[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: warhammer-logo.jpg (77 KB, 512x273) Image search: [Google]
warhammer-logo.jpg
77 KB, 512x273
What went wrong?
>>
it was supposed to be a pvp focused game, but everything was still designed from a pve perspective. there's literally no reason to try to force aggro mechanics into pvp when you can just discard the class triangle completely. also terrible balance, too grindy, and not enough variety in pvp.
>>
File: 42012841.jpg (29 KB, 384x287) Image search: [Google]
42012841.jpg
29 KB, 384x287
>>319891797

They made Magus look cool and tricked me into playing the worst class every conceived in an MMO.
>>
>>319892281
I feel the same about Marauder; I got so hyped to play it and it was just meh.
>>
>>319891797
The publishers shuttering them before they could revamp the game into what it was meant to be.
>>
Too many expectations and too little funding

RIP
>>
File: 1436310901363.jpg (2 KB, 89x125) Image search: [Google]
1436310901363.jpg
2 KB, 89x125
>>319891797
Class balance was complete shit in what was supposed to be a pvp focussed mmo.
>>
File: Proteus RIP WAR 2.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Proteus RIP WAR 2.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
1. Salvaged from a previous failed attempt. So they had to do double time to make up for the lost time on the first attempt by SEGA.

2. Corporate meddling(EA). forced to release early to release before Wrath of The Lich King. This actually prompted Blizzard to cut content from WoTLK to release it near the same time as WAR:AoE. EA managed to indirectly damage a second game.

3. PVP Imbalance. Warrior Priests and Bright Wizards OP as fuck. I hear Black Orks were near-unkillable.

4. PVE mechanics kind of clunky.
>>
>>319891797

EA.
>>
File: 1446418933218.jpg (160 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446418933218.jpg
160 KB, 640x640
>>319891797
>What went wrong?

Rushed out. The game was unfinished when it was sent out the door.

It was supposed to have a city for each faction, Skaven were supposed to be in from release and much much more.
>>
Forced it a week or so before Wrath of the Lich Kings talent updates.

Forced it out in beta graphics.

Forced it out missing classes.

Forced it out missing multiple major cities.

Forced it out with buggy quests, skills, animations and so on.

Either way, the game could have easily be able to survive alongside WoW. But no, EA forced it out early before it's finished. SEGA does it too with Total War games.

The PvP was great, the fluff was interesting (It was an alternative universe iirc) and so on.
>>
>>319893357
This
>>
Early release to create an arms race with WoTLK by cutting content and ignoring bugs.

Their whole compendium, or tome, or whatever they called it was a cool idea but huge chunks of it just didn't work.

It didn't help that either "mostly same mechanics arranged on different classes" is very hard to balance, or there was purposeful favoritism.
>>
I wish they made a Warhammer MMO that was PvE focused tbqh. I don't find it as interesting in PvP when one faction is unequivocally the bad guys and one is unequivocally the good guts
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 520x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 520x389
EA and god awful balance
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.