[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this game so hated by critics? It's fucking great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 9
File: devils-third-boxart-na.jpg (280 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
devils-third-boxart-na.jpg
280 KB, 1049x1500
Why was this game so hated by critics? It's fucking great. Personally, I'd say it's better than Bayonetta 2.
>>
They didn't play it (MP) or they sucked at it
>>
Itagaki pls go. Maybe you realize now that it was the talented developers at Team Ninja who made your games mechanically sound. pls no sudoku though.

Go play some Tekken.
>>
>>319892292
I know you have to be willing to eat shit to even own a Wii U but holy shit, forcing yourself to enjoy that garbage is embarrassing
>>
>>319893117
Coming from someone who hasn't played it.
>>
Low budget.

Eh, it doesn't look that bad like EU players made it out to be, but not the best game either.
>>
It's a low budget exclusive. It's ok to shit on those, but praise AAA games that suffer from the same problems.
>>
the MP is coming to PC for free lol.
>>
>Devil's Third better than Bayonetta 2
I cannot for the life of me imagine anyone genuinely holding this opinion, sorry.
>>
>>319892292
>Personally, I'd say it's better than Bayonetta 2.

Here's your fucking reply! There! Are you happy now?!?!?

Jesus fuck, you were fiending for this fucking reply, well there you go! I GIVE YOU ALL THE GODDAMN REPLYS!!!!!

(You)
(You)
(You)
>>
I own a Wii U and honestly you can go fuck yourself shilling this piece of shit.

You're just as bad as those faggots shilling Shovelware STEAM
>>
>>319892292

YOU THINK I WAS LYING, WHEN I SAID YOU GONNA GET YOUR FUCKING YOUS

TAKE THEM TAKE ALL THE YOUS

(You)
>>
I think the single player is pretty forgettable but enjoyable. I liked it a lot more when I put it on easy and blasted through it. That's not something I'd usually do but I wanted to finish the game and get the golden eggs to use in multiplayer.

Ivan is a really boring character which is a shame.

The multiplayer is outstanding. It's very fast paced and you can pull off some great maneuvers. Building a base and then defending it feels really good.

It seems like it became a cool thing to hate it. A lot of people hopped on the bandwagon which is a shame. Not that it's perfect of course. Just most people I've asked can't even explain to me why they hate it.
>>
What's with that eye rape color on that picture fucking hell.
>>
>>319896663
Boss fights are actually fun. Combat is more satisfying. Story is better, and I think I prefer the voice acting too.

It's just a better game all around.
>>
File: 2015-12-12 12.12.21.jpg (964 KB, 1049x1499) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-12 12.12.21.jpg
964 KB, 1049x1499
>>319892292
I think mine is better.
>>
>>319897437

all you
>>
>>319892292
Great shitpost
>>
>>319897437
>>319897616
i hope you're at least sage-ing
>>
>>319892292
EVER SINCE I LEFT THE CITY (You)
>>
>>319892292

I got all fucking day, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>319897661
>Just most people I've asked can't even explain to me why they hate it.
Do you want an actual explanation as to why the game is objectively shit or was this just bait? We've known for months the game is bad.

Also if any of you think this game is better than Bayonetta 2 you might actually need to kill yourselves.Bayonetta 2 has it's own problems but at least it's a solid game.
>>
>>319899095
No, you've known for months that critics didn't like it, and it was almost immediately proven by fans that they didn't even play it. At most, they got to the Panama level.
>>
>>319897696
Jesus man, either you are one tasteless motherfucker or a bad troll.
>>
>>319899095
>but at least it's a solid game.

>

its shit, you faggot
>>
>>319899631
No, I've known for months it's shit because I bought it on the Japanese e-shop, I was posting webms when the game was released and was telling you all it was fucking bad.
>>
>>319892292
well bayonetta2 was pure crap no wonder why you enjoy that shit
>>
>>319897554
bwhahahhaa thats the same thought ninty gives about all the wiiu owers bwhahahhaha
>>
>>319899990
Ooooh, you're that faggot.

Yeah, I remember you. You were using a hack or something to make the game look a lot worse than it actually was.

Faggot.
>>
>>319899990
u musk kill yarself for owing a weabo wiiu edition
>>
>>319900327
>You were using a hack or something to make the game look a lot worse than it actually was.

I don't even know how to respond to this stupidity.
>>
>>319892292
Went through development hell do the end product looks so terribly unfinished, I can't bring myself to play it. The first trailer looked more interesting than what was delivered.
>>
>>319897758
You cant beat Diwid Thiht. He has TWO
>count em
TWO swords
>>
I've been looking forward to it since it was vapourware, but upon seeing it recently it feels like whatever passion he had for it just dissipated and he just wanted to get it done. Probably a nice little bargain bin title but not at the current asking price. I do want to give it a go at some point, though.
>>
>>319892292
It's garbage, Oatmeal kun.
>>
It looks Ike a third rate Gears of War mixed with some Korean F2P game tier brawling. With the production values of an EDF game and directed by a guy who's made one decent game.
>>
Because it's crap. And you really shouldn't make so many threads trying to viral this jap F2P abortion.
>>
>>319894702
This.

literally mgsv tier
>>
>>319892292
>I'd say it's better than Bayonetta 2.
You've been shilling devils turd here all day saying it's better than Bayonetta

It's not better. It's not even good.

There's a reason Nintendo pretends it doesn't exist and only shipping about 50 copies to actual stores in the United States.

It's because it sucks.
>>
>>319895670
For the Thailand market. As a free to play shitfest the likes of GunZ and those other terrible shooter shitstains those third worlders like so much.
>>
>the multiplayer is the best part
>only 100k will buy the game so the online multiplayer will always be dead

Oh well
>>
Sadly the EU playercount has really dropped now :'(
>>
OP is baiting, but Devil's Third is honestly like a solid 7, its a bit jenky, the graphics are a bit underwhelming, but it has good game play, and a stupid fun story

I don't understand the terrible reviews its getting, a 44 metacritic is overboard
>>
>>319903038
The gameplay isn't good. It's generic third person cover shooting against spongy (note I said spongy, not difficult, the game isn't hard it's just tedious) enemies with a god awful framerate and the most shallow melee combat imaginable.
>>
It was fun while it lasted, the shooting mechanics were simple but the melee has some depth with context senstive attacks
>>
>>319903038
And low framerate in an action game, bad combat and shooting in a terrible combination, and a graphical compartment that would have been underwhelming on the PS2.
>>
>>319902829
>100k
Try 60K max
>>
like combat sliding and slicing the opponents knees then stuns them for a follow up pistol kill
>>
>>319903309
Yeah, just like that F2P game Warframe, that came out years before it and still has walljumping.
>>
The only faint hope DT had for an active playerbase was splatoon style servers
>>
>>319903131
>spongy
The only spongy enemies are the heavies and the zombie monkey things
The most shallow? So how is the combat shallow? I'm not saying its deep, it isn't, but it isn't as shallow as something like DMC
>>319903191
The framerate gets low when a ton of stuff is happening, but it has a 30 FPS when theres less then 4 enemies around(not counting rocket launchers), which is most of the time
The combat isn't bad, its actually pretty fun, its no DMC3 or Bayonetta, but is no DMC or Bullet which
>X looks like its from the PS2!
Its doesn't, it looks like a mid life cycle 360 game

Its nice to see that your shouting opinions despite never actually playing the game, or probably even watching gameplay, but please continue to argue something for a game you've obviously never played
>>
well i imagine the "inspiration" was CoD and the like, so trying to find a middle ground between single attacks and action game style move lists was what they went for
>>
>>319903561
>but it has a 30 FPS when theres less then 4 enemies around
That's not a plus at all. Fucking Uncharted could do better than that.
>>
with the EU multiplayer as barren as it is i'll give the pc beta a go which conveniently went into open on the 11th
>>
>>319903972
I didn't say it was a plus, the game isn't well optimized but its not like its sub 30 fps on a constant basis

Why compare uncharted?
>>
>>319904143
Because it's a game that clearly doesn't need them, and it can still handle framerate better than this pathetic tripe.
>>
>>319903561
Nevermind you're delusional. The melee is literally just a light and heavy string + some context attacks and buggy kill animations on enemies. There is literally no combo system to speak of outside of the aforementioned.

Those sections with the spongy enemies make it an extremely boring slog unless you sprint up, somehow don't get torn apart and throw your Sword twice for instant kills (why the thrown Sword attack has such a stupidly high damage value I can't understand)

>>319904143
It very frequently drops below 30, you need your eyes checked faggot. Every time you zoom in you're sub 25.
>>
The strangest thing about the DT saga is how people whine about the death of middle ground games. Then when 1 comes out its attacked by almost everyone, whilst you could get it for £25 at launch anyway hardly a AAA price
>>
>>319904620
This guy is right about the singleplayer having dull enemies that soak up bullets, the best bit of the SP is the credits theme
>>
threadly reminder that the PC version does exist, and will eventually come out overseas

>inb4Nexon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW_vCZC5bJQ
>>
>>319904620
fortunately in the multiplayer other players arent anywhere near as damage resistant
>>
>>319905228
>Nexon
Oh God, that's the icing on the cake. There is no hope.
>>
>>319904620
With dodges, and blocks, and throwing. But nice try champ.
There not that many spongy enemies, the only part where it gets rougher is near the end and in the lab where you have like 3 bullet sponge enemies next to each other

I'm not sure what your smoking, the game doesn't drop below 30 FPS on a regular basis for me, besides the explosions and X amount of enemies

I'm not really sure what your trying to prove considering you haven't played the game, but I'd recommend you actually play the game, its pretty fun, I'd wait until its about 40 or 30 though

>>319905218
>regular enemy can be killed with a single shotgun blast
>2 headshots with assault riffle
>1 shot with sniper rifle to the head
>>
The multiplayer is a lot of fun. Yeah it's not the prettiest game but i have feeling gonna develop a niche mutiplayer base on wii u. Hell there still is a great small group of people playing blops 2 on wii u. Plus clan play is a lot of fun! Story is mindless but it gets you there. I say pick it up when its cheap. (though the game is sold out due to low stocks) but i guess the eshop is always available. And i guess you could wait for the free to play pc version of the multiplayer.
>>
Anybody streaming it?
>>
>>319905390
>X amount of enemies
Again, are your enemies supposed to spawn in turns in order to keep framerate barely over a slideshow or what?
>>
>>319905807
This guys speaks the truth, treat the SP as a glorified training mode, boss battles help loads for teaching you the block and dodge mechanics/timing
>>
>>319905969
No, but the game doesn't throw more then 4 at you at most times

For the last time, I never said the framerate is good, it isn't, but its not a slideshow a majority of the time
>>
>>319905390
>I'm not really sure what your trying to prove considering you haven't played the game, but I'd recommend you actually play the game, its pretty fun, I'd wait until its about 40 or 30 though
I played it in August when it released originally.

>With dodges, and blocks, and throwing. But nice try champ.
I'll stick with delusional, the combat is shallow as shit. This is objective.

I literally clarified which enemies are spongy and that they're boring as shit to fight against, the rest of the game is pathetically easy. The bosses are all retarded as fuck because the AI is god awful.

>I'm not sure what your smoking, the game doesn't drop below 30 FPS on a regular basis for me, besides the explosions and X amount of enemies
Find a local opticians.
>>
>>319906056
It really does. Plus the fact it has chat rooms in the lobby and voice play i have met some pretty cool people I really hope they change their mind and do cross play with wii u and the pc version. For the record the wii u version has keyboard and mouse support (i still use the gamepad personally)
>>
File: tears.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>319892292
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/11/26/dead-or-alive-creator-tomonobu-itakaki-comments-on-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-not-coming-west/
>I’ve established new IP called “Devil’s Third” while they’re sleeping.
>>
>forgettable mediocre game made by Nintendo
>/v/ defends it as the best game ever on the U
>mediocre game with actually fun parts not by Nintendo
>lmao its shit afdssfd SHIT FUCK (You)
This isn't funny anymore.
>>
>>319892292
It's treason then.
>>
>>319906231
Same here, although I doubt your claim

Its shallow in comparison to things like DMC3 or Bayonetta, but its really not that shallow, you have different weapons, ways of playing and different weapons work better on different enemies, and its fun, at least for me
also
>objective
:^)

I wouldn't say boss AI is fulled retarded, the nigger and the hot chick had decent AI

I already wear glasses
>>
>>319906718
Welcome to /v/, enjoy your stay
>>
>>319906881
>although I doubt your claim
I uploaded a Hardcore playthrough the week it released.

>I wouldn't say boss AI is fulled retarded, the nigger and the hot chick had decent AI
No they fucking didn't. The AI on every boss is dumb as shit, super basic, limited combos against you etc.

>but its really not that shallow, you have different weapons, ways of playing and different weapons work better on different enemies, and its fun, at least for me
Okay, you eat shit or something. The weapon variety is basically irrelevant when the different weapons still all have 2 strings + context.
>>
I forgot to cancel my pre-order because Amazon would've taken away the 30% discount from the E3 deal. Now I have to spend money to ship it back to Amazon.

Fuck. I hope I can pick this game up for like, $20.
>>
At this point we should forbid free speech. Clearly having every opinion avaiable is not a good thing.
>>
>>319906606
>Galapagosian
What does this mean? I googled this but nothing came up
>>
>>319907246
the game is sold out in america. you might as well keep it and sell it in the future sealed i have a feeling its gonna catch a high price.
>>
>>319907470
funny guy, there's still a fucking wall of them on my EB, and Amazon seems to have stock.

I'll take my chances.
>>
>>319907358
Someone from the Galapagos Islands?
>>
>>319907358
galapagos is a bunch of islands
a japanese calling another japanese a foreigner is an insult
>>
>trash game on PC/Xbone/PS4
>rightfully never mentioned
>trash game on nintendo console
>this game is so good here have a thread
>>
File: 1441334522542.png (18 KB, 464x485) Image search: [Google]
1441334522542.png
18 KB, 464x485
>>319897758
>WiiW
>>
>>319907657
EB huh? maybe canada got more stock. they are out completely in america
>>
File: Itgaki.jpg (1 MB, 1166x1411) Image search: [Google]
Itgaki.jpg
1 MB, 1166x1411
Suicide when?

Literally no one will want to fund this guy after he wasted 5-6 years on a dated piece of shit.
>>
>>319908408
Nobody really wanted to fund Devil's Third either. They had a lot of people pitch in, but not enough.

Yu Suzuki and Harada are both in the credits.
>>
>>319897437
What is this wild idea that people are crazy for wanting replies? Are we not all posting on a fucking message board? Jesus what a bunch of crybaby fucking faggots.
>>
>>319908408
Literally no talent. How did this guy ever get an upper position in video game development? And even acting all smug and cocky without having an ounce of skill to back it up.
>>
>>319908408
>Yu Suzuki
I feel like if he didn't have to restart so much and switch engines as well as that hell that was THQ's closure. I feel like it could have been a better game. It was suppose to run on darksiders engine before it switched to unreal 3. Who knows.
>>
>>319902829
Just play the PC version
>>
>>319907947
Itahacki dickriders like to pretend he's not washed up.
>>
>>319908913

>no talent
>was behind one of the greatest action games of all time

and don't give me that whole "it was because of team ninja" shit. We all saw what happened to a Ninja Gaiden game without Itagaki.
>>
>>319909381
We all saw what happened with Itagaki without team ninja. The Ninja Gaiden sequels may be not as good as black but they're in no way as bad as DT.
>>
>>319909381
Ninja Gaiden was just a case of sheer luck.
>>
>>319909638
No, I'd say Ninja Gaiden 3 is worse than DT.

Hey, the best part of NG3 is it's multiplayer!
>>
>>319909937
It's alright, you're allowed to be wrong.
>>
>>319909638

Devil's Third went through development hell and multiple engine changes, Ninja Gaiden 3 didn't

Hackyashi should be ashamed that even without running into major problems, his shitty game didn't manage to even be half as good as anything Itagaki made before him.
>>
>>319909859
Maybe there was some guy we don't know who was responsible for black being that good? Maybe some legendary part timer who stayed after working hours to make the game good.
>>
>>319910328
I hope that they will some day port it to PC
>>
>>319910319
Well at least he was competent enough to avoid development hell. Itakagi couldn't even manage that. Not surprising that a talentless hack should never be in charge, I hope he is fired.
>>
>>319910328
For sure that wasn't they guy that set up the camera in any game of the series, the character designer or the writer. NG is fun but fuck if the camera isn't annoying and the bosses aren't pathetic looking.
>>
>>319910560

You know thq went out of business when devil's third was still being worked on right retard?

Not really sure how Itgaki could have avoided that.
>>
>the rarest wii u game is also going to be the worst
Hilarious
Can't wait for people to start dropping 100+ for a used copy on jewbay.
>>
>>319910737
Itakagi is a hack, he couldn't have avoided anything. The game was doomed from the start. If the game had any talent behind it you would see it even if it was released in scraps. The game is finished, it's poor in every single aspect. The foundation of the game is shit and so is everything else. Itakagi is a complete hack with no future in game development.
>>
>>319910980

There's not much of a demand for it. Stores just don't have many copies in stock.
>>
>>319910737
Just a reminder that THQ hired Hard Gay for this.

https://youtu.be/Vmp8ATOTMTM
>>
I really like how it shows you the world wide rank for the single player mode. I wish all games did this.

Very nice
>>
>>319911605
Many games have leaderboards anon. Stop being retarded
>>
>>319911605
The rankings are terrible, they're so limited and only rank you for farming enemies in boring ways for score. They include a Timer but don't let you sort via speedrun.
>>
>>319911362
Japanese comedians are pathetic. Comedians in general are pathetic but the japanese ones have no shame at all and do everything for money.
>>
File: 1212651897765.jpg (5 KB, 200x157) Image search: [Google]
1212651897765.jpg
5 KB, 200x157
>>319892292
wow
>>
>>319911679
>>319911713
I actually thought I was in the fast neo racing thread still. Sorry
>>
>>319911362
Funny how Itakagi is partying hard in this video. How many bones did the Yakuza already break of his for not being able to pay back the loan he took to finish the game?
>>
>>319911362

Damn, I'm going to miss Itagaki. He just seems like he was everything that modern devs aren't.

I remember that quote about how he decided to make Ninja Gaiden harder after the testers complained that it was too hard.

I can already imagine how he would have reacted to all the faggots that are against DoA xtreme 3 being localized.
>>
>>319912674
He did actually. It's where the quote of him calling Team Ninja Galapagosian came from. He also said they fucked up by removed the jet skis.
>>
>>319913495

>Galapagosian

I've been seeing this thrown around and I had no idea what the hell everyone was talking about.

I just had a hearty laugh after seeing the full quote.
>>
>>319892292
Dunno bruh
>>
Is it that bad? This came out with barely any word
>>
File: Tomonobu_Itagaki.jpg (457 KB, 1536x1225) Image search: [Google]
Tomonobu_Itagaki.jpg
457 KB, 1536x1225
>>319912541
They sprayed his face with acid.
>>
>>319916190
Majority of the scores are 6's and 7's. Which is what it deserves. IGN's 3 is ridiculous. SONIC BOOM GOT A HIGHER SCORE FROM THEM.

So no. It's not entirely great, but it's not that fucking bad.
>>
So does anyone who isn't a "muh metacritic" shitposter want to discuss the game?

How are the few of of you that bought it liking it so far? Have any good multiplayer matches yet? What would you guys say are the top tier weapons for online?
>>
>>319917696
I like to go in with a katana and after if it a stale mate i'll back up and use a pistol works everytime
>>
File: 1449155407575.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1449155407575.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>319897886
GOT A REPUTATION FOR YOURSELF NOW
>>
>>319917696
Most people who enjoyed this garbage heap can't properly operate a keyboard, so expecting to find anyone to discuss it with on the internet is a fool's errand.
>>
>>319918036

Are pistols actually good in this? Most of the videos I've seen are people using shotguns and explosives.
>>
>>319918193

I guess well all can't enjoy good critic approved games like Gone Home like you can eh Einstein.
>>
>>319918425
>That whole sentence
I rest my case.
>>
>>319892292
What's with the discolored WiiU box art images that always crop up?
>>
>>319918253
A lot of people is most shooter tend to over look pistols. They are not bad at all. Especially if you upgrade the ammo capacity. i'm able to do very well with it.
>>
>>319918613

How does the upgrade system work in this? Is it linear or can you unlock whatever upgrades you want in any order?
>>
>>319918959
pretty much, you use golden eggs. And if i'm being honest yes you can purchase them. but you do unlock more as you level up and play online. So there is no reason to use the microtransactions
>>
>>319918959
Also, you can buy customized outfits that effect your stats
>>
>>319919221
>>319919323

Alright sounds good, thanks. Hopefully Amazon will deliver this soon.
>>
>>319892292
I haven't played it but the combat looked terrible, uninteresting and not engaging at all. Also the main character seems silly, not in a good way just kind of a joke
>>
>runs poorly
>braindead AI
>fucking great
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.