going?
>>
>tfw I want the game so fucking much
>Don't know how much it will go on sale for
Do I wait? This game looks too fucking fun.
>>
>>319920758
It's a similar premise but the gameplay is pretty different. Death comes often, ammo is scarce, friendly fire is always on, and accuracy matters. Fortunately, respawns are quick and deaths are frequently hilarious. Instead of a set of linear maps, you get given a randomly generated, open map filled with objectives. You can pick where you start and inform your loadout based on what's in the map, which is where a lot of the gameplay depth occurs. EG Vehicles are great on snow planets where you move slowly, but bad on lava planets which are full of pits. If you get a lot of objectives involving carrying things, pick a one-handed weapon. If your buddy has the shotgun, use a laser weapon so all the ammo boxes go to him.
>>
>Bugs cape is shredded
>Borgs cape has bullet holes
>Protoss cape has laser burns

Technology?
>>
>>319923129
It's worth the 20 bucks to buy it now desu

Buy the game now, buy the dlc on christmas/when it goes on sale
>>
>>319923078
DLC weapons give you a good boost in the first couple levels but goddamn the default flashlight is OP as hell.

Stratagems are basically spells, call in vehicles, ammo, reinforcements, strikes etc.
>>
>>319923226
Fuck me, this is what I was thinking of doing.
>IT'S HAPPENING
>>
Illuminate is the most annoying race by far.
>You cant avoid the fucking probes, wich spot you from off screen.
>Getting sniped from off screen
>Confusion confusion confusion
>If you are distracted 1 sec as driver, the walls kill your tank
>Shielded Objectives
>>
>>319922810

I've played 20 hours on PS4 without buying any DLC. The regular weapons are fine. The DLC is cool and I will probably buy some in the future but I haven't felt that it's necessary.
>>
>>319923078
As far as I know the DLC are all sidegrades, except the Pistol Perks, which suck.

Stratagems are like abilities, ranging from supply, weapon, and vehicle drops to airstrikes.

The game most certainly isn't P2W though.
>>
>>319921975
I bought all the DLC at once after touching none of it on PS4. Any standouts? So far, the Cannon turret is amazing for defense, and the Toxic Thrower immobilizes bug tanks and can actually kill them. On the other hand, the Ninja machine gun is garbage.
>>
>>319923078
Stratagems are your skills. Summon heavy weapons, vehicules, ammo, turrets, airstrikes, mines, shields etc

Game isn't really p2w. DLC only adds a lot of versatility but most people use the base stuff anyway. Still, get the fucking DLC, it adds FUN
>>
>>319921975
Both mechs are inferior to the non-dlc version for the exact same reason. They specialize too much.

One of them completely specializes in anti-personnel weaponry which means it's completely useless on harder difficulties when heavy armour starts spawning. Not only can it not do anything to them, it also hinders your team by being a slow stompy mech and people usually need to start hustling about when armour starts appearing.

The other one specializes in an anti-armour role. Definitely the more useful of the two, but it's still hindering your team by not just using the regular mech. Has a big fat armour piercing cannon which wrecks armour, but only gets a dinky flamethrower for anti-personnel use. It's actually not a bad weapon, but it will run out of ammo almost immediately rendering it incapable of dealing with enemy infantry, and there is ALWAYS enemy infantry to deal with. There are multiple different methods of dealing with armour that does not render you a dead weight when there aren't any around. The tank destroyer is a better option for an anti-armour vehicle.

Meanwhile the regular mech still has an amazing anti-personnel weapon with tons of ammo, and can take out a minimum of four heavy armour targets by itself, up to eight if they're ones with weakpoints like the tentacle bug. That's per mech, and people who take mechs tend to take more then one.
>>
File: 1376548869255.jpg (26 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1376548869255.jpg
26 KB, 251x201
>>319922000
Freedom is here!
>>
>activating nuke
>start running
>beeping intensifies
>nuke gets sniped

Fuck Illuminates
>>
>>319923305
>>319923375
I guess I'll give it a fair chance then.

>>319923405
I was mostly worried about pay to win.
I just can't support anything like that and even if I do buy overpowered DLC it really really takes away from a game I may have been enjoying.

That's why when I see "BUY THE DLC" it concerns me a lot.
>>
Would you guys be interested in a pastebin with commentary on most of the game's weapons? I'll mark which ones are DLC.

>>319923078
Everything you need to succeed is in the vanilla game, and in fact I think many of the best weapons in the game are still the vanilla ones (Justice, Breaker, Knight for example). The DLC weapons just give you extra options to play around with.

I won't deny that some of the DLC weapons make some tasks easier. Like for example, I think it's easier to kill Bug Behemoths with the Commando (DLC) than it is with the Recoilless Rifle (Vanilla). But the Recoilless Rifle is still a reliable standby for killing heavies of all shapes and sizes.

Stratagems are basically stuff you call in once you're on the ground. That can be an extra weapon, it can be close air support from fighters, it can be a turret, a vehicle, all sorts of stuff.

>>319923498
The Lumberer does indeed specialize in anti-armor, but it's not really any less effective than the vanilla in the anti-personnel role.

The Lumberer's only drawback is that it has extremely low ammo reserves. They made it the best mech in terms of sheer combat performance, and then gave it low stamina to avoid people abusing it.
>>
>>319923112
Duuuuude why not play with other divers? Drink Liber-Tea together. Show off your capes. Get crushed by reinforce pods. Get gifted a jetpack. Feel like deities with the Recoiless Rifle + Assisted Reload.
>>
>>319923363
>Offscreen spotting INVISIBLE scouts with a thin profile
>Constant offscreen sniper enemeis that will one shot you
>Constant walls that segment you and ruin your mobility
>Multiple damage sources that slow you
>Multiple instant kill ranged attacks for the one second you're not 100% attentive to everything
>Shields
There's a reason player population drops when illuminates are the only ones left
>>
I've got it on PS4, what's the more active platform?
>>
>>319924038
It has crossplay
>>
File: 1355751478170.jpg (154 KB, 640x869) Image search: [Google]
1355751478170.jpg
154 KB, 640x869
I'm on the verge of buying it. Is it popular? I don't want it to die off in like a year.
>>
I've been doing very challenging missions solo on the bug homeworld.

I'd take the Sickle, cardio accelerator, UAV, Angel, gatling turret, and a Stomper for insurance.

I would get 13 samples in about 10 minutes just by myself, I'd contribute 6 freedom points to the war effort too.
>>
File: 1392963475931.jpg (38 KB, 584x582) Image search: [Google]
1392963475931.jpg
38 KB, 584x582
>>319923363
> Shoot shields off beacons
> Summon hellbomb
Seems pretty easy, bro.

>>319923375
Has anyone used the pistol perks? I've only used the Revolver and that thing is astounding. It can kill bug soldiers in a single shot. It also means you have a viable third weapon, meaning a single ammo box goes much farther.
>>
File: rookie.png (223 KB, 578x436) Image search: [Google]
rookie.png
223 KB, 578x436
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

Mandatory for at least one Bug mission
>>
>>319924093
There no crossplay between PC and PS4/VITA.
>>
>huge ass rocket launcher is called recoilless rifle

this pisses me off everytiem

Anyway, recoilless rifle or EATs?
>>
>>319924093
Not between PC and Playstation platforms. However, both PC and PS4/PS3/Vita players contribute to the same metagame.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (14 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14 KB, 299x168
>>319923568

>activate nuke
>run and jump for cover at the last minute
>it's not necessary but it feels badass
>>
>>319924173
Its not so much that the weapons themselves are bad, its just that I think its a waste of a perk slot.
>>
>>319924108

It's been out on PS4 since the start of the year and still has a massive community.
>>
>>319924173
The hellbomb gets shot down 2 secounds after it landed. On Helldive this shit becomes sniper bullet hell anyway, the bomb just gets hit by crossfire.
>>
>>319924108
It's been going strong on PSN for 10 months, with three major free updates. Steam version is doing really well in terms of reviews. Also compare how much support Arrowhead gave to Magicka. Unless Sony screws them over, it will last a long time.
>>
>>319907004
Is it worth getting on Vita?
I loved Alien Swarm and hated that it died.
>>
>Join group of randoms to fight Illuminate boss
>After an hour of tries finally achieve victory
>Get the disconnected bug as I climb in the evac shuttle

JUST
>>
>>319924286
I like the recoilless rifle better. The thing with the EATs is that them being disposable and having a cooldown means you can only use them on a situational basis.

But the need for anti-armor on higher difficulties is constant, not situational.
>>
>>319923781
The problem with the Lumberer is that it's a dead weight the second there' no armour to shoot at. You might as well not even have the flamethrower with how fast it runs out of ammo.

Whenever you're using the Lumberer, you could be using one of the other methods of destroying armour that doesn't render you useless in the interim instead, like the regular mech.
>>
>20 Eur
I guess I'll just wait for a bit
>>
>>319924286
Recoiless if you have a teammate who can assisted reload you, where it becomes the most powerful weapon in the game.
>>
File: come get some.jpg (793 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
come get some.jpg
793 KB, 1920x1080
WHO /ATMINES/ HERE
>>
>>319924173
>>319924469
Seriously I don't get why those guns are not just base weapons. That would add a lot of diversity to the one-handed weapons.
>>
File: 1356997946768.jpg (496 KB, 1420x1000) Image search: [Google]
1356997946768.jpg
496 KB, 1420x1000
>>319924421
>>319924472
Fuck it I'll do it.
>>
>lvl7 solo arena mission
>300 kills
>4 minigun turrets

It's on
>>
>>319924536
I mean, the AT cannon has splash damage and thus works perfectly well against any enemy...

Here's the thing. Imagine a single lv12 heavy engagement. Behemoths, Brood Commanders, warrior hordes coming out of the ground, the works.

During that battle, I'm gonna feel better with a lumberer by my side than I am with the stomper.

The stomper is a reliable jack of all trades mech, but in terms of sheer combat performance the lumberer outclasses it. Its benefit is that it has the reserves to last between engagements, but it sacrifices overall killing power for that stamina.

Part of my reasoning is that I think mechs should be situational. They were never intended to be dragged through multiple engagements, that's why Arrowhead nerfed the stomper's ammo capacity a month or so after release. They're what you pull out during defense objectives or the extraction. And in those contexts, I think the lumberer is the superior option.

But in the end, I don't use mechs period so this is just an armchair discussion for me.
>>
>>319925085
>turrets kill each other
>>
>>319922914
Alien Swarm meets Magicka
>>
https://youtu.be/-_7FaWnlhS4?t=14s

Me joining a game
>>
File: 1379806492373.png (104 KB, 198x223) Image search: [Google]
1379806492373.png
104 KB, 198x223
Is the flamethrower any good?

I want to burn some bugs.
>>
How is the game on PC?

I mean control-wise

I played it for a while on vita and it was fun, but fuck the controls on vita were not very good

They good on PC?
>>
File: 689987_4498072.jpg (87 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
689987_4498072.jpg
87 KB, 960x540
>>319925174
>Not having proper turret placement
>>
>>319924489
It plays well on Vita but it made my hands cramp at times because of the controls. It being crossbuy was nice though.
>>
>>319925335
It's okay, justl ike any weapon, but really why would you want a mid-range weapon when you can have a long range one

I still take it sometimes (or the green one) to look cool in my hazard ops suit
>>
I really wish there was some way of rearming your mech. Even having an entire strategem slot just be to reload it. Maybe some kind of rearming station.

It never doesn't feel bad leaving behind the mech you used the whole map and managed to not get destroyed because it ran dry on ammo and you have no way of refilling it.
>>
>>319925335
It's one of the best weapons against the bugs (since it can even eventually kill heavies), but mediocre against the other two races.
>>
>>319924489

It's cross buy so if you buy the PS4 version you get the Vita version for free. It's perfectly serviceable on Vita, the entire game is there and is full cross-ply with PS4 but does look a lot worse. The PS4 version is rock solid 60fps whereas the Vita version hovers around the 30fps mark. I wouldn't buy it solely to play on Vita. I only play the Vita version when I'm away from my PS4, it has cross save functionality.
>>
>>319925336
Mouse makes it trivial. Say goodbye to that stupid laser sight perk that should be on every weapons by default

Controls are fine imo, it's just that the game is very stiff, lots of slow realistic animations, etc. It's all about timing and it's great
>>
>>319925483
It's gonna be Vita or PC.
Am I going to get a shitty experience on the Vita?
>>
>>319925118
I really hate that ammo nerf that was given to it. It doesn't solve anything because people who want to drive mechs around are going to fill their strategem slots with them, possibly also a healy gun. Even after the nerf, you can still get over half way through a high difficulty mission on a single mech if you're not completely fucking retarded with ammo usage.
>>
>>319925806

Buy PC, Vita version is fine but framerate is shaky around 30fps and the visuals are gimped.
>>
What is the best way of taking out heavies? Rockit Lawnchair, that 2-seat tank, a strike stratagem, dying and hoping to respawn on them?
>>
File: sgt-zim.jpg (20 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
sgt-zim.jpg
20 KB, 500x285
>>319925232
>mfw negotiating with bugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI
>>
>>319925706
Okay that's good

cause aiming, grenades, all that shit was just kind of clunky on the vita where it felt like you were trying to aim with 8 directions instead of a full analog stick

I was just a little worried that if I got that I'd have to suffer through some awful mouse version of that
>>
>>319926024
Also 10000000000000 year long loading screens
>>
>>319926034

I prefer the fully upgraded rocket launcher, it only has 6 rockets by default but it will kill a heavy in 1 hit. The strikes are very powerful but they tend to TK battle brothers if they aren't paying attention.
>>
>>319926034
Depends on the heavy. For Bug heavies, I like the railcannon strike and the commando rocket launcher. I've also seen people use the C4 charges to amazing use.

For Cyborg heavies (specifically the IFVs), the recoilless rifle or railcannon strike. I've had decent luck with the Rumbler, too.

For illusionists and council members, the DumDum and grenade launcher work wonders.
>>
>>319926305
Oh also, anything with a 90mm cannon. That is, the lumberer, the bastion, the AT emplacement and the M5 APC.

The M5 is actually the best bang-for-buck anti-tank option in the game.
>>
>>319926034
Tank destroyer>Recoilless rifle with support reloading>Recoilless rifle without support reloading>Stratagems

Stratagems can oneshot armour, but you can't rely on them because the ones that do the job have massive cooldowns. Tank destroyer only requires one retard on the gunner seat and you can kill all the armour ever. They don't even have to aim, you do that for them.
>>
>>319926557
I like railcannon with stratagem priority. It does the job.
>>
>>319926151
Oh yeah. With the mouse, grenades go where you aim at, no need to charge your throw. Your character raises or lowers his arm as you aim closer or farther
>>
>>319926695
This. If I want to be the heavy guy, I take two railcannon strikes + stratagem priority.

You'll never not be able to deal heavies.
>>
>>319926305
Oh yeah, the C4 seems pretty boss. It's like having a recoilless rifle that doesn't need reloading. Just throw 2 at once and bam.
>>
File: 977.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
977.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>319922076

Is this game worth it? I wanna unleash the WRATH OF THE EMPEROR on thexe xenos and bring DEMOCRACY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE to the universe.
>>
>>319927232
It's my GOTY.
>>
>>319927097
It's a really good option for the bugs, because it can destroy hives.
>>
Seriously though, why can't they just release new maps, objectives and enemy races? It shouldn't be that hard to do, and would add much more variety than a gun that shoots blue instead of red. There's only FIVE fucking environnements come on.
>>
>>319927520
So does the recoilless rifle, and anything that explodes really. I do it with a Lumberer mech usually
>>
>>319927232
I am having lots of technical issues.

Crashes abound. I probably am only able to finish half the missions I start because of it.
>>
>>319927586
They already did. The volcanic environments were added via patch, as were the arenas, bosses, artillery repair, mine-discovery, and geological probe objectives. The Cyborg hounds, Illuminate Obelisks (the domes that create walls), and the Bug impalers (tentacle guys) were all added post-release as well.

>>319927685
I know. I wasn't saying the C4 was the *only* alt option for hives.
>>
>Been sieging the bug planet for 4 days
>not once has the bar gotten beyond 1/2
They need to increase the incentive or something
>>
Gonna get it when it's on sale
>that DLC
>>
tried playing torrented version on a toaster, get 60fps with drops when too much shit happens

do FPS drops affect other players like in some games or will I be okay?
>>
>>319907004
Is there a /v/ steam group yet? I want to shoot bugs with you fags.
>>
>>319927889
I keep seeing this crash issue. Hopefully it's fixed by Christmas.
>>
>>319930347
What kind of crash issue is it? The PS platforms used to have it real bad too, a few weeks after release.

I was getting constantly disconnected, couldn't reliably finish a mission. It didn't hard crash very often, but you'd get booted out of games almost constantly.
>>
Quick, favorite Cape?
>>
>>319930707
Operator all the way. Are you a fag or something, rookie?
>>
File: Illuminate_Negotiator.png (324 KB, 724x544) Image search: [Google]
Illuminate_Negotiator.png
324 KB, 724x544
>>319930707
Illuminate negotiator, hands down
>>
>>319930707
Black Ops or Commando. The Cyborg one is neat too, makes you look like you've seen some shit.
>>
>>319930707
helldivers cape. This isn't the gaypride, faggot
>>
>>319930707
Admiral, of course
>>
POST SCREENS
>>
>>319931145
I'm in love with the admiral hat.

>tfw wearing the admiral's cap and always calling shit down

"This is Commander Anon, my team needs everything you've got! Send bombers, launch the rockets, activate all the artillery batteries!"
>>
File: Flat-screen2.jpg (481 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Flat-screen2.jpg
481 KB, 2000x2000
>>319931539
>>
>>319930707
Ceremonial Armor. Waiting for the war to conclude so I can be the only not-yellow person in the squad.
>>
File: 39.jpg (82 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
82 KB, 816x816
>yfw they add mod support
>Custom voice mods
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2WEFlQva30
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilSDgI1JONw
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATUJSjNJEj4
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI2o7I6E9YM
>>
This is the game Alien Swarm was supposed to be but Valve gave up.
>>
>>319931870
>mechs get dreadnought VO

>WELCOME TO OBLIVION
>>
>>319931703
How do you get it?
>>
>>319932298
Participate in a victorious war.
>>
Flame airstrike is OP
>>
>>319932298
Participate in a successful war.

There's also one you get for participating in a war where you lose. THAT one makes you look like you've seen some shit.
>>
>>319932401
It's only really good against the bugs.
>>
>>319932415
which one?
>>
>>319932569
I think it's called the veteran's set. The cape is torn up and the armor has gashes in it.
>>
Sometimes man, fucking randoms
>call in tow bikes for speedrun
>me and competent hop in one
>retard hops in other
>"it don move is stuck"
>he literally can't figure out how to press W
>tell him to get into turret while I drive
>drives perfectly normally
>later at an objective he ends up shooting the bikes and doing a ton of damage and they get destroyed
>>
File: 869.jpg (83 KB, 412x441) Image search: [Google]
869.jpg
83 KB, 412x441
>>319932000
>Player voices
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNCB4tToN4
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aepbLFaOlE
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s67Z0B3wDJg
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRiB8hUxTzw

>Call in a tank
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WObQq54JZg
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRq5mmk1ngs
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEi7vpUupJU

>Call in mech
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00VEY_74alM
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCyli5gJefc
>>
>>319932415
>>319932364
What are 'Wars'?

Is it defeating a home planet?
>>
>>319933639
Defeating all three home planets.

The war is Helldiver's metagame. Every time you beat a mission, you contribute to progress in that region. Eventually, the community conquers region after region, ending up at the enemy homeworld and hopefully conquering that too, putting that race out of action until the war is over.

The races also strike back sometimes too. I dunno if this has happened yet on the PC version, but they will sometimes try to take regions back, in which case you have special capital city events. If the enemies win, they take the region. They can keep doing this until they get all the way to Super Earth.

I don't remember if it's just one race or all three, but if they reach Super Earth we lose the war.
>>
>>319933991
There was a capital bug defense today, since we fucked up and didn't get the bug home planet
I really like the city maps.
I wish there were more sandbag positions though
>>
>>319934195
The city maps are fun. The narrow corridors makes friendly fire easier, so moving in coordinated groups with your teammates becomes even more vital. I've seen people literally draw up squad formation diagrams (i.e. arrow formations, two on point two on rear, etc) , some of which specifically for city layouts.

Also city maps being overall smaller while still having the same number of samples makes them a gold mine for research points. On helldives you might actually see 2-3 samples in a single intersection.
>>
>>319918331
Can't highlight this enough. Burst firing the big guy in a patrol can save you a lot of trouble, and it's very unlikely you're going to murder him full auto at range.
>>
>>319934589
I love how different the cities feel, since they're so constricted.
Also, no holes, so biking is easier
>>
>>319934867
Some weapons are designed to be fired at full auto, and I think that burst fire is more important against the bugs than it is against the other races, but I agree that in general controlled bursts are better, if only for ammo conservation.
>>
>>319923781
What this guy said about DLC. The Justice especially is basically just the best gun in the game hands down, and the recoilless with a few reliable teammates trivializes a lot of encounters
>>
I regret giving the bike a gun
>at extraction
>teammates have defenses prepped, holding the line
>call down bike and just sit in the side seat
>comfy as fuck
We had a good laugh
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.