[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game has shitloads of classes >only 2-3 of them are actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14
File: 1433858667097.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1433858667097.png
79 KB, 250x238
>game has shitloads of classes
>only 2-3 of them are actually good
>>
FF3.
>>
>>319891917
>what is every game every with classes

Best is when they're all "hybrids!" but the best class is simply the one that deals most damage.
Looking at you mmos. GW2 is a prime example.
>>
>>319891917
>DLC classes are better
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x266
>>319891917
>Game has shitloads of spells for magic

>only 3-5 are useful
>>
>>319892485
Every Final Fantasy ever.
>>
>game has crafting system
>doesn't fucking matter because the best shit is found as loot
>>
You can only get quantity or quality. Choose one.
>>
>>319892661
>game has loot system
>doesn't fucking matter because the best shit is crafted from rare as shit drops
Fuck DQ9.
>>
>>319892661
>game has tons of loot
>doesn't fucking matter because the best gear comes from crafting
>>
>Debuffs and DOTs don't work against bosses
>Mook enemies are simply better to nuke to death
>>
File: Fuck 2.gif (2 MB, 409x398) Image search: [Google]
Fuck 2.gif
2 MB, 409x398
>Game has lotsa classes
>but party members have already own stats
>some classes are useful only with certain character and you can't combine it however you want.
>>
>>319892853
>Game has tons of shops
>Doesn't matter because the best loot comes from treasure chests.
>>
File: 1449312066672.jpg (194 KB, 563x441) Image search: [Google]
1449312066672.jpg
194 KB, 563x441
>game has a class system at all
>doesn't just let you allocate skill points into whatever stats you want and lock certain gear behind stat requirements
>>
>>319892060

Dont use gw2 as any example. They fucked up severely by trying to stray from holy trinity and im never going to play an mmo without that system in place.
>>
>>319892715
bullshit
>>
>>319892485
>Dark souls
>>
>>319891917
>game has three typical class groups: warrior - thief - mage
>the warrior is always the most shit class

nor even naming games, there's a ton out there like this.
>>
>>319893031
And yet I'm told Skyrim is shit because they got rid of the entirely pointless "class" selection.
>>
>319891917
>only 2-3 of them are actually good
>others can be made mediocre at best by following niche as fuck planning and using end game rare drops
>>
>picking one doesn't matter because they can all be made to have the exact same stats and spells/abilities
>>
>>319893224
Yeah. I get being mad at stats being gone (even though they were mostly superfluous too), but all class ever did was pre-select your major and minor skills.
>>
>>319893023
>Game has tons of loot
>Doesn't matter because the best ones come from the cash shop
>>
what is killing floor 2
>>
>>319893224
That's because Skyrim doesn't have a stat ceiling to stop you from maxing out every stat.

Granted, I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games so I'm comparing it to other RPGs.
>>
Oh shit, is this a thread for shitting on Pathfinder, because man that game is a- wait, this isn't /tg/...
>>
>>319892661
>Game has craft system
>Game has stealing system
>Game has loot system
>In order to get the best gear in the game you have to spend hours grinding on all of those systems or you're forced to look it up in a guide

Fuck this shit. Can't we just go back to the days of "You need to find the right dungeon, solve the puzzle, and get the ancient legendary gear"?
>>
>Game has loads+loads of characters with unique abilities
>Only a handful get used because many are just plain bad in comparison
>>
>>319893821
4e was so good and now it's dead and all the progress and lessons learned from it are lost forever because D&D fans hate good games and love dogshit.
>>
>>319893175
Really? In my case, I feel it's the opposite.

>Game has typical class groups
>Playing anything other than Warrior is a massive waste of time and energy

I usually play warrior, but with the rare exception of a handful of games, I think the magic/skill based classes are usually not worth it.
>>
>>319893791
If you wanted you could push past the "cap" of any stat in any previous elder scrolls game anyways. I had a level 109 character in oblivion that was permanently invisible, had a weapon that could 1 shot pretty much anything, and had thousands of health, magicka and fatigue. The games are easy as shit to become a god in and people are just mad to be mad.
>>
File: Orc Edition Difference.jpg (113 KB, 1485x314) Image search: [Google]
Orc Edition Difference.jpg
113 KB, 1485x314
>>319894453
4e was dogshit. You're basically talking about yourself enjoying dogshit. 5e is the new hotness.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (493 KB, 1000x1511) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
493 KB, 1000x1511
>armored warriors are slow moving, don't have significantly more hp than any other class, have piddly damage on slow short range melee attacks, whatever defense bonus they have is negated by magic or special attacks that bypass armor, making them plodding and ineffective waste of space that get abused and easily defeated by almost any other class
>ranged archers are long ranged instakill snipers with incredible agility and defensive skills that slow and stun their enemies with impunity and utterly doom anyone with line of sight by effortlessly removing them with no counter
>devs pretend that being a warrior is "badass" despite getting shit on for free and that being a ranged class means you have to be careful because enemies might take advantage of your nonexistant weaknesses

Why can't games treat melee combat as the true king of gameplay and leave ranged classes as the situational gimmicks they are who are only effective in tandem with the much more reliable front-rank warrior?
>>
> first day playing game
> craft a weapon using all of the best materials I can muster/buy
> Not even two minutes later an enemy drops the same weapon type that has four times as much damage
> end up using weapon until mid game

fuck you inquisition
>>
>>319895452
Because that's not how history went.
>>
fucking Maplestory
>>
>>319892661
Toram Online is the exact opposite. Too bad it's only on mobile.
>>
File: cb9[1].png (334 KB, 570x311) Image search: [Google]
cb9[1].png
334 KB, 570x311
>>319895771
>history involves faggots in bath robes shooting fireballs and summoning dragons in order to cheat and defeat much better armed and trained military fighters
>history is full of elf ninjas that can throw smoke bombs and teleport around while spamming clouds of glowing homing arrows that cover their enemies in ice

archerfag detected
>>
>>319892661
What game actually has a crafting system that requires player skill, instead of hoarding recipes and materials? I think Puzzle Quest had crafting challenges, if I'm not mistaking it for beast leveling minigame.
>>
File: 1389985980237.jpg (39 KB, 283x269) Image search: [Google]
1389985980237.jpg
39 KB, 283x269
>RPG lets you make custom characters in addition to story characters
>dozens of classes, customization options
>no reason at all to make a custom character as there are enough story characters to fill your entire party
>>
>game has character with stats that you can customize
>stats just make numbers like damage and health go up
>enemies just do more damage and have more health so upgrades don't do anything
>>
File: 10030864_1[1].jpg (52 KB, 1000x675) Image search: [Google]
10030864_1[1].jpg
52 KB, 1000x675
>customizable weapons
>spend your currency to upgrade the starting gun
>get a new gun in a cutscene that looks cool
>it's not any better than the gun you started with because it's unupgraded
>end up never using it and just keep upgrading the default gun
>it turns out it has the lowest upgrade caps and isn't even that good when maxed out
>end up beating the game just using the default pistol out of some sentimental attachment even though straight upgrades are available in later missions
>>
>>319897742
what gayme?
>>
>>319897742
disgaea
>>
>>319899447
>using story characters instead of qt generics
faggot detected
>>
File: swg.jpg (29 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
swg.jpg
29 KB, 600x450
>>319897419
Easily SWG
>everything is crafted
>you can craft things by leveling up the respected classes
>recipes and materials are everywhere, but the quality range from shit to desirable
>if there is a loot system, it's usually for a unique weapon, in which some of these weapon can be deconstructed and recrafted
>>
>class is so useless that you wonder why would anyone create such a class
What was that class name?
>>
>>319900345
Mage Knight
>>
>>319892661
>game has crafting loot
>doesn't fucking matter because the best shit is found as system
>>
File: 1310497388821.png (8 KB, 271x288) Image search: [Google]
1310497388821.png
8 KB, 271x288
>guys is there a specific party composition that's just the best in this game?
>"no everyone is usable and you can beat the game with anyone"
>ok, but I'm asking if there is one particular group that's just better than all the others
>"I suggest playing your first time through with whomever you like, it's more fun this way :)"
>jesus fucking christ I didn't say I was gonna abuse it, nor is it your business if I do, just fucking tell me if there is a best party setup in this game or what
"no there isn't, everyone is at the same level"
>play game
>there is a specific party setup that actually IS much better than all the others
>>
>>319900035
That doesn't seem like what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a crafting system that's as involved as aiming at a target, keeping a car on the track, or clearing a pit in the platformer. Something like spacechem, but the solution can't be looked up, and has value other than inherent achievement.
>>
>>319897742
What is Baldur's Gate?
>>
>>319900345
druid in vanilla wow
>>
File: screen568x568[1].jpg (52 KB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
screen568x568[1].jpg
52 KB, 568x320
>Game has a shitload of classes for "generics"
>never use them because the game gives you so many named unique characters
>>
>>319901068
>wanting to be spoonfed instead of figuring it out yourself.

literal fucking cancer. let me guess, you had a GameFAQs walkthrough up the entire time telling you exactly where to go and what to pick up too..
>>
>>319901068
>people who get mad about how others play a game, let alone if it's SINGLEPLAYER game

These are people I've never understood
>>
File: unnamed[1].png (208 KB, 465x310) Image search: [Google]
unnamed[1].png
208 KB, 465x310
>game has a handful of classes, not too many
>they are each useful in their own way and don't overlap very much
>even within the same class they can be customized to be better in certain situations or be generally versatile

Love it when the dev actually gives a shit.
>>
File: Risk_of_Rain_Cover[1].png (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Risk_of_Rain_Cover[1].png
36 KB, 300x300
>Classes that don't shit out AoE damage are worthless unless they get extremely lucky with item drops.
>>
>>319902446
>I'm gonna post about a ga being really good but not include it's name so I get (You)s from people interested!

No. Fuck off.
>>
>>319896881
>History is full of a series of evolutionary weapon paths that involve the sword being discovered as the true king of combat and that's why we still use them tod-
Oh wait
>>
>>319902992
I was an interested person, and I found it in about 1 second, since it's obviously pulled from google. Stop being a tard.
>>
>>319902992
Reverse image search.
>>
>>319902498

>"single target" classes get piercing effects, making "aoe" classes useless
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.